Pedalheads Bike Camps

Canada24 reviews

Clear
3.4Pay & benefits

Best starter job

For a person just starting off their job experiences, Pedalheads offers an inviting culture of people with a fun and engaging attitude to have fun and enjoy their experience at a job.

Pretty good for a first job.

Long hours working in the heat. The best part was working with the kids however the management was not very good. Would recommend it for a high school job.

Pros

All the kids! Staff.

Cons

Bad management.

Fun place to work (if you like a fast pace and working with children)

If you can handle the demands of children and the stress that may or may not come along with it (changes day by day) then this job would be a great job for you and would leave you feeling fulfilled.

Very fun

Super fun, and managers were awesome. Fellow co-workers were very helpful and positive. Great experience working with kids, and help you develop leadership skills.

Pros

Positive environment

Amazing place to work

Working with kids laughing and having fun all day and being outside with your bicycle. Can be tough some days or with a camper than doesn't want to participate but do your best this can be your best summer.

Pros

Great people, Bright sunny days, being out in nature, memorable

Cons

can drain a lot of your energy, but the smiles and hugs you get from the kids make it worth it.

Fun workplace but gave bad hours

Every day I would arrive about half an hour early to set up drills and prepare for the sign in of my students. After they had signed in we would play games and run through drills to better my students' skills. Halfway through the class we had lunch and then back to more drills and games. Depending on the level you may take the kids on a road ride in the afternoon. To end the class kids parents would come to sign them out. Then as an instructor, depending on the week and how many kids signed up there was an afternoon class. The weeks where there wasn't an afternoon class it sucked because of the low hours. Overall a great experience and a fun workplace.

Pros

Lots of fun

Cons

Bad hours

average minimum wage job

about what you would expect, great working environment, supervisors are very friendly and helpful and other instructors are willing to adapt. However limited breaks when working a full week

Pros

time outside biking

Cons

limited to no off time during work week

Fun workplace with awesome co-workers and manager.

Through this job, I better improved my interpersonal communication skills with my co-workers as well as the parents of my students. I really enjoyed meeting new people as well as seeing the skills and potential in my students grow throughout their week at the camp.

Pros

amazing co-workers and students

Cons

long hours in the sun

Super fun work environment, and relaxed setting

Absolutely loved working there, such a great experience. Fantastic environment, warm and cozy. Such a pleasure working there and meeting new individuals every week. Co-workers are fun and kind! The feeling you get when you teach your first kid to ride all by them self is the best feeling in the world! If you don't mind a little back pain from bending over all day to hold up the little bikes, definitely would recommend this job.

Pros

Excellent environment, fun, working with kids, and teaching.

Cons

Back pain

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pedalheads Bike Camps?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pedalheads Bike Camps. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4