PEMBINA TRAILS SCHOOL DIVISION

PEMBINA TRAILS SCHOOL DIVISION Employee Reviews

Regular job

culture was inclusive, most enjoyable part of the job in dealing with the children. Workplace culture was school related. Teachers, admin staff and principals are there to make the children's lives easier.

Meaningful work

Worked alongside wonderful teaching staff, with the goal of helping students from all backgrounds with various learning challenges. I was able to participate in several personal development days, which was excellent support in an ever changing school environment.

Working together as a Team!

Working for Pembina Trails was a wonderful opportunity to interact with many students and staff from all walks of life. Although challenging at times, It was a great experience being able to help and make a difference in the lives of many students, to see the smiles on their faces as their progress and goals were reached. I considered myself honored to have had this work experience and met have many wonderful people along the way.

Relaxed Environment

A typical day of work will go unsupervised with a lot of job autonomy. Management is friendly with a culture that is designed for the development of the children in the division.

Productive work place

very busy with students. A good team work under experienced teachers. Wonderful management. Helpful coworkers and multi cultural atmosphere. Nothing is hard to learn because I have that experience. Enjoyable part of the job is every day you see a positive energy in students and they share with you.

The Children are my heart

This School Division does not care about the children they care about there image. The children are a number it saddens my heart. No wonder most of the children don't listen. The parents dont listen to the children neither do most of the teachers if they did these kids wouldnt misbehave so much. They dont know what no means and they dont know what respect is. To bad parents your in for dire trouble in the future. Spend quality time with them its not to late tell them you love them and teach them respect. That means respect and stick to your guns, in case you dont know what that means, be consistent Dont let anyone harm your child. Get back to old values. The School Division should stop letting parents push them arund policy is policy and dont let abusive teachers get away with it. There are a number. Have someone seperate from the school division interview teachers who are hired especially male teachers.

Pros

None except to be with the children to protect them

Cons

Lunch Monitors are treated disrespectfully by office staff and students as well as some teachers.

Excellent place to work.

Excellent place to work. Good salary or pay, good environment. People are friendly and helpful. I prefer being phoned the night before or sooner about an assignment rather than the morning of the assignment, but I guess that can't be helped.

Pros

excellent overall place to work

Cons

Friendly staff and relaxed work experience

My first actual job helped the transition from being a highschool student to working a real world job was made so much better by the friendly people i worked with.

productive

good work environment great people good money lunch benefits some times fun working with children involves going outside in cold conditions short hours

Great Job

This is now the third time I have to do this, feel free to show this review if you so desire, but I am confident that it will not provide any insight.

Jobs at PEMBINA TRAILS SCHOOL DIVISION

See more jobs

I really enjoyed working for Pembia Trails and I suspect that you will too!

To work in various schools you will need to be flexible. You will be working with staff and students, but this flexibility is mostly the result of the students. The workplace is enjoyable and you will usually have some downtime in the staffroom which is usually quiet. The hardest and enjoyable part of the job is the students. Although working with students can be difficult from time to time, but is always rewarding in the end.

Pros

You'll meet great people.

Cons

It is difficult to get a permanent position.

Very good people to work with

An excellent summer job for those who are looking for a fun simple summer job with good pay and great management. The people you work with are chipper and fun to work with. hardest part of the job is trying to get in touch with the managers sometimes so occasionally we have gotten a little lost but all in all great experience.

Pros

Healthy work environment

Cons

going from school to school sometimes on a whims notice

Good and friendly work place

Working for pembina trails school division has been an enjoyable time, help is available when needed and everyone working there is friendly. Overall good environment.

Pros

Flexible hours

What could be more fun than kids?

Making sure that children were playing fair and safely meant that I was helping my community as a whole. It gave me an opportunity to earn a bit of money while ensuring I ventured out of the house everyday.

Great job for moms with kids in school

Days are short and great for when my kids were in school. I have learned so much about people, diversity and how to deal with so many situations. Workplace culture was great for me. Hardest part of the job is when you can not reach a child and you lose them to pier pressure. Most enjoyable would be all the great kids and adults I have meet in the job.

Large number of workplaces to choose from within the division (34 schools) and very pleasant people overall. The hours are great and the staff are easy to work with.

Pros

Monday to Friday

Cons

Different school every day

Beautiful schools!

I worked casual being exposed to a variety of schools working with very nice staff, very enjoyable assignments, very easy work plus fitting in adjusting to new experiences. The schools were extremely pleasant kids behaving well, good play activities outside, fun school environments & events.

Pros

Having new experiences

Cons

The special needs student often went to regular staff

Great division to work for

Great division to work for, encourages teachers to participate in professional development and to support each other when problems arise. Teachers are very helpful to new hires.

Lovely school

Lovely school and community for staff and students. Welcoming environment for new Canadians and students with challenges.Very positive experience my students.

Pembina Trails School Division has been an excellent place to work.

Pembina Trails School Division has been an excellent place to work. All the staff and administration are very supportive. They provided all their employees with excellent oportunities for professional development.

Pros

excellent collective agreement

supervising children

the school division treats all people with respect and the pay is adequate with excellent benefits. I enjoy working with children.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PEMBINA TRAILS SCHOOL DIVISION. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4