Pennine Security Solutions Employee Reviews

Worst Management Ever
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON4 March 2019
This company has the worst management team with zero professionalism. Nobody knows what they are doing. There's no proper communication even between the management itself. One member of the staff will commit something with you which the other one will completely disregard and then when you try to talk to them or explain, they won't pick up your call ( i tried calling from a different number and they picked up) They purposely ignore you to cover up for themselves.
Pros
Cons
Worst Management
Great company to work for!
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 December 2018
I am reading these reviews and I work for the company. The company is well structured and if you work hard you will go far.

Unfortunately there are people that refuse to work or refuse to do what their asked. This I find is the hardest part of the job. Such is the nature of the industry that people are hired thinking security is an easy paycheque. I have worked with staff that refuse to work and insist on doing their own thing which brings toxicities the work environment. People try to do their work but their coworkers make it hard to do it sometimes.

Much to what I said above, that is the hardest part of the job and the hardest thing to deal with. It leads to many negative reviews on sites like Indeed but honestly, it is not the companies fault if a guard is lacking or refusing to their duties. The client sees that and asks for the guard to be removed. If the client asks for the guard to be moved or removed the company has no choice in the matter.

In terms of staff schedules being changed, it is sometimes not up to the company. If the client wants hours changed, or if the guard is not working out the company is forced to make a change.

Pennine is a great place to work and the company does everything it can to help staff succeed but if the staff refuse to work or are not following instructions they have to make hard choices.

Most of the reviews on here are from disgruntled former employees who refused to do work, did not follow instructions and had to be dealt with.

Most of my duties consist of customer service and administrative duties.

The most enjoyable
  more... part of the job is interacting with residents and seeing how their lives progress.

Good luck everyone!
Pros
Great place to work, flexible hours
Cons
Lazy and incompetent staff.
bad place to join
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 December 2018
this company is a very bad place to work
they have some mean members that they will try to force you to babysit them otherwise better run away
if you can't stand mean co-worker
the schedule is not fixed, they change your duties according to what they like
they will hold your money to pay for the uniform and then they don't care about anything else
Pros
non
Cons
no support from hr, they mis-behave
Great Company
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 November 2018
I have worked for Pennine for a few years now. Working in security has its challenges but this company sat down and asked my what my schedule was rather than just assigning work to me. This helped me balance a number of obligations and be able to work.
Pennine works mainly in condos so I understand the politics with it. A number of comments suggest that it is management who makes changes when most of the direction comes from the site itself. If you do a good job, the site will want to keep you. If you do a bad job, the site can ask for you to be removed. Doesn't mean you lost your job, and I have seen Pennine try to give people a second chance and place them at a new site that may be work better for them.
When I needed to change my hours due to personal reasons the office found me something and helped me with the move over. I even got a bit of a pay raise because the new site paid more. It's hard to comment on a work culture when it depends on the site you are placed at. Management always visit and check on staff and they do go out of their way to have your back if you're not in the wrong.
Like any other security company I have worked for they have rules and policies, and the nice thing is that they apply them to everyone equally. Some companies show favouritism to the staff they like or the ones who help them out all the time.
Promotions have been sent to me by email so I see they do look for people within first which is great for anyone wanting to move up.
Each year I have had a performance review and talked about the good things and bad things over the year. I like
  more... how they listen to suggestions and explanations.
The hardest part of the job is trying to keep everyone happy at your site while performing the duties required. Because it is security, you have to work stat holidays if you are scheduled.
The most enjoyable part is that each day is never the same. I have helped at the events in the past and it can get a little boring but the sun was shining and I got a free lunch, water and plenty of breaks. It was good money for the work needed.
Pros
flexible work/ shifts, good management, decent pay
Cons
when staff are late and you can't leave until cover is found, working stat holidays
Worst company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON10 October 2018
Waste of time. Really bad working conditions. No security work just stand outside in the sun or cold controlling traffic. Worst sites. The managers and supervisor are really ride and do not care about employees. Cutting cheques short.
Worst Company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 May 2018
This company is run by people who do not have a clue what they are doing, are not organized, will knife you in the back with out a second thought, lie to your face, approve your vacation request only to change and revoke it 2 weeks prior to your vacation date, and go out of there way to annoy the senior guards to the point they quit after working at a site for 30 years.
Pros
Easy to get hired, hard to get fired
Cons
Unorganized, rude, bad management
Typical security agency, nothing special
Security Guard (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 June 2017
I had to quit because I've had enough of graveyard shift, and the management changed the hours without consulting the guards if the new hours would be acceptable.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pennine Security Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5