Pembina Employee Reviews

Culture of fear
plant operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Cache, AB8 June 2018
Worked with some good people and am friends with them to this day. The copany only hires if you have an *IN*. I tried hard to transfer out due to favoritism the manager had. The drama was terrible at the plant. I was on vacation and fire fighting when people were calling the whistleblower line on each other and had the finger pointed at me and others who had nothing to do with it. Management failed to do anything and posted the whistleblower complaints so everyone could see them and fight among themselves.

Management was the worst though. The 7/7 was nice and the money was OK but its not worth dealing with all the garbage.
Pros
schedule
Cons
managment and favoritism
Good people for most part
Operator (Former Employee) –  Alberta2 June 2018
Sneaky and underhanded management. If you have a opinion this is not the place for you. If you suck the teat of management good opportunity. Not fair and vindictive.
Pros
Good people in feild
Cons
Some very good people, but senior management looks at all employees like pawns!!
Operations (Former Employee) –  Calgary10 March 2018
Senior Management created a culture of fear to its employees who feel like numbers! They’ll even fire long term people based on unsubstantiated info to meet their addenda.
Pros
Good Co workers
Cons
Management with one agenda
Workplace Culture
Construction Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB8 April 2017
They have a very good safe work culture, good pay but long hrs. Hardest part of job was driving on log roads. Most enjoyable part was working with great people.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Long Hours
Pembina values production and is conscientious of potential long term impacts to the environment
Junior Aboriginal Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Grande Cache, AB4 November 2013
I would recommend Pembina to anyone seeking a career in this particular field of work. It was a positive learning experience and left me with valuable knowledge of how the environment can be affected by resource extraction activities and how that impact can be minimized to a temporary interruption.
I did not gain all the experience or knowledge I had hoped to, as my job was temporary. I would welcome an opportunity to do similar work in the future.