Pembina West Co-op

Pembina West Co-op Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews
Grocery
3 year at the co-op move to red deer grocery stocking and clerk a bit of cashier good to work co-op in red deer hiring me 3 years experience help customers
Fantastic management and a good team working together
Loved working there, the people all became like family to me, the management was great and the coworkers were all fantastic, I was super sad to leave.
A place they call family
Staff is underpaid for what they do.
Its a DYSFUNCTIONAL family atmosphere.

There are some good managers but the bad managers outweigh the good unfortunately.

Hours are cut, staff is treated poorly, customers are not happy, staff is not happy, it is a very stressful environment to work in.
Stressful work flow
Stress work environment includes staff and management,
pharmacist is on call 24/7

Staff are not helpful.

Assesstants are not well trained needs more evaluation
Cons
lots of staff meetings and pharmacists are on call 24 hours
Customer Service
A typical day of work would be to work freight to shelves.
Give exemplary customer service, always please the customer.

Help customers out with their groceries.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
9hrs at the workplace
Awsome place to work
This is a wonderful place to work, as it gives you the opportunity to get experience learning and understanding what customer service is all about. This company strives for excellence in customer service. During my time working there I have to say that after a long shift you I would feel a sensation of accomplishment. This only happens through hard work and pride in your work.
Pros
awsome staff and managment
Cons
Work life is a bit un balanced due to staff having to put in weekends and holiday hours
Supervisor of grocery
Very low pay when offered a position as supervisor and in interview the salary spoken was decent and manageable.
Supervisor position to manage 12-14 staff for little wage
Good at first
Even after woking here for 3 years, I was layed off. And then replaced with in days. The pay was terrible. The only way I got a raise after 3 years was becuse minimum wage was raised. Management was awful and choose favourites all the time it was very easy to tell.
Pros
Was fun work
Fun to work...
For long term kind of work benefits is good pension etc. Nice place to work very flexible schedule you can balance the work time and family... recommend to work on.
The company has a small town friendly mindset.
The company has a small town friendly mindset. They are not greedy and pay there employees a fare wage for the labour. They dont under staff and give you good hours.
Pros
Friendly Atmosphere
Cons
no career building
The good outweighs the bad
Fun place to work. Staff club creates many fun things to bond with peers, but difficult to go to all the time.

The new store is causing lots of stress, but the managers still strive to make the best working environment for their employees, despite upper management (and the board) decisions on standards.

Fantastic benefits, the best I've ever been offered. Pension plan, paired with the early retirement plan makes for an easy decision when looking for a long term career.

Lots of chances to move up, managers look to their own staff first to find a replacement or a new generation of leaders.

Federated Coop also provides so many courses that provide an opportunity to learn, which is helpful not only in the everyday job, but when a person is ready to move into a new position.

Unfortunately, most staff refuse to work sundays, causing undue stress on the staff who are willing to work sundays.
Pros
Great environment, opportunities for advancement, equal opportunity employer, staff discouts
Cons
Managers are resistant to change, short staffed on sundays
Very friendly environment.
Slogan is "you're at home here" couldn't be more correct. The atmosphere is the same as a big family. I look forward to working. Sometimes the work can be hard, but the staff make up for it. Easy paced, not strainfull or stressful.
Pros
Amazing benefits
Cons
Closes at 9 because of a small town.
Great to work but low pay
Is run by a board of directors who don't look out for their employees. The actual staff you work with are great. And is a very decent job but does involve hard labour.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Poor pay
Good place to work for, good management.
Very understanding

Good equipment

Safe environment

Lots of room for advancement

Lots of available hours to work
It is a good place to work
I loved working at co-op. I had a great experience working there and got along with everyone. It was a great time and I would defiantly work there again.
This is a fine place to work, with potential for advancements if desired
It is a fast paced environment, but the people that work there currently are friendly and approachable. I would recommend this employer.