Pella Corporation Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work
Test rack operator (Former Employee) –  Macomb, IL30 April 2018
Pella Corp had a culture of excellence and excelling in it was there primary focus above all. They challenge our judgment with trusting our excution. It was a a great opportunity.
Fast Paced and friendly work enviorment
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PA24 April 2018
Pella corp is a great career advancement opportunity. Pella is a very fast paced goal reaching company there are always pay raise opportunities and career advances
Very good place to work. Average pay for area. Good people.
Window Craftsman - Tool Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Shenandoah, IA24 April 2018
Worked for this company for 21 years before leaving do to relocation. Enjoyed working there and especially the people. Stressful at times do to overtime and demands. Best place i was ever employed.
Pros
Good people to work for and to work with.
Cons
Excessive overtimes at times.
Cutting glass and running machines
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PA23 April 2018
I enjoyed the fast paced environment. I learned different jobs. I ran a lot of different machines . i worked on the line filling in for different people. I cut glass and stacked it. I did cycle counts and quarterly audits.
Pros
Fast pace made my day go by quickly.
Cons
Management was fast turnover.
Overall review
Saw Operator (Former Employee) –  Murray, KY22 April 2018
Pella Corporation was not a family friendly environment, but they let you know upfront that 3rd shift came first, then as opportunities opened up, that I could apply for a 1st shift position. At the time, I had to take the job, since I was coming off a divorce. Otherwise, I would not have taken the job. I had no choice.
Great place to work bad work/life home balance
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Murray, KY22 March 2018
I worked there for 9 months I didn’t mind my job. The pay is nice. I thought management at my location did a very good job. Despite that there were some cons, unfortunately the window making world isn’t predictable (not managements fault) you would be scheduled anywhere from 6-58 hours a week. You could get unemployment for the low weeks. I left because I didn’t feel like making windows my whole life.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Inconsistent hours
Unfair wage system
Amd (Current Employee) –  Murray, KY19 March 2018
Ok place to work for, but it severely lacks good management. The hours are often long and the work is hard, which would be tolerable if the pay was truly competitive with other companies. Great for new hires coming in making 14.20 an hour, but highly unfair to employees who have been there over 10 years barely making much more. Long term employees should get a considerable raise to make it fair but it will probably never happen.
Buckle up
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PA16 March 2018
Nepotism, poor management, poor supervisors. Supervisors are lazy and don’t work or help people. Managements plays favorites, third shift manager has no experience and it shows how she handles employees. HR has no clue and makes rules up as they go. There is mass amounts of infighting between supervisors, no one cooperates, if your not part of a clock management doesn’t listen to you.
Pros
Pay
Cons
No progression, managers play favorites
Wouldn’t waste your time.
Operator- Painter (Current Employee) –  Pella, IA3 March 2018
Management is nothing but a joke. If you enjoy being with family and friends, you’d better be on first shift. Second shift is more relaxed but it’s like second shift is a disease, no one likes you. Most of the managers hide in their office. A lot of the employees are backstabbers and have no idea what they’re doing. They turn you in for anything and everything. Pay stinks. Only nice thing is being paid weekly. There’s no shift difference for giving up your life to work at a place that nit picks all the time. HR is stuck up and doesn’t get anything done. You can’t ever get a day off or come in late for anything even family emergencies. They already know who they’re putting in new jobs so you can’t even bid to day shift. Unless you’re single, young and want weekly pay, I wouldn’t work here.
Pros
Christmas bonuses
Cons
Managers, people, pay, benefits
Very Stressfull, No Family time
Operator (Current Employee) –  Murray, KY28 February 2018
Management doesn't care. Team Leaders are a joke. It's very physical, I actually like the job. Its the treatment of their employees, they talk about family but that's only words.
Pros
Can't really think of any
Cons
Employee treatment and Pay
Metric driven and a culture of continuous improvement
Regional Sales Manager- Trade Segment (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA28 February 2018
Metric driven with a focus on continuous improvement. Managers are compensated fairly, other team members not as much, especially the sales representatives working for a corporate owned branch. Direction is set by executives from finance or operations backgrounds rather than sales. Constant changes in upper management but just rotating the same executives into new roles rather than attracting new talent from sales and marketing from outside the company. It does have to be a tough sell to attract top talent to Pella IA, as opposed to a company in a larger, more desirable location.
Over all, somewhat satisfied
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee) –  Carroll, IA21 February 2018
Very comphy with the peeps I work with and will not forget each and everyones awesome attitude towards the co. Got lots of friends and family that install our products that are very satisfied.
Pros
The peeps
Cons
Would like more benefits
Fast-pace constant work for little money
Operator (Former Employee) –  Murray, KY17 February 2018
Doesn't pay well, but is managed well and very keen on safety. Constant work with timed breaks and bells to tell you when to go and come back. Had to ask permission just to go take a dump or you'd get in trouble
Worst Place I've Ever Worked
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PA6 February 2018
I don't doubt that Pella Corp as a whole is great, but Gettysburg Operations is a joke. The management and leads are not qualified, pick favorites, and are beyond lazy. The bad employees get golden treatment and the good ones get treated like trash. The higher ups will lie straight to your face about many things, including how long you're working. Your line could leave, but you'll be forced to go to another line to stay longer, whether you want to or not. It is nothing but drama here too. I can not wait to get out.
Pros
Paid lunch, paid weekly
Cons
Management, organization, orders
Fast pace and tiring
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Murray, KY1 February 2018
If you like fast pace jobs, this one will wear you out. The pay is decent but the overtime is tiring. The benefits are great! Management is kind of a joke though.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Short breaks
solid experience, great product
Vinyl Sash Saw Operator (Former Employee) –  Murray, KY30 January 2018
If I could I would work there again, excellent product, great compensation, good safe and caring work environment. A company that's seems to constantly look for ways to improve there product and the lives and well being of their employees. Lots of interesting extra activities and incentives, like a company golf competition, trivia and costume days, holiday picnic like meals, lots of "icing" on the Pella cake. Proud to have been a part of this organization.
Pros
where to start
Cons
a lazy manager
Poor corporation, cut throat co workers, self absorbed un- educated management. Is not the company or product from past actual pella corporation!
Senior Operator/ LOYAL EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA24 January 2018
Horrid appreciation for loyal EMPLOYEES
Backstabbing Co workers
Good long time employees are not appreciated but expected to pick up lack of performance from temps and New Hires, told cause of their experience needed to make production. Safety not a priority, quality not a priority, pride not priority, PRODUCTION and LIES are the companies foundation.
Pros
End of year bonus, That employee earns themselves.
Cons
Tries to stay in business just cause of Name and past reputation, treats employees as a clock number not human beings. Does not respect Family life, Fmla not recognized on floor only on papers.
Great company
Package handler (Former Employee) –  Murray, KY24 January 2018
Pella was not my type of job I was looking for. I was doing this as a student and something that would take care of my bills. I don't have a lot to say about Pella
a very happy environment
Roll screens (Former Employee) –  Pella, Iowa15 January 2018
It was very friendly. They kept it very clean and safe to work in. It was stress free, we all worked well together as a team. I got to work around a lot of different cultures. The hardest part of the job was not being able to bid to days.
Pros
You got to work in shorts
Cons
not getting a lot of over time
management is inadequate and lots of turnover.
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA14 January 2018
They hired young people right out of college to be managers. they had no experience but were supposed to lead others. very hot in summer and cold in winter. Most areas were very loud. People tried to find others who weren't working hard enough just to get them in trouble. Lots of backstabbing.
Pros
good bonus
Cons
boring

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pella Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.