PEEL DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD Employee Reviews

Excellent Place to work!
Student Teacher (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 September 2018
I was a student teacher at the PDSB. Although I was not a paid employee, I was welcomed warmly and thanked for my efforts in the classrooms I was placed in.
Good placement expereince
Child and Youth Worker Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 August 2018
I think colleges have to do a better job at placing you with a supervisor who is actually going to be monitoring you while you work in classrooms. I had a grade 5 teacher as my supervisor, but never worked with grade 5's.
Great place to work if you love working with children
Lunch Room supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 August 2018
Build relationships with children.
Assist and encourage them to eat their lunches.
Build positive around classroom and playground rules while keeping them safe.
Resolve conflicts among peers.
Solve questions concerns about assignments, life.
Be a role model.
Find alternative was to encourage good behavior.
Document any major mishaps, accidents, bullying and report to the office.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Excellent employer with opportunities for self growth
Assistant to the Director (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 August 2018
Excellent colleagues and management offer a variety of opportunities for self-improvement and growth.
Always supportive and professional.
Fun loving, professional environment and a diverse workplace. Always dealing with the public.
Pros
lieu time offered
Cons
great experience with all the achool staff
Teacher's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 August 2018
very nice atmosphere....learned alot from this job...very helping environment there....from this job i learned lots of patience in myself...whole staff is happy with me
Pros
salary is good
Cons
nothing
Working with kids is fun!
Regular Lunchroom Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 August 2018
Helping kindergarten children with lunch, supervise them while they play in the classroom.Monitor the room closely to avoid potential health risks, such as allergic reactions, choking and food spills. Watch the exits to make sure students don’t leave the room without permission. I love to learn new things – working with children was, and still is a HUGE learning experience.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
short hours
Great people to work with very diversified.
Educational Resource Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 July 2018
Peel District School Board is a great place to be employed. They take care of their employees. The office staff and school staff are very professional and caring people.
I worked with a diverse team that was very accommodating. I provided administrative assistance including general office duties such as filing, faxing
Office Assistant (Co-op) (Former Employee) –  5650 Hurontario Street, Miss. On L5R 1C617 July 2018
My Experience was very rewarding, inputting info into HRIS and PAM system. Hardest part, was the steps for each process, most enjoyable parr was providing admininistrative assistace to the Department and assisting the team varied demands.
Pros
celebration of monthly birthdays, an award cermony in the department at the end of my co-op programme.
Good management
Lunch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON5 July 2018
The school management was good. Staff was also good and cooperative. Students were very disciplined and very easily manageable. It was fun doing that job. I enjoyed on field duty compare to class.
worked as Co-Op
IT TA (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 June 2018
worked as unpaid TA co-op, great place to work and get experience, staff was great and so was other parts of management, wish they had better funding for some schools i visited
Pros
stable job

Want to know more about PEEL DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD?

Ask a question
Good
Teaching Assistant - Special Needs (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 June 2018
Great place to work ! The people I work with are great at what they do and inspire me every day. I actually look forward to going to work. The best part about my job is working with the children and watching them grow.
Very good company yo work for.
Educational Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 June 2018
Peel is a good company to work for they provide growth and security. They give you on hands training and upgrading to better yourself in order to do your job. Working as a team you can give input toward your students growth and well being. The support from the staff and adimin is on going. So you as an individual can have pride and caring in what yoi do.
Pros
Unionized, benefits and paided sick days
Cons
Pay needs inprovement
Great place to work if you love kids
Behavioral Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 May 2018
Great place to work if you like kids and like the stability of a 8-4 job. Summers and holidays are vacation period which is great if you get paid, if not learn how to live on E.I salary and never be able to leave the country during these times.
Pros
good hours
Cons
lousy pay
Enlightening Experience
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 May 2018
I really do enjoy working with children and by being an assistant really shows me how my passion for teaching is growing enormously each and every day. I feel like the kids I work with are just like my own children (even though I don't have children). I would surely love to teach/tutor online so that your future can be filled with intelligent children that can change the world.
Pros
Seeing the student happy every time they're learning
Cons
Stressful days
Lots of work
Volunteering in Peel District School Board (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 May 2018
Volunteered at the crafts workshop and got an appreciation award from the school for the volunteer work. Assisted kids with special needs and provided assistance with the preparation of the study material specially designed for them.
Pros
Creative work environment
Cons
Not so many jobs available
Peel District School Board is the place to be
Teaching Assistant (Full TIme) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 April 2018
I am very proud to be an employee of Peel District School Board. The staff that I have worked with have been amazing and are truly there for the needs of the students.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
finding coverage for your sick days are hard
A secure place to work with good benefits.
Media Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 April 2018
The workplace culture at the central board office for the Peel District School Board varies from department to department.

The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing a project through from start to finish.

I think the toughest part of my ob is sometimes convincing clients or the communications department on out of the box thinking or switching focus on ideas ideas that were not their initial.
Pros
secure position
Cons
restrictive work hours
Great Place to work
Lunch Room Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 April 2018
A great place to work if you enjoy working with small children.
The hours are great for parents with small school age children.
The most enjoyable part is working with small children and seeing them smile :)
Being a summer camp Counselor
Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 March 2018
Working with little kids teaches you a lot about how they view life and brings you a sense of joy working with them. They bring out your inner child in you, thus needless to say they have a lot of energy and sometimes it is hard to keep up with them as they are so active and just want to go and play. The love that they have for wanting to go outside and play together as a team as one is very encouraging as we have so much hate in our world, seeing our young ones playing with each other not letting the skin colour or different race they all have, stop each and every one of them to have fun and play with each other. Seeing inclusivity at the summer camp is what brings me joy every single day working with the next generation.
Pros
two snack breaks and a lunch
Cons
Kids that make my job meaningful
Educational Resource Facilitator (Current Employee) –  Brampton9 March 2018
Working at a school can have its challenges but also many rewards. I believe in helping children become successful adults and I am continually striving to be a better person for them. I love seeing children grow and learn. They are my inspiration of what resilience looks like. I know that I change lives on a daily basis and that is why I do what I do.
Pros
Kids smiles
Cons
Tough colleagues