Pennine Security Solutions

Pennine Security Solutions Employee Reviews

Canada19 reviews
Low hourly rate, relatively good medical benefits and Life Insurance, busy place with a lot of new AirBandB faces every day. A lot of communication with visitors, guests and residents.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Shift is 8 hr.
Don't bother. Pay is horrible. Schedulers call you at 3am, or they double schedule you. Management fires everyone without asking questions. Uniforms never delivered on time. No OT pay.
Pennine is an absolutely wonderful company to work for. Having worked at in Downtown Toronto with them I found both the site and head office management better than expected.

The CEO and head office staff were always supportive of me despite a checkered past on my part and without them I would not have lasted more than 5 minutes at the company.

I was not a stellar employee and I made more than a few mistakes but if you are good at what you do, you will succeed here.

I am proud of what Pennine did to further my career and I am grateful for the support I had from the management.

Thank you for everything Pennine!
Pros
Supportive management
Cons
-Best company to work with, as they are very cooperative and supportive.
-All the team member are friendly and helpful.

-good time management.

-Supervisors are high professional and passionate toward their duties.

-safe and protected environment at all the work sites.
I was let go in an extremely unprofessional manner after working for many years at the same site with no warning. Management towards the end was shaky as my supervisors seemed as if they had no training. and little idea what to do.
Great Company to work for

• Friendly, often relaxed atmosphere.

• No one is ever too busy to help out each other.

• Employees are encouraged to undertake further training to benefit their careers.

• Flexible working hours with the option to work from home in certain situations.

• Senior management are open and honest with us (which has improved greatly over the time I've been here).

• On-site cafe with free lunches.

• Free parking.
After working for the company for years, I have enjoyed having the experience of occasional traveling to other cities to do coverages but also staying in the same city. As well as doing special events and interacting with people. If ur looking for occasional hours, or part time hours or fulltime hours than they will help you get the hours u want/need.
Pros
Competitive pay, choose ur frequency of work, 24hr emergency contacts
Cons
Occasional lost communication
Great company to work for with good pay rates and sites in & around the GTA. Lots of Opportunities for growth once you should up for work & do a good job.
Management is understanding and reasonable.
I am going to keep this nice & short. I've been working for Pennine for 3 years & Pennine Management is very friendly & caring, they gave me a site that I really enjoy working for. The pay is fair, benefits are great and my schedule is permanent and it does not change unless I ask for more hours from the schedular.
Pros
Great Management, Friendly Employees, Fair Pay & Benefits
Cons
Unreasonable Residents & Visitors at some sites
Pennine is great company to work for. I have been with them for almost 3 years. I've been in the security industry for about 12 years and this by far is one of the best companies.
Great working environment with supportive staff and management.
Still has the people aspect that other security companies are losing. The office staff is friendly and does not make you feel like another number on an assembly line and you are treated with respect.

Their recruitment process is thorough, and the management team works with you to place you at sites that are best suited to your skill set.

There is also room for growth and advancement with the company if you work hard and take pride and responsibility in you work.

Overall great growing company to work for!
Pros
Flexible working hours, Caring management team, good pay rates
Decent pay. Good buildings to work at. Health Benefits but only for full time staff. Can always get hold of scheduler or a manager if needed. Any issues with pay, schedule etc. have always been sorted right away. You have to pay for uniform but I had to with last company to.
Pros
Can work where I go to school and back home
Cons
Mandatory training is during the week when I don’t work
This company is new, initially, the management is good, but then forget about their employees, the pay was very low, did not get a raise, although the owner was always going on vacation! I would stay away from this company.
This company has the worst management team with zero professionalism. Nobody knows what they are doing. There's no proper communication even between the management itself. One member of the staff will commit something with you which the other one will completely disregard and then when you try to talk to them or explain, they won't pick up your call ( i tried calling from a different number and they picked up) They purposely ignore you to cover up for themselves.
Pros
Cons
Worst Management
this company is a very bad place to work
they have some mean members that they will try to force you to babysit them otherwise better run away

if you can't stand mean co-worker

the schedule is not fixed, they change your duties according to what they like

they will hold your money to pay for the uniform and then they don't care about anything else
Pros
non
Cons
no support from hr, they mis-behave
I have worked for Pennine for a few years now. Working in security has its challenges but this company sat down and asked my what my schedule was rather than just assigning work to me. This helped me balance a number of obligations and be able to work.
Pennine works mainly in condos so I understand the politics with it. A number of comments suggest that it is management who makes changes when most of the direction comes from the site itself. If you do a good job, the site will want to keep you. If you do a bad job, the site can ask for you to be removed. Doesn't mean you lost your job, and I have seen Pennine try to give people a second chance and place them at a new site that may be work better for them.

When I needed to change my hours due to personal reasons the office found me something and helped me with the move over. I even got a bit of a pay raise because the new site paid more. It's hard to comment on a work culture when it depends on the site you are placed at. Management always visit and check on staff and they do go out of their way to have your back if you're not in the wrong.

Like any other security company I have worked for they have rules and policies, and the nice thing is that they apply them to everyone equally. Some companies show favouritism to the staff they like or the ones who help them out all the time.

Promotions have been sent to me by email so I see they do look for people within first which is great for anyone wanting to move up.

Each year I have had a performance review and talked about the good things and bad things over the year. I like
 - more...
Pros
flexible work/ shifts, good management, decent pay
Cons
when staff are late and you can't leave until cover is found, working stat holidays
Waste of time. Really bad working conditions. No security work just stand outside in the sun or cold controlling traffic. Worst sites. The managers and supervisor are really ride and do not care about employees. Cutting cheques short.
This company is run by people who do not have a clue what they are doing, are not organized, will knife you in the back with out a second thought, lie to your face, approve your vacation request only to change and revoke it 2 weeks prior to your vacation date, and go out of there way to annoy the senior guards to the point they quit after working at a site for 30 years.
Pros
Easy to get hired, hard to get fired
Cons
Unorganized, rude, bad management
I had to quit because I've had enough of graveyard shift, and the management changed the hours without consulting the guards if the new hours would be acceptable.