Peel District School Board

Peel District School Board Employee Reviews

Canada178 reviews
Excellent Place to work. Gained lots of experience. Loved working with office staff and teachers and bringing smiles and laughter to the children of the school
Cons
Not enough Hours
During my work experience, I have developed strong team building and leadership skills that I am ready to apply to my future profession. I have developed many skills during my placements such as working as a team member with other staff members, implementing planned and spontaneous activities with different age groups of children, focusing on health and safety measures and problem solving skills. I want to bring my experience and knowledge in the classroom which I have gained from my work experience as Designated Early Childhood Educator. As a very dedicated ECE teacher, I possess many skills and provide dependability, consistency and bring a warm heartedness to my teaching experience. Finding enjoyment in my teaching career, I am hard working, flexible, and demonstrate teamwork and partnership with others.
I find working for the board was stable in job security and they are fair in how they pay everyone and even though the salary to upgrade is not the best they have great benefits and the off-seasons are very very hard and you feel handcuffed when your on government assistance that can not pay your bills and you can't have a vacation because of it.
Great management, friendly staff and make you feel comfortable. Always look after their staff. Always look forward working to their offices/branches. Great environment and quiet place to work for.
I have worked with students for over 15 years. I enjoy the fast paced, energetic environment. I have great motivational and communication skills. I am a patient and caring teacher and I have worked with students from preschool to grade 5.
I Love working with Peel School Board, since I work with special needs kids. They r fun to work with, u get so emotionally attached with them that when they graduate and new kids come in ; u still miss the old one and always trying to understand new kids with ur previous experiences. Time goes very fast when u do learning and physical activities with our students.Amazing experience working with all ages and levels kids.
If you enjoy students of the Grades 6 to 8, you will enjoy working here.
Fast paced, communication skills required

Problem solving in a positive, constructive manner required
If you are permanent you have a job security,It is unionize, you have job variety,you have a choice apply in different Schools from KG to high school.You get almost three month off,But the bad thing in summer, winter and spring break you don’t get paid,You get laid off from board. You apply for the EI and that is not full amount of your salary.If you go outside of Ontario you loose EI.
Teaching is a challenging profession. I recommend you talk to experienced teachers before taking this on as a career. the peel Board is open to many applicants, but obtaining a permanent job may not happen within your first ten years. Be careful to familiarize yourself with relevant legislation before you begin teaching.
I worked there for a summer when I was in highschool. It was a good first job, I liked working there. I would recommend Peel Board to anyone. It's a good place.
• Prepared letters using MS word to communicate with school principals regarding CRC applicants.
• Received, sorted and distributed incoming mail up to 100 documents per day.

• Received telephone calls and directing them to appropriate staff member.

• Recording up to 20 voice mail messages per day and responding back after discussing inquiries with my supervisor in a timely manner.
Teaching in Peel is a fantastic job and very rewarding. The day is never dull but can often be stressful and chaotic depending on the day. There is a great deal of curriculum to cover which can be extremely difficult, but there are many outlets to receive help from such as the mentor program.
Pros
Fair Salary
Cons
Long hours outside of the traditional work day.
Can be very stressful at times but Principals are trained very well to support their staff and students
Excellent training opportunities

Strong job security.

Very satisfying.
Work collaboratively to support the Principal,Vice Principal and teachers in redirecting elementry school age children.Organized and ran games club at lunchtimes.This is a permanent time position 5 days a week.
All the staff were helpful and it was fun working with the kids. I spent time pulling weeds and taking care of the grounds with the support of the custodial staff. Everyone was very helpful.
You are often on the go and the only Social Worker at any given location/school setting. Can be a lonely job and stressful, important to have good boundaries and convey what you can do. This job can be overwhelming or manageable depending on how you approach it.
It is very good environment in Laugheed Middle School. I'm working as a lunchroom supervisor.also volunteer with art teacher. They all are very helpful and friendly. Overall. I like to work hereis very good
I think that the Peel Board is a fair and equitable employer who provides all of their employees many opportunities to grow and learn within the organization.
I enjoyed my experience working for the Peel Board. I particularly enjoyed having a pension plan and being able to work at different schools and collaborate with school staff
The work experience was fantastic. It was a fun and challenging place to work with good people who are willing to engage and learn and help each other as a team.
The Peel District School board is a wonderful place to work for. Great and supportive staff, interesting students, wonderful benefits
Difficult to get a permanent job. Pay for a Teaching Assistant is horrible.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peel District School Board. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4