PEETERS MUSHROOM FARM

PEETERS MUSHROOM FARM Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews
Zero regard for employees having families to get home to. Minimum wage, 12 hour days 5 days a week, equipment constantly breaking down, PPE in awful condition. Could be a great place, but major changes need to happen with how it’s run to get there
Pros
A job
Cons
One that doesn’t care about families
The only thing that made this place enjoyable was the workers who were actually working along side you, management team was awful, and workplace environment.
My first day at work encourges me to work there for long. I have been working there for about 3 momths. Due to the completion of my study, I moved to British Columbia.
The job is easy to do but you will not make a career out of this. The hours are inconsistent and your paychecks are never what you expect.
If you like a boring job. Work here.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Boring
The people that work for the company aren't the problem, the management and supervision by the higher up people is not that great. The work supervisors do is a lot of work for the pay that is at hand. Truly I believe us as employees should be making more than people putting coffee in cups, and it should be more of a "Production Associate Pay" that is paid out. why is everyone getting paid the same for working the same amount of hours as me, when in the 12 hours we worked I did twice as much as another person?
Pickers do the same thing every day, but the people that help exchange everything and supervise us should be paid more and it should depend on your work ethic.

Learn to train your employees properly instead of just throwing them into something. Hours are great, management is fine, but something needs to be fixed the way things operate in the farm.
Pros
Easy, no skills needed other than common sense
Cons
Some people don't have common sense
I worked like a dog 13 hour days sometimes never called in sick , a lot of favouritism no one cares a bout you personally we were not allowed to talk
Pros
Met some great ppl
Cons
Yelled at, belittled, long hours
The pay is ok. I guess....not worth the work. the management suck. Not willing to work with you or even bend the schedule for appointments.... not the best place to work... I hated it. I barely got to see my kids and when something happens I was not allowed to and when I finally didn't listen and did what was best for my family I was fired. Even after notifing them
Pros
Fast pace. Will learn
Cons
Not worth the pay and Not worth the hours and Not worth the forced neglect to your family.
Washing and filling trays with cups, slicing mushrooms, preparing boxes and work on the packing table.It is very simple and repetitive, it will be an eye opening experience.
Pros
You will meet some interesting people to say the least
Cons
co-worker's/management
Interesting process on how a mushroom cell is built and the growing process. Very complex. I've worked my way up through the company and learned a lot about a mushroom farm.
Supervise and give direction to crew members. check growing rooms and collect data from computers as well as water growing rooms
Pros
laid back
Cons
not set hours