Pella Corporation Employee Reviews

management is inadequate and lots of turnover.
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA14 January 2018
They hired young people right out of college to be managers. they had no experience but were supposed to lead others. very hot in summer and cold in winter. Most areas were very loud. People tried to find others who weren't working hard enough just to get them in trouble. Lots of backstabbing.
Pros
good bonus
Cons
boring
Good place to work for the money.
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Shenandoah, IA2 January 2018
Clock in, attend a start up meeting and stretching exercises. Learned how to use a lot of new power tools and machines. Management always on top of things. Workplace culture was good. Working in the heat of the summer, as there is no air conditioning. To see the finished product and know I was part of the end product.
Stressful but rewarding
Scheduling Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA30 December 2017
My role has a varying experience where I get the opportunity to collaborate with several different people. The interaction might be to fix a spreadsheet, coach a team member, or work on improvements regarding current processes. The current days might look like a day where I am working on the new planning/scheduling software for the MES Plant.
Pros
Lead projects and variety
Cons
not a lot of advancement opportunities
not even a thank you
just another worker (Former Employee) –  Carroll, IA27 December 2017
After spending a lot of time there, I didnt even get a thank you from management. It seems like the culture is going downhill since some people took over. It became a back stabbing feast, and the good managers that were there, he made sure they quit. It is a good company to work for, but the management that is there, is not up to Pella's expectations, it seems like the position went straight to their heads, and forgot that they need to take care of the people who actually make things happen.
Pros
good company, benefits are ok
Cons
management, if you like to be treated as just a piece of meat this is the place for you
Pella
Paints and Stains Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pella, IA27 December 2017
It is a good place to work really cared about their team and are willing to work with anyone to make sure that they are able to stay there even if life changes causes need for job change
Friendly People Focused Culture
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Pella, IA26 December 2017
I was given many opportunities and encouraged to develop myself, not just achieve results. The managers are results driven but understand the importance of being a servant leader.
Pros
People focused
Cons
Little room for advancement
Great people to work with
Production Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Carroll, IA17 December 2017
Pella focuses heavily on a team environment. There is ample opportunity to advance if you are willing to put in the work. There is a great deal of overtime required and the summer months can be difficult due to the climate.
Pros
Team enviroment, advancement
Cons
overtime, climate in summer
stressful
Craftsman/Builder III (Former Employee) –  Shenandoah, IA27 November 2017
managers come and go pretty regurley.lot of turnover.people in charge dont know what's going on half the time.every evaluation you would always be a point or 2 short from getting a raise no mater how hard you worked.Managers expected you to do half of their job while they sat in their office and played games on computer. you had to come up with ideas for improvement or get written up.
Pros
wages
Cons
managers, and HR
It's a really good place to work if you like fast pace work
Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PA22 November 2017
I worked at Pella for almost 10 years and I never had any problems with any of the people that I worked with,my coworkers or management ,it was always a good secure place to work, unfortunately I had some legal problems and I had to leave for a while and so that's why I'm applying again because I really like to place it has some really good benefits especially profit sharing it's also really convenient for me because it's close to where I live and so that's also a benefit for me, I will only recommend it if you like Fast Pace work which I do.
Horrible place
Operator II (Current Employee) –  Murray, KY15 November 2017
Management is a joke, favoritism definitely plays a role. They say "seasonal overtime" when you get hired: that's a lie. We've worked 50 plus hours every week for over a year. Hard work isn't rewarded, it's taken advantage of. Not evaluated by work ethic, but how much you affect others emotions and all the EXTRA stuff you do. Safety is their least concern. Management can pick and choose which policies to follow. Teammates are great, but everything else sucks. They don't turn the air conditioner on until a few people have passed out from heat exhaustion. NOT AN EEO WORKPLACE!!!
Pros
Decent starting wage
Cons
Everything else
Poor Company to work for.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Murray, KY14 November 2017
Very disorganized company. Management doesn't care about how you're feeling, or if you're sick, they'll write you up no matter what, even if you have a medical reason for not being there. You have to wait months before you can get any medical leave. Unsafe working conditions. Poor work/life balance. Depending on how far away you live you could wake up anywhere from 1-3 hours before you're supposed to be there. Morning shift starts at 7 a.m. and you work til 5:30 p.m. every day, Saturdays 7-3:30, which results in very little time to do anything fun. While working at Pella, I only got 4-5 hours of sleep every night, and only 1 day off per week. Lot's of drama in the company culture. Fellow employees won't hesitate to "throw you under the bus".
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, poor work/ life balance, disorganized
Manufacturing
Department Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carroll, IA14 November 2017
Can talk to management about anything. They take suggestions from employees on how to improve things. Great benefits. Good pay. Can advance within company if you wanted to.
a fine company, filled with good people
data entry and retrieval (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA3 November 2017
* Long hours
* Required learning large amounts of information
* Worked with and for good people
* Rapid change in product lines
* Encouraged good working relationships with co-workers
Pella is a good place to work
MRO Manager, AMD Plant, Purchasing (Former Employee) –  Murray, KY 4207124 October 2017
Pella is a good place to work in some areas. Overall it is a good place, some of their cultures are very different and you can tell there were clicks of managment
N/a
Operator/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Murray, KY2 October 2017
Fast paced! Pay is good first evaluation you will get a raise however second you probably will not. Most people are nice. Day shift seems to be the most liked people there night shift not so much.
Pros
Some free meals
Cons
Too many hours
Very good company to work for.
Production Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA28 September 2017
Fast paced environment.
Very safety oriented
Good management.
Excellent benefits.
Profit sharing.
Family oriented.
Overall a great place to work
A typical day at work
Factory Worker (Current Employee) –  Pella, IA23 September 2017
It will depend on what the day is. I have came in and been expected to do two different jobs. Also the management team does not want to listen to the employees and all suggestions are known as being dumb.
Not a bad company just not family friendly
3rd shift assembly (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PA20 September 2017
You work hard long hours with mandatory overtime.6 months out of 12 you only have time to sleep and work no life. A lot of in house fighting and high turn over even with management
Great company to work with - great people
Team Lead - Oracle (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA19 September 2017
It was a great experience working in Pella Corporation. The Management and the people make it a special place to work in.

Will highly recommend Pella Corporation IT jobs to any future aspirants.
Pros
Management, Perks, People
Good job
Dip tank off-loader (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA18 September 2017
Pella Corp. is a great place to work. The people are great and everyone does their own part in working together for the greater good of the custors and the employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pella Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.