PEEL DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD Employee Reviews

Enlightening Experience
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 May 2018
I really do enjoy working with children and by being an assistant really shows me how my passion for teaching is growing enormously each and every day. I feel like the kids I work with are just like my own children (even though I don't have children). I would surely love to teach/tutor online so that your future can be filled with intelligent children that can change the world.
Pros
Seeing the student happy every time they're learning
Cons
Stressful days
Peel District School Board is the place to be
Teaching Assistant (Full TIme) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 April 2018
I am very proud to be an employee of Peel District School Board. The staff that I have worked with have been amazing and are truly there for the needs of the students.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
finding coverage for your sick days are hard
A secure place to work with good benefits.
Media Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 April 2018
The workplace culture at the central board office for the Peel District School Board varies from department to department.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a project through from start to finish.

I think the toughest part of my ob is sometimes convincing clients or the communications department on out of the box thinking or switching focus on ideas ideas that were not their initial.
Pros
secure position
Cons
restrictive work hours
Great Place to work
Lunch Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 April 2018
A great place to work if you enjoy working with small children.
The hours are great for parents with small school age children.
The most enjoyable part is working with small children and seeing them smile :)
Being a summer camp Counselor
Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 March 2018
Working with little kids teaches you a lot about how they view life and brings you a sense of joy working with them. They bring out your inner child in you, thus needless to say they have a lot of energy and sometimes it is hard to keep up with them as they are so active and just want to go and play. The love that they have for wanting to go outside and play together as a team as one is very encouraging as we have so much hate in our world, seeing our young ones playing with each other not letting the skin colour or different race they all have, stop each and every one of them to have fun and play with each other. Seeing inclusivity at the summer camp is what brings me joy every single day working with the next generation.
Pros
two snack breaks and a lunch
Cons
Kids that make my job meaningful
Educational Resource Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Brampton9 March 2018
Working at a school can have its challenges but also many rewards. I believe in helping children become successful adults and I am continually striving to be a better person for them. I love seeing children grow and learn. They are my inspiration of what resilience looks like. I know that I change lives on a daily basis and that is why I do what I do.
Pros
Kids smiles
Cons
Tough colleagues
great job
Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2018
the dream job. That is why many people who get the job never leave and are happy in their position. The environment and culture is supportive. People are kind and helpful.
Loved working with PEOPLE!!!!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 February 2018
It was so good to experience school life again in a middle school. LOVED being in touch with PEOPLE - students, teachers, admin, parents - and not "just" having a computer job. Students are so precious, and loved to be remembered by name (oops, I didn't always remember them!!!) and they had such great stories to share!!!!

It was a nice balance of paperwork (which I love) and PEOPLE.

I was going to say that this job required confidentiality, but actually every job requires this!
Pros
Wonder co-workers!!
Cons
Had to go home when the day was done!
A rewarding environment to work in for the last 30 years
Behaviour Resource Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 February 2018
A very rewarding environment to work in for the past 30 years however there is no room to advance and it is 10 month contract work while I would like to seek 12 month.
Pros
fulfilling
Cons
10 month as apposed to 12 month
good
Core grade 8 teacher and behaviour management (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 February 2018
Very rewarding. The students are the highlight. The top management are incompetent and require replacing. The workload is as heavy as one makes it....
Pros
the students
Cons
top management
Amazing work place, fun to work with kids
Lunchroom Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Raylawson PS, Hickory Wood PS30 January 2018
In the Peel District school board, I have learnt many things, such as how to deal with students, how to work with staff efficaciously. A usually day at work has me supervising students when they are playing and eating and doing class activities. I have also learned how a teacher, teaches and how to handle a classroom properly. What I find the most enjoyable is playing with the children and helping them with artwork.
Pros
Learning how teachers work and how they handle their class
Cons
Uncompliant Students
Good Place to work at
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 December 2017
Amazing service which makes you gain so much knowledge towards the educational field. Furthermore, an excellent place to gather more skills for future work fields.
Calm work place
Customer Service ( volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 December 2017
Its a calm environment and friendly.
I've been working here as a volunteer,the management is appreciative and understanding.
It feels good helping people.
Excellent work place!
DECE (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 November 2017
Great environment for working with children! Great team work, administration, atmosphere and healthy environment! Appreciate professional development opportunities, ability to connect with other employees to network!
Pros
Working with families and their children
Rewarding and fun job
Lunchroom Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 November 2017
working with kindergarten kids at lunch. I learned that I enjoy helping children to learn how to be safe and active. Assisting with there reading and learning, before lunch. The looks on their face when they accomplish something.
Overall good
Educational Resource Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 October 2017
It has its benefits and its problems. It nice to see results when working with students with special needs. When you have a good teacher it makes the year run smoothly.
Peel is an equal opportunity workplace.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Royal Orchard Middle School26 October 2017
Peel Board is a good place to work from Primary school, through to Middle schools and on to High Schools. The salary and benefits are very good for established teachers. There are many opportunities to move laterally within the board as well as opportunities to move into Administration.
Pros
Good working hours and holidays
Cons
There is no day that is ever the same, the job requires a constant juggle of things to keep moving towards success.
Inspiring
Designated Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 October 2017
The Peel District School Board is an amazing employer to work for. The job climate is amazing. The school boards allows me to maintain a healthy work/life balance. The staff who work for the school board are absolutely amazing.
Long and Short Term Occasional Teaching
Teacher for German and French Courses (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 October 2017
My role was to teach at various schools in the area. I developed teaching skills for special needs and language class rooms. My overall experience was very good.
good
Lunchroom Supervisor & Supply Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 October 2017
had to watch kids at lunch, inside and outside
make sure kids do not have phones at lunch etc
learned how to be more confident
hardest part of job were difficult kids