Peel Children's Aid Society Employee Reviews

Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 March 2019
This agency is a good place to work. Pay is above average for the line of work and services they provide. Benefits and vacation are very good.

They are making significant positive impacts on the community with regards to diversity, equity, and inclusion.

The only negative is that they look too much on specific education with regards to position. They don't look at skills, at least initially. I think they miss out on good candidates, at least for internal positions, with transferable skills just because they don't have the degree they are looking for.
Pros
Benefits, pay, colleagues
Cons
Protection jobs are hard on work-life balance
Rewarding
Child Abuse Investigator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 February 2018
The work is rewarding and meaningful. After a while a worker can become desensitized. Its important to continue to reflect to know that this is happening so you can take steps to correct it (ex. self-care).
Lots of training Opportunities
Intake Worker - MSW Placement Student (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 January 2018
Good experience as a placement student. I would recommend this to other social work students as well. I learnt a lot during my time there and attended many of the training offered to workers
Not an easy work environment
Parent & Child Capacity Buidling Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON28 August 2017
An ever changing environment where it is difficult to survive at times. As a new staff you are overwhelmed by the stress of the environment. As a long-time staff you need to hope and pray you get a good supervisor. Lots of pressure to meet deadlines, and standards. Management appears supportive at times, but really they are not. Developed some great relationships with co-workers, who were supportive. The work is exciting, and never boring. The day goes fast because you are always busy. The work is never done.
Pros
good salary and benefits
Cons
erratic work hours which make work/life balance difficult
Work at PeelCas was great because management make adequate provision for employees work life balance and ensuring that employees manage their stress
Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 July 2017
Working at PeelCas was eventful because no day is exactly the same, but hopeful because there is lots of support from team member, supervisors and management.
They is considerable team work, every team member is willing to help the other when needs arise. There is a great deal of learning from various team members with different/unique expertise and experience.
Pros
There is always some one who has your back. work safety is closely monitored.
Cons
there is often safety concerns.
Productive and good working environment
Permanency Worker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 June 2017
Good work atmosphere despite the challenges of the job. Management is very understanding and very supportive of frontline workers. Salary and benefits are pretty good.
Peel cas
Parent and Child Capacity Building Worker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 January 2017
Visits with families to assess risk or harm and/or harm to children within the family home.
Writing assessments and case notes based on visits
Making referrals to community resources and support services for families on my case load
Most enjoyable is that I feel that I am making a difference in the lives of the children and families I am working with (that I am able to make this difference in their families)
Hardest is work life balance and unmanageable case load
Pros
I like my current supervisor and work well with her. I also like my team and work well with them
Cons
Unmanageable case loads and difficult to maintain work/life balance
Agency dedicated to ensure the safety of children
On-going worker - Advice & Assessment (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 October 2016
Child Protection Agency that is committed to the safety of children and families. Peel CAS is connected to community services to provide the best services to families.
Productive and stimulating work environment
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 July 2015
The company promotes personal and professional growth. It also provides the support and challenging scenarios needed to gain expertise in all relevant areas in the field.
Great Benefits and Benefit Entitlements
Training Coordinator/Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Mississauga3 June 2015
Worked with the best group of people in the Training Department and Administrative Staff.

Enjoyed my work on committees I served. Hardest part of the job is management accountability
Worked as volunteer
Donation Processor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 January 2015
Basically all I did was process and sort donations for a toy drive at Christmas. I was able to learn basic work skills of sorting and organizing, as well as interacting with other workers as a team to complete the project.
Cons
No pay
Community Fincance Facilitator
COMMUNITY FINANCE FACILITATOR (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Brampton4 January 2015
Although this positions as a finance facilitator was short it was great.
I was give the chance to manage and direct 10 peel youths on the basics of finances. Making money, saving money, spending it and making up for it (debt).
I was provided a trainers manual which i used to direct myself in addition to my post secondary knowledge in order t help facilitate healthy , meaningful , realistic conversations that the youths could learn from.
We also had a few real world moments as we called them where the youths would ask me about my personal life, life choices and status.
It was pleasure to be able to teach them the basic of money management and knowledge but also to be able to share a bit of my life with them for them to learn from.
Pros
Community involvement, independence, experience, pay
Cons
temporary
Very diverse, always room for growth and advancement within the organization
Child Protection Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 April 2014
Co-workers are very helpful.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping persons in the community access resources that suits their needs

A typical day at work involved meeting clients at their homes or in the community to follow up with the case. We also attend court to deal with proceedings, different for each family.
A rewarding job helping children and families build a safe environment for their children.
CHILD PROTECTION WORKER (Current Employee) –  Mississauga ON2 March 2014
A rewarding work place with the opportunity for advancement. Great work environment and great understanding or an anti-oppression frame work.
Pros
flexibility of my schedule
Cons
long hour days
Great learning experience
CAS Worker Domestic Violence Team (Current Employee) –  Peel Region5 August 2013
An environment that is challenging but rewarding and provides a great opportunity for growth in skills in working with families.
Peel Children's Aid - Supervisor
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON Canada20 February 2013
I thoroughly love my work and supporting a blended staff of 7 and 2 students. Would be happy to discuss my role and responsibilities during an interview.
Pros
great mentorship and skill building opportunity
Cons
work life balance - unpredictable long hours due to crisis management
Friendly people
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON13 October 2012
Learned about the ins and outs of CAS
Learn about the adoption process
Met lots of new people
Pros
make new friends
Cons
getting access to the office
Fun and happy environment to be in, awesome staff to work with
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 September 2012
Peel Children's Aid Society is an awesome place to be and extraordinary people to work with, my two things about PCAS.
Pros
awsesome staff to work with
Cons
nothing to report