Pembina Pipeline Corporation

Pembina Pipeline Corporation Employee Reviews

Canada90 reviews
Fast paced, growing company
Very fast paced working environment with frequent changes to business processes due to the acquisition of new systems. Strong upper management. Work culture was on the cold side. Compensation is excellent and employees are treated very fairly.
Great learning experience for me.
Over my four months at Pembina, I learned a lot about what it takes to be a good operator thanks to all of the very knowledgable and helpful employees I had the pleasure of working alongside.
Canada Based innovative company
Fantastic place to work, great teams of people working together to build a future. Great opportunity to learn new things and be part of the outcome. Lots of social club activities and group activities.
Horrible Management
You are treated like a number and made to never feel secure in your job. If you bring up any sort of issue or concern you immediately get a target placed on your back.
One of the worst plants I have worked at
Worked at the resthaven facility. Very clicky bunch, Managment expects you to bow down to them. They ask for more than you can give. You do one little thing the boss does not like you will not get your bonus.

All the good guys leave, they keep the golden boys

This is a terrible plant and I have operated for over 30 years
Very good company to work for
Very good company to work for. Pembina knows how to do things right and they do not take shortcuts. The management are very supportive and the operations crews know how to ensure safe operation of facility and pipelines.
Fun place
Good people and well paid . They treated me very well when I was there and would recommend this work place for people who want to work there.

You make a good career at this place.
it was an amazing experience working there as a summer student. every one was super helpful and open arms.
i got to train on two consoles, learning how to ready the delivery schedule and how to initiate batch landings and calling customers on delivery product and time.
lunch was good and the break room was comfy
i worked as a summer student at one of there plants. it was fun and kept me busy. the employs there were great to work with and help me out and answered all my questions seriously and informatively
Productive and challenging environment
A good place to work with good people, nearby good shopping and food places, good corporate culture, and the professionals i worked with were driven and focused on doing a good job.
Work culture
The guys were cooperative and treated me well. That means a lot to me. They had gone through a training upgrade when I was there. Liked that. Safety had a ways to go.
Could not pay me enough to go back
-It is a "who you know" kind of place in terms of advancing etc
-They always ask for more than a guy can give

-Nothing is ever good enough

-Manager is a real piece of work, you take one step out of line and work will become miserable, no advancement and he will make it impossible to get a job operating in the area

-Manager is all about making himself look good

Find somewhere else, this is not worth the stress on potential new hires
Good people poor managment
I was let go after 15 years of service no reason, no job security. This used to be a great company to work for now you are nothing but a number. Very poor attitude by management with no concern for the individual. Last employee engagement survey was poor. Moral is very poor. There is an additude that if you get more work than you can complete you just need to work more hours, unless you get overtime then just work harder.
Pros
Good people to work with in the feild level.
Cons
Poor moral, No job secrity, No concern for personal problems.FIFO
Drink the koolaid atmosphere
Used to have strong family culture. Do not draw off of experienced workers . Drink the koolaid atmosphere . Too bad it used to be a top rate employer.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Poor management structure.
Be prepared to be given minimal direction
They left us alone, even when there were problems, there was no support from management. If you like to not be given support or materials, then this is the place for you.
good
lot of work to no lots of people day to day thing to do they want u to do a lot of things when u work for Pembina lot of truck driver lot samples and lab work
Fast Paced very busy workplace
Pembina is a fast paced workplace, High expectations and safety oriented. Expected to work hard and always learning and upgrading. Lots of documentation and taking proper care to avoid any incidents. Lots of OGC simulations of spills to keep up to date ic case of any incidents.
Grew too fast
Pembina was once a great company to work for however the company has grown tremendously over the years and suffers from ineffective leadership and an overworked workforce. In an effort to reduce costs employees are expected to absorb work load.
Productive and fun place to work
Loved working at Pembina, great work environment, busy logistical company. Learned alot about the pipeline and storing of products. Everyone was pleasant to work with.
Terrible place to work.
A lot of insecure people at all levels. They will throw you under the bus and not give a second thought. A lot of brown nosing goes on. Upper management have no idea how workers are treated or they don't care. If you like to work in a environment that has no timelines and no responsibility and work under people who have no idea what they are doing this is the place. Grew too fast, too quick and too many unqualified people as leaders.
Favoritism and weak managment
Not a place I would ever work for again. Weak management who played favourites. Always have to watch over your shoulder as to who is real and who is a bosses pet. Expect to be thrown under the bus. LAZY operators get away with doing nothing due to being the bosses friend and others have to make up for that lazy person. Was not the place I thought it would be. The grande cache location is where I was at and do not recommend it whatsoever
Pros
schedule
Cons
to many to list
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pembina Pipeline Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.