Peel Regional Police

Peel Regional Police Employee Reviews

An excellant company with opportunities for advancement

Working here was a wonderful experience! I only wish I had gone to this company sooner in my career, as the possibility for growth and education were great. It's like belonging to a really big family.

Pros

Benefits are super!

One got to see many different lifestyles of people. Criminals, Victims, Sergeants, Chief of Police

While working with Peel Regional Police, I was given the opportunity to work in several different bureaus within the force. I would spend approximately 5 years in each bureau. Traffic court, Criminal Court, Headquarters, 22 Division, 180 Derry Road,

Lucky to survive my term there

Management culture consists of bullying and mistruths.Advancement relys upon political connections and informing on your co- workers. Was lucky to have completed my career there without compromising my integrity.

environnement de travail sain et production

j'ai appris comment mieux travailler en groupe et j'ai pu donner à ma communauté

Good place to work.

Challenging place to work with many highs and lows. Good training and unique experiences. Not for the faint of heart. Great benefits and opportunities for different areas of work.

Fun workplace with great people

I learned how to communicate well as a unit with others. The staff are kind and make it a comfortable workplace. The hardest part was building chemistry with strangers.

High stress. Busy work load. Rotating shift work including holidays and weekends 365 days a year.

Work requires rotating shifts covering a 24 hour per day basis. Very high call volume dealing with emergency and nonemergency calls in evolving accuracy and high stress environment. Scheduled hours provide knowledge of shifts for years in advance however little flexibility available. Work environment is close quarters and quite dark involving multiple computer monitors which require excellent keyboarding skills. Limited movement due to headsets needed for the job. Also excellent communication skills needed for each and every interaction both telephone, radio and in person. Mapping skills as well as memory retention required.

Very toxic workplace poor leadership.

I would not recommend for people to work for this service. They treat their employees very poorly if they have a mind of their own. Upper management is very toxic and poor examples of leaders. The nepotism is beyond belief and fully out of control. They create paranoia and extreme anxiety in individuals. Management has a bullying type personality.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Everything but pay

day camp

Kids ranged in age from 5-12, different skill levels, lots of physical activity. Great outdoor excursions. Learned a lot. Some counsellors were people that I grew up with. I can use the skills i acquired in the future

Excellent benefits, great camaraderie, very involved in the community

Jobs at Peel Regional Police

See more jobs

Professional and secure

A fine job with a fine institution overall. Working with police officers can be a challenge so I recommend turning to your supervisor or if need be the union for assistance when they become verbally abusive. Regular staff is nice overall. Great opportunities.

The job at the Peel Police was an excellent experience.

The job at the Peel Police was very enjoyable. Each day was different. We helped with the Special Olympics in Mississauga. We also did boat excursions.

Great leraning experience

I learned a lot about the world of policing, whether that is all the document work they have to do, what they do in a crime scene, and how interactive they are within the community, wheter that is children or adults.

Pros

Working with the community and meeting new people

Cons

N/a

amazing service

great coworkers, relax atmosphere. commute was amazing pay was nice ….no issue in regards to people. Culture was fitting, the team was helpful and management were great.

Pros

loved the job and the people

Cons

moved to ottawa

counsellor

I worked as a a LIT counsellor for the past two summers. I loved working in a safe place with lots of mentors. I knew that I could approach leaders with questions and appreciate the opportunity

Work Place

Great learning environment with lots of opportunity for parallel movement. Very diverse organization. Great benefits and pension packages. Flexible working hours.

Admin support to Chief and Deputy Chief

Worked on Executive Floor, reporting to Deputy Chief and the Superintendent to the Chief. The work was confidential, but trust me, it was a joy to work here!

Pros

Interesting work - great co-workers

Outstanding place to work

Excellent Police Service to work for. Highly recommended for a long term happy career. Opportunities for training and advancement are endless. Excellent pay and benefits, support network, paid time off, and pension plan, OMERS. You will enjoy a long and happy career here, your career is what you make of it here.

Pros

All around great place to work

Cons

Stressful at times due to dealing with Public & potentially hostile & violent individuals

Excellent Civilian Supervisors

Thoroughly enjoyed the work I did for Peel Regional Police, both at headquarters and especially within the courthouse. I was able to develop skills and thrive doing a task that I was passionate about.

Productive and fun workplace

I enjoyed working here for the time that I did, although it had cam to an end i enjoyed making new friends, meeting new people and seeing what it is that police officers do on a daily basis

Over 30 years I developed life long friends and contacts while gaining an abundance of knowledge and experience . Enjoyed all my secondments and transfers.

Pros

Great training and commraderi

Cons

12 hour uniform shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peel Regional Police. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4