Pedalheads Bike Camps

Pedalheads Bike Camps Employee Reviews

If you love kids, you will love this job

I personally love this job and I have returned for three consecutive years. The people are always great and this job is fun and challenging at the same time. Some weeks will be more tough than others, as your kids change every week as well as the level sometimes, so there is always something to learn.

Pros

Supportive environment

Cons

Lower pay

it was ok

pros: coworkers were around the same age as me making it more fun to bond over misery. some kids are really funny and it was an okay way to stay active instead of staying home during the summer.cons: training does not prepare you for the reality of the job at all. the funny thing is, at training they teach you everything BUT how to teach the kids. i was a last minute hire so i was only shadow trained. the first day is going to be very stressful and you might even cry if you get really bad kids. if you teach anything over level 2 it’s not that bad, but you’re left with the pressure of teaching kids how to bike by the end of the week. parents will expect a lot from u considering they pay about $500 a week for the camp, yet instructors are getting paid minimum wage (which i believe is absolutely cheap and capitalist of them considering the amount of work we do) kids are annoying so expect to be mentally and physically drained the the end of the week (especially your back)hours are not guaranteed at all. the same people were getting 40/weekmanagement to very last minute and disorganized, sent out schedules at like 10pm on a sunday. this year there was a heat wave but i was constantly pushed by my manager to get the kids on their bikes instead of taking a break. honestly i could go on about the cons, believe all the negative reviews you see. would only come back as a manager or supervisor.

Pros

coworkers made it fun SOMETIMES

Cons

physically and mentally draining. wanted to kms on the job

Summer Camps For Experience

The bike camps are fun and you usually have good co-workers. Theme days are fun. However you are excepted to do a lot (teach, watch kids, make lesson plans, before/ after care, set up games, report cards, DEAL WITH THE PROBLEM CHILD, etc.) And you only get paid minimum wage. Don't work here If your looking to make money. You'll be losing money, as you have to pay for: first aid, a bike, bike gear & a background check + (gas if you drive). If your looking for a summer job for experience in managing kids or seeing if you want to teach, this is good experience. Also if you're older than 20 you'll feel really awkward, as all the 16 to 18 year old's ask why you're there and call you old .

Pros

theme day, experience, treat days, good kids

Cons

the hard kids, lots of work, low pay, losing money, old age embarrassment

Awesome workplace for students— the ideal summer job!

I absolutely love working here, it’s a fun and supportive environment and the supervisors are great. You definitely have to enjoy working with kids though! A great way to get outdoors and gain money and experience as a student.

Pros

Outside, great staff, good hours, fun activities, theme days

Cons

Often very hard!

Fun place to volunteer.

It was a great experience for me. I feel like I gained valuable skills like leadership and teamwork that I will be able to use in my future place of work.

Best starter job

For a person just starting off their job experiences, Pedalheads offers an inviting culture of people with a fun and engaging attitude to have fun and enjoy their experience at a job.

Great summer job

This was my first job and it was an awesome experience. The staff was so friendly, we had fun the entire summer. The kids are mostly driven and ready to bike (or learn to).

Pros

Learn how to teach kids

Cons

It was outdoor during the summer and was very hot.

Fun place to work (if you like a fast pace and working with children)

If you can handle the demands of children and the stress that may or may not come along with it (changes day by day) then this job would be a great job for you and would leave you feeling fulfilled.

Very fun

Super fun, and managers were awesome. Fellow co-workers were very helpful and positive. Great experience working with kids, and help you develop leadership skills.

Pros

Positive environment

Cons

Great culture and a lot of fun

If you enjoy working with kids Pedalheads is an awesome spot to be. The staff are super nice to be around and the work is fun and easy-going. The management are very understanding about issues regarding being out in the sun too long and it is super easy to take time off in August if you want to do something else with your summer.

Great Environment for Students and Staff

This workplace is extremely enjoyable for those who enjoy to work with children, bike, and teach. The satisfaction of successfully teaching skills is very rewarding and I would highly recommend it.

Amazing place to work

Working with kids laughing and having fun all day and being outside with your bicycle. Can be tough some days or with a camper than doesn't want to participate but do your best this can be your best summer.

Pros

Great people, Bright sunny days, being out in nature, memorable

Cons

can drain a lot of your energy, but the smiles and hugs you get from the kids make it worth it.

Fun workplace with good staff members

Pedal Heads was a great place to work with mazing staff members! I grew a lot as a person at this job, learning how to work under pressure and excelling in what I did!

Fun workplace but gave bad hours

Every day I would arrive about half an hour early to set up drills and prepare for the sign in of my students. After they had signed in we would play games and run through drills to better my students' skills. Halfway through the class we had lunch and then back to more drills and games. Depending on the level you may take the kids on a road ride in the afternoon. To end the class kids parents would come to sign them out. Then as an instructor, depending on the week and how many kids signed up there was an afternoon class. The weeks where there wasn't an afternoon class it sucked because of the low hours. Overall a great experience and a fun workplace.

Pros

Lots of fun

Cons

Bad hours

average minimum wage job

about what you would expect, great working environment, supervisors are very friendly and helpful and other instructors are willing to adapt. However limited breaks when working a full week

Pros

time outside biking

Cons

limited to no off time during work week

Fun and energetic work environment

Working at Pedalheads Bike Camps was a great experience. I tis a great way to stay active and to make lasting connections within the community. Highly recommended for a first summer job.

Pros

Friendly work environment

Cons

Hours can be sporadic depending on the location

Minimum wage for high work expectations

every instructor is to teach and care for every kid’s safety, communicate with parents, advertise/push registration, write up report cards, and such, yet an instructor is only paid minimum wage. Not really encouraging when the instructors are trained in first aid and teaching. As well, the site hires more-than-needed number of instructors that not all of instructors get working hours. So if you’re looking so save up, this is not the place.

Pros

Work experience with kids and parents

Cons

Not full time, minimum wage for high expectations

Productive and great outdoor job with lots of interactions

I really enjoyed working with Pedalheads, they treat employees really well. Working in an environment where it's easy to make new friends and have a good time while at the same time helping kids learning ride safely.

Pros

Free Tim Hortons coffee and doughnuts when the weather isn't nice

Cons

You can't choose who you'll be teaching

Fun workplace with awesome co-workers and manager.

Through this job, I better improved my interpersonal communication skills with my co-workers as well as the parents of my students. I really enjoyed meeting new people as well as seeing the skills and potential in my students grow throughout their week at the camp.

Pros

amazing co-workers and students

Cons

long hours in the sun

Easy fun job

I enjoy working outside and this provided me with that and it also gave me an active role which is something I really enjoy with respect to working. People were great and easy to work with,, made tons of friends. Fantastic manager and I got to work with kids which is always fun. Learned a lot about how to be a role model and a leader, and overall had a great experience.

Pros

Outside, Great atmosphere

Cons

low pay

Great place to work, few exceptions though

Great place to work! The hardest part of the job is dealing with the weather conditions. Limited support from staff, but will help you when you ask for help.

Pros

Working with kids

Cons

Have to deal with some extreme weather conditions (e.g. extreme heat)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pedalheads Bike Camps. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4