PENN-CO CONSTRUCTION

PENN-CO CONSTRUCTION Employee Reviews

Productive Place to Work

was a good starting point in the construction industry. Learned how to do different things in the construction industry and started on projects and how to complete the process from begging to the end.

Just another construction company that cheapens out on wages

Got selected for an interview, went for an interview and it went well. Job involved a lot of travelling up north and time away on no set schedule. Was told they have limited resources at remote sites ( not even an air compressor). I sent them a FAIR wage expectation as this kind of work is on the fly and on par with wage of that job description. It was even below Canada wide median.They were obviously offended that much that they didn't even contact me to notify me that wage was too high or any kind of negotiation. Absolutely spineless management.These kind of companies are the ones to avoid. I'm glad it didn't work out because I got selected for a 9-5 job locally that pays nearly what I wanted!!

Pros

Cons

The company

Good company with good work

Always worked with good co-workers and good supervisors, the work was good and they were very accommodating. Lots of hours when desired and flexibility when needed.

Horrible management

Don’t work here I have never seen such a sketchy company the safety guy broke a carpenters leg a crane collapsed and that information was pushed under the rug the favouritism is unreal safety doesn’t exist but if you do get hurt and make a WCB claim they’ll lay you off and if you’re native you get treated like you don’t know anything the Forman was never around and came up with the stupidest ideas

Great pay, good people, good camp. Great food.

Overall it was a great company to work for, great experience. Fly in/out camp jobs. Good people, great food, amazing pay. Can’t complain about much! Wish I still worked there. Made some life long friends!

Don’t work here

Don’t work here I repeat don’t work here . Always fighting with carpenters over what the crane can do,the worst attempt at rigging but that’s what you get with carpenters ,no maintenance no cranes . Only good thing was pay day.

I only worked a month

It was a 10 hour night shift in a nice town so it was easy just the longer hours at night were taking a while to get used too but other then the boss was good

good

nice to work with, friendly people, good paying job for great work, i wish i could work with the penn co construction again, i love their pay its so good

Pros

free lunch

Cons

good hours

ok company to work

company was fine, money was reasonable. i would work for them again. job was interesting and i learned quiet a bit. management could have been better.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PENN-CO CONSTRUCTION. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement