Pedre Contractors

Pedre Contractors Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews
Good company, hard workers. Usually just treated as a number though not personal at all. Hard to progress as they don't trust many people. Also get used to sitting in traffic
labourers are taught a lot to go farther in this company so they can become skilled labourers and even get a chance to become a foremen and lead your own team or as a pipelayer which is what I was trying to get to.
Pros
advancement
Cons
little slow on moving up
Although the work is brutal labour and the weather is never nice when working(even if it looks nice). The people your working with make all the difference there is an excellent team-building environment, and comradery makes even the worst days worthwhile.
this company is poorly managed, from head to toe. Everyday was a struggle trying to grasp what i was doing. There is a lot of micro management which makes everyday tasks confusing and unclear. One day we would have clear instructions for the upcoming week then at the end of the day be placed somewhere else and have no notice as to what we would be doing. This is continuous day after day and it was not fulfilling. as far as benefits goes, they are a part of Clac, which, in my opinion are satisfactory in providing benefits, but are not a union at all!! they are all for the employer and not the workers under them.
not the place for me. very demanding with not a large chance for vacations, it was hard to get some time off when my second son was born. lots of money to be made
Lack of leadership, direction, planning and cohesiveness between management and work force. No breaks, fake health and safety program because once management isn’t on site no one follows the rules of the h and s program.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Hard to get time off unless scheduled long in advance
No breaks were during time of employment there, some closures did not make sense, unexpected long hours, unexpected change of sites, most enjoyable part of the job were how friendly the employees are
Pros
nice employees
Cons
no breaks
Pedre offers great opportunity to learn from unique and challenging civil utility project. Office and field communication can improve but operations department is on top of all field staff.
Cons
Never enough
I don't get dispatched for a work site until late at night and if there isn't any work you can't get a hold of anyone at company for questions related to when there might be any work.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pedre Contractors?
No breaks or lunch and long, hard days in all sorts of weather but you were rarely short of work and the money is good if you're willing to put in the hours.
Pros
Decent wages
Cons
Long hours, no breaks and high chance of getting hurt or injured