Pedalheads

Pedalheads Employee Reviews

Fun and relaxed work environment
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Unionville, ON9 January 2020
Working at Pedal heads was a great working experience, I never felt that I 'had' to go into work. It was always very stress free and often found myself having a good time.
Fun Place to work!
Bicycle Camp Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 January 2020
The role of a bike instructor is to teach kids from ages 4-10 years old how to ride a bike. Also, we encourage kids and teach them how to properly bike on the road and road safety. The coworkers are amazing and the management team also ensures that you are benefited and also safe within the location of the camp.
Fun Summer Job Working Outside
Summer Camp Instructor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2020
Great co-workers and management but some long days. Great job if you're looking for something casual but I wouldn't recommend if you're looking for a serious salary.
Fun work place
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 November 2019
Fun to work with friends in an environment that was relaxed. Working with the kids was very rewarding and working outside was a nice change from what I am used to.
It was fun to work there and interact with interesting individuals.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 October 2019
I would answer emails about camp schedules and occasionally answer phone calls. If I was ever stuck or needed assistance, the management would help right away and teach us. Great learning experience.
Fun but disorganized
Summer Camp Instructor (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC28 September 2019
Decent place to work; all employees are young and get along well but that also means the on-site supervision may be inexperienced. Skill placements were not always accurate and as a new instructor, it could be difficult to create a lesson plan for a group that had a vast spectrum of skill levels.
Good job for starters
Camp Instructor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 August 2019
The job was hard. You have to push kids of all sizes on their bikes until they learn how to ride. I only worked here for one summer and they still send me emails to come back. The pay is not enough for the work that you do. The days are long. It sucked having to work in the rain. I had one group of boys (5 in total) that were a pain in the butt to work with. They were spitting on each other and constantly fighting. I remember coming home and crying from how bad it was. It made me change my mind of becoming an Elementary School Teacher. This is a good job if you need experience with children to get a better job in the future but I don’t think any employee comes back to work a second summer. The pay is not enough even as a camp supervisor.
Pros
Good workout
Cons
Terrible children, low pay, rain or shine camp (working in the rain)
Terrible Hours
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON8 May 2019
I would ask to get better hours and my manager would say there are not any available time slots for it and then gives it to someone else. She was super unorganized too
Fun and enjoyable!
Bike Camp Instructor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 March 2019
I have heard mixed reviews about Pedalheads and I believe it really varies from site to site. I was thrown into it with little direction and had to come up with ideas on my own and learn from other instructors who had been there years before. Once you get a hang of things, this job is a blast!
Nice place to work in the summer
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2018
Great place to work to gain experience and get a fair amount of money for working at a camp. The workplace culture was fun and there were lots of socials to be able to meet coworkers.
Pros
Pay
Cons
work can sometimes be hard with younger kids
Low pay for the effort you put in
Pedalheads Instructor (Former Employee) –  Alberta29 December 2017
Pedalheads was a mixed experience. I loved working with the kids and working outside in the summer but the pay is $12.95 an hour which is significantly under a fair salary for employees. Hours drop in August and positions to get the hours are competitive so it can feel stressful.
Pros
Working with kids, working outside, fun co-workers
Cons
pay, back-breaking if you aren't careful.
Really fun atmosphere to learn how to work with kids!
bike instructor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 March 2017
I really enjoyed it. The mornings were often the best because when afternoon rolled around, it was really hot in the summer. Hardest part of the job was bending over for hours trying to teach kids how to balance.
Really fun coworkers
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 September 2016
The schedule was really iffy, usually you found out from week to week with sometimes no work for the week, or sometimes full days. The management was always stressed and passed it onto the coworkers, but the best part was the coworkers. They rocked and helped us get through the day. Go for the coworkers and the kids.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Managers
Job was an excellent environment to apply myself and advance my skills
Lead Biking Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 June 2016
At pedal heads bike camp i was constantly placed in a position which required the application of critical thinking and problem solving skills.
Pros
Day time work
Cons
Working in the sun, rain or shine
Very fun environment helping children, rain or shine teaching so it does get hot but it's fun nonetheless
Summer Bicycle Camp Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 September 2015
The people, CEO (which I met), program and organization is phenomenal. Though it starts at 11/hr, if you were to get your Coach's license and do it a few summers in a row, they pay gets much better. Though it gets very hot, there is always somewhere to fill your water bottle, classrooms at the sites to teach the kids other important safety tips, understanding management. I highly recommend for a stable,summer job.
Pros
Amazing environment, great for a resume, amazing people
Cons
Wage
Great way to spend the summer
Biking Camp Instructor (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC3 January 2014
Fantastic co-workers and environment.
Great for people who love children!
Pros
days under the sun
Cons
days under the rain