Peel Children's Aid Society

Peel Children's Aid Society Work-life balance reviews

Clear
4.3Pay & benefits

This agency is a good place to work. Pay is above average for the line of work and services they provide. Benefits and vacation are very good. They are making significant positive impacts on the community with regards to diversity, equity, and inclusion. The only negative is that they look too much on specific education with regards to position. They don't look at skills, at least initially. I think they miss out on good candidates, at least for internal positions, with transferable skills just because they don't have the degree they are looking for.

Pros

Benefits, pay, colleagues

Cons

Protection jobs are hard on work-life balance

Rewarding

The work is rewarding and meaningful. After a while a worker can become desensitized. Its important to continue to reflect to know that this is happening so you can take steps to correct it (ex. self-care).

Not an easy work environment

An ever changing environment where it is difficult to survive at times. As a new staff you are overwhelmed by the stress of the environment. As a long-time staff you need to hope and pray you get a good supervisor. Lots of pressure to meet deadlines, and standards. Management appears supportive at times, but really they are not. Developed some great relationships with co-workers, who were supportive. The work is exciting, and never boring. The day goes fast because you are always busy. The work is never done.

Pros

good salary and benefits

Cons

erratic work hours which make work/life balance difficult

Peel cas

Visits with families to assess risk or harm and/or harm to children within the family home. Writing assessments and case notes based on visits Making referrals to community resources and support services for families on my case load Most enjoyable is that I feel that I am making a difference in the lives of the children and families I am working with (that I am able to make this difference in their families) Hardest is work life balance and unmanageable case load

Pros

I like my current supervisor and work well with her. I also like my team and work well with them

Cons

Unmanageable case loads and difficult to maintain work/life balance

Productive and stimulating work environment

The company promotes personal and professional growth. It also provides the support and challenging scenarios needed to gain expertise in all relevant areas in the field.

A rewarding job helping children and families build a safe environment for their children.

A rewarding work place with the opportunity for advancement. Great work environment and great understanding or an anti-oppression frame work.

Pros

flexibility of my schedule

Cons

long hour days

Great learning experience

An environment that is challenging but rewarding and provides a great opportunity for growth in skills in working with families.

Peel Children's Aid - Supervisor

I thoroughly love my work and supporting a blended staff of 7 and 2 students. Would be happy to discuss my role and responsibilities during an interview.

Pros

great mentorship and skill building opportunity

Cons

work life balance - unpredictable long hours due to crisis management

Jobs at Peel Children's Aid Society