PEMBROKE REGIONAL HOSPITAL

PEMBROKE REGIONAL HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Canada22 reviews

staffenvironmentpatientjobtimegreatdayhospital

Poor management, shift work

You get shifted around different departments and it takes forever to get full time employment. Great people and meaningful work but management isn’t the greatest.

Horrible Management Made Work Unnecessarily Stressful

Management was horrible. They do not care about their employees even though the employees are stretched to their limits and stressed 24/7. The turnover rate is nothing like I've seen before, they cannot hold onto people which shows how they treat people. This hospital has the lowest salary for this job out of all the hospitals that i have looked at. The pay is just not enough for the amount of work you are doing and amount of stress you have. However, most of the employees are amazing people who deserve to work somewhere a million times better.

Insights into PEMBROKE REGIONAL HOSPITAL

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

It was mission impossible, terrible experience, tried my best to change and influence the work culture and improve leadership.

I was warned before accepting the job that it was toxic work environment. They were right. Leadership and work culture was the worst I have experienced. Would not recommend working or seeking healthcare there.

Pros

It pays the bills

Cons

Toxic work environment

Understaffed

We are chronically understaffed. However, the staff are wonderful and the right team can make your long day just a bit brighter. A good place to start your nursing career.

Pros

Pick up lots of shifts

Cons

Understaffed

Policy centred care

Poor communication, judgemental attitudes and lack of recognition/respect for all team members, patients and families. Top heavy leaders “without time” to address serious safety concerns.

Pros

Union wages

Cons

Unsupportive leadership

difficult work environment

A difficult work environment with disconnect between bedside and leadership, leading to patient safety and staff safety challenges. Challenging workplace culture.

Teaching

Pembroke regional Hospital is a great learning hospital for new and old employees, as they try to making learning a pleasant experience The staff are very helpful when questions arise

Pros

learning can be fun

Cons

long hours with overtime

This was a short term position with no interview or no training.

I was very disappointed with how my employment was handled. I was expected to know a program that I never used before and made them fully aware of this. I had no desk or place to work from daily (jumped around from desk to desk with people that were away at the time). Had no phone, but yet had to call for quotes, assistance from wherever I was sitting that day. I'm sure this was probably an isolated incident and that different departments would have treated me differently.

Prh

Good place to work as a college student. Most often, you will have a higher chance at getting hire on there if you complete consolidation within their facility.

Productive and spoke to great people

A typical day for me involves learning to manage shifts without supervision as well as opening and closing the cafe. I learned the work culture and how to supervise the cafe, serve customers and stock amenities at the same time. I had a great time making friends at the cafe and it was great first job for me.

Pros

free lunches

Great Employer

Great place to be able to expand your job opportunities. Team player environment. Managers always willing to work with employees to allow changes with schedule to accommodate any upcoming conflicts. Great pay and pension opportunities.

Did not enjoy working with staff

This hospital was not great when I worked there, the two hospitals were merging at the time so staff in a foul mood. Hopefully work environment is better now.

Lacking room for advancement

Poor morale....often hear staff openly complaining about work environment and management. Policies on sick days before or after long weekend were very discouraging especially if attendance was exceptional for remainder of the year.

Cons

Very little room for advancement, tends to hire from outside rather than providing advancement opportunities for current staff

too top heavy

this hospital is very top heavy, they keep hiring managers and directors etc, but forget about the front line staff. the ER staff are wonderful and deserve huge recognition for what they do

Pros

they are changing VERY slowly

Cons

Overworked

Placment Student

As I have just recently started my student placement at Pembroke Regional Hospital, I do not feel educated enough about their organization. However, what I have experienced so far is easy going staff who are willing to teach and answer questions.

Work \Life Review

Excellent work place and environment. Very friendly and helpful Staff. Very accommodating with family life with regular wage increases after so many years of service.

organized and great staff

I am a student PNS3 and currently on the rehab floor. i am learning new skills to properly keep care of patents. the nurses have been great and show much patience when i am not sure of some things. the hardest part of this placement is watching patients in pain and not being able to take it away. the most enjoyable part of my job is putting a smile on my patient's face, knowing that i have contributed a little bit to their recovery.

Pros

learning skills to job properly

Cons

not understanding some medical terms as good as i want to yet

Every day a learning experience

Performed Geriatric Patient assessments of physical and cognitive-mental functioning or the frail elderly as they presented to the ED with a medical issue. Developed a plan of care utilizing available community resources, and referrals for further assessment in order to assist the elderly to remain as functioning as possible in their own homes. Geriatrics is fascinating and complex, much education is required to understand and intervene for this group of our society Management is supportive in supplying ongoing education to meet advancing senior's issues

Pros

ongoing learning to assist seniors

Cons

bureaucratic restraints=inadequate supports for seniors

Enjoyed Medical Surgical was a trying experience

Caring for my patients needs whether it was a bath, meds, dressings, feeding or taking them for tests. I learned that R.P.N.s did most of the work. Some co-workers spent more time at the desk talking about non job related things. While the good staff answered bells for all the patients even though it was primary nursing. The hardest part about the job was speaking up for the patient when your voice seemed to fall on deaf ears no matter how hard you tried to advocate for the patient. At times the patients paid the price. The most enjoyable part was my patient connections.

Pros

working with good staff

Cons

having work that was not yours being downloaded on youwhen you had enough of your own work.

Regional hospital that is growing to serve the needs of the community

The Penbroke Regional Hospital is a community-centred health care facility.

Great office work experience in professional environment.

At this position I performed data entry, file purging and organization of patient records. I learned about using organizational software such as Microsoft Access, and how to organize and purge patient files. My workers were helpful and professional. The hardest part of this job was going through thousands of patient files over the summer. The most enjoyable part of the job was the helpful and professional environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PEMBROKE REGIONAL HOSPITAL. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement