PEMBINA TRAILS SCHOOL DIVISION

PEMBINA TRAILS SCHOOL DIVISION Employee Reviews for Educational Assistant

Working together as a Team!

Working for Pembina Trails was a wonderful opportunity to interact with many students and staff from all walks of life. Although challenging at times, It was a great experience being able to help and make a difference in the lives of many students, to see the smiles on their faces as their progress and goals were reached. I considered myself honored to have had this work experience and met have many wonderful people along the way.

Meaningful work

Worked alongside wonderful teaching staff, with the goal of helping students from all backgrounds with various learning challenges. I was able to participate in several personal development days, which was excellent support in an ever changing school environment.

Productive work place

very busy with students. A good team work under experienced teachers. Wonderful management. Helpful coworkers and multi cultural atmosphere. Nothing is hard to learn because I have that experience. Enjoyable part of the job is every day you see a positive energy in students and they share with you.

Excellent place to work.

Excellent place to work. Good salary or pay, good environment. People are friendly and helpful. I prefer being phoned the night before or sooner about an assignment rather than the morning of the assignment, but I guess that can't be helped.

Pros

excellent overall place to work

Great Job

This is now the third time I have to do this, feel free to show this review if you so desire, but I am confident that it will not provide any insight.

I really enjoyed working for Pembia Trails and I suspect that you will too!

To work in various schools you will need to be flexible. You will be working with staff and students, but this flexibility is mostly the result of the students. The workplace is enjoyable and you will usually have some downtime in the staffroom which is usually quiet. The hardest and enjoyable part of the job is the students. Although working with students can be difficult from time to time, but is always rewarding in the end.

Pros

You'll meet great people.

Cons

It is difficult to get a permanent position.

Great job for moms with kids in school

Days are short and great for when my kids were in school. I have learned so much about people, diversity and how to deal with so many situations. Workplace culture was great for me. Hardest part of the job is when you can not reach a child and you lose them to pier pressure. Most enjoyable would be all the great kids and adults I have meet in the job.

Beautiful schools!

I worked casual being exposed to a variety of schools working with very nice staff, very enjoyable assignments, very easy work plus fitting in adjusting to new experiences. The schools were extremely pleasant kids behaving well, good play activities outside, fun school environments & events.

Pros

Having new experiences

Cons

The special needs student often went to regular staff

Lovely school

Lovely school and community for staff and students. Welcoming environment for new Canadians and students with challenges.Very positive experience my students.

Excellent work conditions.

Rewarding experiences working with children. On the job continuing education for improvement with job requirements.

Jobs at PEMBINA TRAILS SCHOOL DIVISION