PEEL DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD Pay & Benefits reviews

Very good company yo work for.
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 June 2018
Peel is a good company to work for they provide growth and security. They give you on hands training and upgrading to better yourself in order to do your job. Working as a team you can give input toward your students growth and well being. The support from the staff and adimin is on going. So you as an individual can have pride and caring in what yoi do.
Pros
Unionized, benefits and paided sick days
Cons
Pay needs inprovement
Great place to work if you love kids
Behavioral Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 May 2018
Great place to work if you like kids and like the stability of a 8-4 job. Summers and holidays are vacation period which is great if you get paid, if not learn how to live on E.I salary and never be able to leave the country during these times.
Pros
good hours
Cons
lousy pay
Peel District School Board is the place to be
Teaching Assistant (Full TIme) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 April 2018
I am very proud to be an employee of Peel District School Board. The staff that I have worked with have been amazing and are truly there for the needs of the students.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
finding coverage for your sick days are hard
Overall good
Educational Resource Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 October 2017
It has its benefits and its problems. It nice to see results when working with students with special needs. When you have a good teacher it makes the year run smoothly.
Peel is an equal opportunity workplace.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Royal Orchard Middle School26 October 2017
Peel Board is a good place to work from Primary school, through to Middle schools and on to High Schools. The salary and benefits are very good for established teachers. There are many opportunities to move laterally within the board as well as opportunities to move into Administration.
Pros
Good working hours and holidays
Cons
There is no day that is ever the same, the job requires a constant juggle of things to keep moving towards success.
its a fun place.
Lunch Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 September 2017
In a school setting its nice to work for only one hour everyday. It is a full time job with part time hour. Its an opportunity to see children learn and grow.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
too little hour
great place to work
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 August 2017
good place to work i can see this being a forever job hands down

good place to work over all

bad things is you have to wait a long time to be full time
Wish I could have stayed
Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 March 2017
This job was easily the best job I ever had. People were amazing and I was able to thrive as an employee through continued training and opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Benefits were amazing
Cons
can't think of any, honestly
Awsome job just not for me
Mississauga - Custodian P/T (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 January 2017
Good job worked from 330 to 11 and it was a good ahift i was a floater and i woild jump from school to school and it was good

Only bad thing is alot of driving and even in bad weather in the winter but overall a good place to work awsome benifits and pension
special needs
Educational Resource Facilitator (Current Employee) –  mississauga6 November 2013
At the end of each day there is a sense of reward. The smiles that welcome you each and everyday is in itself worth the job.
Pros
good hours
Cons
low salary
fun and learn at the same time
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 May 2013
Working hours are great from 8am to 3:30pm everyday. love it. workload is light. Salary and benefits are compatible.
Overall it is a great place to work and gain my experience as a Social Worker
Educational Resource Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 September 2012
Working as a causality with the Peel District School Board is great place to gain my experience as a Social Worker. I love working with the special need students and working with other staff as well. I am able to work one on one with the students to know their dislikes and likes, also teach the students to communicate by using the ipad or using sign language. My job is to the assist the teacher with every needs to be done that day. Depends on the student I may need to help feed or help assist student on washroom breaks. Every students is different therefore it makes my experience different as well.

The hardest part about this job is that not everyone's personalities fits with one another. If you can not get along with your staff it wont be a pleasant work environment for you to work in.

The most enjoyable part about this job is working with the students everyday is a different day no days are the same which I like. Also planing different trips for the students and planing different events at the school for the students to enjoy.
Pros
i can choose the days when i want to work, i get to go to different schools and meet different students and staff, im able to work along side with the teacher to help better the students and the classroom
Cons
no benefits because i am causality, not enough full time positions available, not always gauranteed a hours every week