Pembina Pipeline Corporation Employee Reviews

Not a great place
Deepcut Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Cache, AB7 February 2019
My job was at the Grande Cache plant. The manager will make it impossible to gain employment anywhere else in the area if you quit. He is a weak backstabbing liar, not to mention a big coward who is childish and plays favorites
Pros
Cons
everything
Not a great company to work for
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 January 2019
The employees who have always worked for Pembina think its a good place to work but those who have worked in other shops think otherwise. Unfortunately the work - life balance is horrible and senior management is seriously disconnected with their employees.
Pros
Only a job to move onto another
Cons
Endless
Great job for Summer students
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Corunna, ON8 January 2019
Typically we would weedwack or mow the fields for most of the day. This job made me develop a stronger work ethic.My coworkers and I got along very well which made the summer amazing.
Pros
Free donuts
Cons
Physically demanding
Work hard play hard!
Project Cost Analysist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 December 2018
Working for Pembina was a great experience and I would recommend the company to anyone looking for a challenging and engaging work environment. The company culture is very inviting and there is ample opportunities to learn about various other aspects of the business.
No Job Security-Cant Trust Anyone
operator (Current Employee) –  Grande Cache, AB17 December 2018
I thought this would be a great company to make a long term career with. Well I found out the grass is not always greener on the other side. Management plays favorites like you wouldn't believe. Unless you kiss the bosses feet your bonuses will not be as good as the bosses pets. This place seems to attract backstabbers. I thought I would make good friends here. People will act like your friends then throw you under the bus first chance they can to make themselves look better.
Pros
none really
Cons
Dirty Place, avoid if possible
Stuffy
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary19 November 2018
Working between departments can be frustrating. People get very cliquey. The manager sets the tone for the entire department and if you have a week manager things can get frustrating.
Pros
good coffee
Cons
stuffy atmosphere
Could not pay enough to go back
operator (Current Employee) –  Grande Cache, AB8 November 2018
If you want to be a robot this is the place for you. Your opinion doesn't matter. Sneaky management. HUGE favoritism happens all the time. Very inexperienced operators get hired all the time. Rampant backstabbing
Pros
Cons
lots
A great place to work. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
sub-contractor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 October 2018
A great place to work. Managers were friendly. Co-workers were committed to achieving goals, etc. Good office environment. Lots of team-building and interaction among groups in my area.
Different values within the 3 seperate companies
Production Accountant (Former Employee) –  Taylor, BC8 October 2018
Taylor Gas Liquids was a great company with solid corporate culture

Altagas Ltd - salary and benefits were as per benchmark values, Management was supportive and decisive. The position was diverse many areas were well balanced with expectation and family time

Pembina was centralization orientated
Walking on eggshells
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Cache, AB21 September 2018
Was not a very enjoyable time. Some real good people quit and management is the total downfall. Always afraid of making even the smallest error. Shifts backstabbing each other all the time. The manager had his golden boys which could get away with anything
Pros
money was OK
Cons
managment, favortisim
sharing and caring, team players
Instrument/electrical technician (Former Employee) –  redwater alberta30 July 2018
great boss, great crew, great place to work and learn
thanks for all the time and team effort
some places just suck the joy out of the job and life in general, this is not one of those jobs.
Blame and Sacrifice Employees to Protect Senior Management
Landman (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 July 2018
Something gone wrong with a project? Timelines past due? Senior decisions affecting the outcome negatively? That's ok...just blame a someone down the foodchain. Let them go, and give yourself a nice bonus.
Culture of fear
plant operator (Former Employee) –  Grande Cache, AB8 June 2018
Worked with some good people and am friends with them to this day. The copany only hires if you have an *IN*. I tried hard to transfer out due to favoritism the manager had. The drama was terrible at the plant. I was on vacation and fire fighting when people were calling the whistleblower line on each other and had the finger pointed at me and others who had nothing to do with it. Management failed to do anything and posted the whistleblower complaints so everyone could see them and fight among themselves.

Management was the worst though. The 7/7 was nice and the money was OK but its not worth dealing with all the garbage.
Pros
schedule
Cons
managment and favoritism
Organized
Project FCS and Senior Welding Inspector (Former Employee) –  Alberta4 June 2018
Contract project based employment. Project was completed ahead of time and under budget. Employment on future projects would be greatly considered in the future.
Good people for most part
Operator (Former Employee) –  Alberta2 June 2018
Sneaky and underhanded management. If you have a opinion this is not the place for you. If you suck the teat of management good opportunity. Not fair and vindictive.
Pros
Good people in feild
Great challenge
E&I Commissioning Lead (Contract Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Fox Creek, AB14 May 2018
Enjoyed the retro-fit for the new technology on an existing facility. Struggled with the construction contractor, but the management believed in our judgement to push forward.
Business focus, Very friendly and employee oriented
Consultant, Legal Entity Reporting & Compliance (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 May 2018
Very dynamic, rapidly growing and family oriented company with lot of support for volunteering. Regular training and manpower development as well as in house programs for self development and advancement. Very robust compensation package
Pros
Flexible working hours
Good place to work excellent people good safety culture
Construction Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 April 2018
Have enjoyed working with them on all of the projects I have been on. Strong safety culture, good support to the field, strong backing support for safety on all jobs.
Pros
Working in north and central Alberta Safety, Safety, Safety
Cons
Days can some times get long depending on the travel to and from work sites
Great place to learn.
CONTROL CENTER OPERATOR •STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Sherwood Park, AB28 March 2018
A lot of responsibility, good candidates will deal well with stress and be adapted to shift work.It helped me excel in my second year of study, I wish to work there again in the future.
A challenging and rewarding place to work
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 March 2018
Pembina is growth-oriented and has high expectations for project delivery and adherence to budgets.

In the past, work was done in "silos" within the organizational business units and this prevented information sharing and learnings. A recent reorganization should improve this and move the company into a more collaborative and effective work environment.

Culture is friendly and supportive.
Pros
Opportunity to learn new things and be part of different projects.
Cons
Management can sometimes underestimate resources and time required to conduct work, leaving workers overtaxed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pembina Pipeline Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Pembina Pipeline Corporation Reviews by Location