Peel Children's Centre

Peel Children's Centre Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
PCC does incredible work for the community and maintaines a warm, approachable, flexible work culture. Was SUCH PLEASURE working there being a fresh graduate. Was an incredible learning experence and served as a launching pad for my career. However, so many employees choose to stay and have long and fulfilling careers as full time permanent staff. If you are passionate about children and youth's mental health and want to work in an encouraging and warm, collaborative environment I strongly recommend working for PCC!
It was a very different work environment that what it was meant to be. Given the mandate of Peel Children Center, and the perspectives that they work from, in Riverview the work did not follow these ideas, philosopies and such. It made it very difficult to support youth when staff were not working from the same ideology.
I have been with Peel Children's Center for 13 year supporting families in crisis. I work on a team of 6 in a 23 hour 7 day a week crisis line. I work collabratively with community partners to serve clients with mental health issues
I liked working here i had to leave to help my family financially, worth ever minute to be there though. Learning how to relate and curb abnormal behaviors clients showed was a great experience and it really felt like you made an impact in changing their lives for the better most days
Pros
great team, learning about other abnormal behaviours
Cons
learning lots here, as a relief worker. The on site supervisors I've worked with are all nice and helpful, however upper management is not the greatest with the attention and support they give to relief workers, I imagine it is much better for full time staff. There are lots of opportunities to grow as a relief worker if you are willing to take the initiative.
Pros
lots of learning opportunities
Cons
dealing with upper management
Peel Children's Centre is one of the largest children's mental health treatment agencies in Canada. They provide a continuum of high quality mental health services for children, youth and their families who live in the Brampton, Mississauga or Caledon areas.
I really enjoyed my time volunteering as a student with pcc. It was a great opportunity and I hope to work for them in the future.
Peel Children's Centre has a great management team that provides amazing support for their staff and clients. The programs offer clients a safe and therapeutic environment to learn and grow.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
not enough hours
•Excellent personal motivation with a proven ability to build and work collaboratively in a strong team concept environment, and independently
•Focused, dependable, multi-task oriented, flexible, positive and able to adapt effectively to challenges

•Supported children with behaviour issues using life skills program

•Well developed skills in prioritizing, organization, decision making, time management, and verbal/written communication skills

•Strong interpersonal skills resulting in exceptional rapport with people.

•Able to deal courteously, professionally, and tactfully with the general public in a variety of circumstances

•Ability to analyze situations accurately and effectively

•Writing treatment plans for clients

•Speaking with parents/guardians
Pros
Rewarding job
Cons
Shifts
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Peel Children's Centre?