Penhall Company Employee Reviews

Worst manager ever
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TX11 May 2018
This place is a joke! Managers are horrible, you get no respect from anyone. I could not get answers from the corporate attorney on contracts. Every Friday we got an email on who was fired or quit! They recently fired the Vice President. All I can say is run from this place!
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Managers
Great Line of Work
Lead Laborer (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CA7 May 2018
If You Lookling For A Trade You Can Check This Company Out Work Not Bad Its Aways Something New To Learn and Its Labor But Its Not For Everyone You Have To Want It
Pros
Learning A Trade
Cons
No Work No Pay
Fast paced work whether dependant
Tanker Driver (Current Employee) –  Anywhere in the country.26 April 2018
Dirty work but not hard work. Job requires constant moving and moving a lot of equipment, you not only are concerned with your truck but all equipment around you on the job in lane closures on the highway but in the yard as well
Pros
You can take time off at your discretion
Cons
Dirty work at slurry dump site, lots of moving. Job not suited for workers with children at home as you are never there.
not the best place to work
Tanker driver/ Heavy equipment operator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CA 9582820 March 2018
a day at work for penhall was stressful unorganized and management didnt care about you. while working at penhall i learned how to drive a manual 18 wheeler tanker truck and learned how the grinding and grooving process works. culture of the my work environment was unorganized.
Pros
good pay
Cons
no set sceduale, always out of town, unorganized jobs and managment
Taken advantage of.
Manager - Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT8 March 2018
Many years with the company with no raise in site. Many days worked long, hard hours. Management could not be trusted and made a difficult job more difficult. A plus is that safety eventually became a priority. Benefits were average to above average.
Pros
Safety.
Cons
Management, hours, unfair wages.
Fast moving
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CA1 March 2018
Working here is a fast moving environment. I worked from doing demolition, to cutting concrete and asphalt on the streets of Los Angeles.I was trained to do traffic control, forklift, and other machines .
Pros
Busy work place
Cons
No paid vacation days
Great Company to work for.
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA5 February 2018
I learned new software, a lot training big company culture.
Not very organized with a big turnover on management.
Great benefits.
Driving was a killer.
Pros
Room to grow
Cons
To long of a drive
Could have been so much better
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CA24 January 2018
When I first started it was a great company...when the family values left the company fell apart. The corporations took over and didn't care about the people...
Poor Management
Branch Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hurst, TX23 January 2018
Poor management from management up. Some of the people were good to work with. Upper management was rude. Their accounting system was a DOS matrix program.
Benefits
Cons
Poor Management
good place to work
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CA8 January 2018
liked working with Penhall. It was a small office. Field crews were awesome. no advancement. no raises. slow work due to the competitive market so they laid me off and hired someone for 1/2 my wage.
Enjoyed my work up until New Management were implemented
Credit Administrator - Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CA13 December 2017
I enjoyed my job before corporate moved to Texas. My immediate Supervisory was amazing and I took pride in my work. Although at times it was stressful and fast paced with a lot going on I liked the group of people I worked with. Unfortunately when New management took over it threw everything off balance and it became unprofessional.
Pros
Learned new skills and program's
Cons
Position moved to Texas and New Management were Hired
Not a fun place to work
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AL12 December 2017
Penhall is coming apart at the seams, the upper management has no experience in the industry and expects the lower management to train them while they get hammered about the financials.
better for single men wanting many hours and training and experience
Diamond Saw/Drill Operator & Mentor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN1 December 2017
They were good to me. I was asked to do more than my job scope based on lack of staffing. It was okay at first. Then became mandatory, for the same pay. I asked for more compensation and they asked me to perform for 90 more days to prove it. I said i've been doing it. i can do it, and i shouldn't have to prove myself when you know and trust me to finish these jobs, already...alone!
Pros
leader board bonuses
Cons
lack of staffing. lack of dispatch. that was in 2016
Professional and Safety Oriented Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN20 November 2017
Penhall is an amazing, challenging place to work at. Penhall challenges you to be the best you can be. Their mentor program focuses on providing you with the tools you need to succeed.
Great Job
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX10 October 2017
Working with Penhall Company for almost 10 years taught me alot. I work well with others and can work very well in a fast paced atmosphere. Thank you!
Worked with little supervision
General shop helper (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WA3 October 2017
Maintained equipment, yard organization, kept shop clean, ran for parts, delivered equipment to job sites. Stocked parts room. Painted equipment. Kept shop organized at all times. Reported to manager daily and equipment work order filing.
Pros
Parts runner and delivering equipment to job sites
Cons
no overtime or healthcare
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CA4 September 2017
I would flat saw concrete and core drill hole. On a few occasions I ran a small crew for other drillers. I enjoyed the different locations. The management could have been more help to there employees.
Good fun people to work with
Combo Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO9 August 2017
Great people to work with. Good benefits and great hours. Although you can work alot of hours , during the winter slows down and you'll get that time back.
Pros
Work with fun people
Cons
Some days can be long
Good Company to work for and good people to work with.
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Ellensburg, WA21 May 2017
Typical day at work long hours.
Learned something new every day.
Management works well with employees and takes care of their employees.
The hardest part of the job would have to be the temperature and long hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay and the people I worked for and worked with.
Unstable work hours.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR1 April 2017
Often times I would find that there would be equipment failures such as concrete cutting saws breaking down, rivet busters not working, cables exposing wires. I would also get to a job and not have the supplies readily available. I learned how to cope with set backs and pull together a job through grit to get it done. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great team.
Pros
Working hard for good money.
Cons
Never know when your going to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penhall Company. Our community is ready to answer.