Pedalheads Bike Camps

Pedalheads Bike Camps Employee Reviews

Fun place to work (if you like a fast pace and working with children)
If you can handle the demands of children and the stress that may or may not come along with it (changes day by day) then this job would be a great job for you and would leave you feeling fulfilled.
Very fun
Super fun, and managers were awesome. Fellow co-workers were very helpful and positive. Great experience working with kids, and help you develop leadership skills.
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Great culture and a lot of fun
If you enjoy working with kids Pedalheads is an awesome spot to be. The staff are super nice to be around and the work is fun and easy-going. The management are very understanding about issues regarding being out in the sun too long and it is super easy to take time off in August if you want to do something else with your summer.
Great Environment for Students and Staff
This workplace is extremely enjoyable for those who enjoy to work with children, bike, and teach. The satisfaction of successfully teaching skills is very rewarding and I would highly recommend it.
Amazing place to work
Working with kids laughing and having fun all day and being outside with your bicycle. Can be tough some days or with a camper than doesn't want to participate but do your best this can be your best summer.
Pros
Great people, Bright sunny days, being out in nature, memorable
Cons
can drain a lot of your energy, but the smiles and hugs you get from the kids make it worth it.
Fun workplace with good staff members
Pedal Heads was a great place to work with mazing staff members! I grew a lot as a person at this job, learning how to work under pressure and excelling in what I did!
Fun workplace but gave bad hours
Every day I would arrive about half an hour early to set up drills and prepare for the sign in of my students. After they had signed in we would play games and run through drills to better my students' skills. Halfway through the class we had lunch and then back to more drills and games. Depending on the level you may take the kids on a road ride in the afternoon. To end the class kids parents would come to sign them out. Then as an instructor, depending on the week and how many kids signed up there was an afternoon class. The weeks where there wasn't an afternoon class it sucked because of the low hours. Overall a great experience and a fun workplace.
Pros
Lots of fun
Cons
Bad hours
average minimum wage job
about what you would expect, great working environment, supervisors are very friendly and helpful and other instructors are willing to adapt. However limited breaks when working a full week
Pros
time outside biking
Cons
limited to no off time during work week
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Pedalheads Bike Camps?
Fun and energetic work environment
Working at Pedalheads Bike Camps was a great experience. I tis a great way to stay active and to make lasting connections within the community. Highly recommended for a first summer job.
Pros
Friendly work environment
Cons
Hours can be sporadic depending on the location
Minimum wage for high work expectations
every instructor is to teach and care for every kid’s safety, communicate with parents, advertise/push registration, write up report cards, and such, yet an instructor is only paid minimum wage. Not really encouraging when the instructors are trained in first aid and teaching. As well, the site hires more-than-needed number of instructors that not all of instructors get working hours. So if you’re looking so save up, this is not the place.
Pros
Work experience with kids and parents
Cons
Not full time, minimum wage for high expectations
Productive and great outdoor job with lots of interactions
I really enjoyed working with Pedalheads, they treat employees really well. Working in an environment where it's easy to make new friends and have a good time while at the same time helping kids learning ride safely.
Pros
Free Tim Hortons coffee and doughnuts when the weather isn't nice
Cons
You can't choose who you'll be teaching
Fun workplace with awesome co-workers and manager.
Through this job, I better improved my interpersonal communication skills with my co-workers as well as the parents of my students. I really enjoyed meeting new people as well as seeing the skills and potential in my students grow throughout their week at the camp.
Pros
amazing co-workers and students
Cons
long hours in the sun
Easy fun job
I enjoy working outside and this provided me with that and it also gave me an active role which is something I really enjoy with respect to working. People were great and easy to work with,, made tons of friends. Fantastic manager and I got to work with kids which is always fun. Learned a lot about how to be a role model and a leader, and overall had a great experience.
Pros
Outside, Great atmosphere
Cons
low pay
Great place to work, few exceptions though
Great place to work! The hardest part of the job is dealing with the weather conditions. Limited support from staff, but will help you when you ask for help.
Pros
Working with kids
Cons
Have to deal with some extreme weather conditions (e.g. extreme heat)
We love it here is apparently the camp motto...LOL
Great summer job for students returning to school in the fall that want to enjoy a summer in the outdoor.

Moreover, they almost always give you a raise if you get re-hired the following year. and the supervisors and managers are usually staff that started as instructors.
Cons
Very physically and mentally demanding, Biking, rain or shine
Super fun work environment, and relaxed setting
Absolutely loved working there, such a great experience. Fantastic environment, warm and cozy. Such a pleasure working there and meeting new individuals every week. Co-workers are fun and kind! The feeling you get when you teach your first kid to ride all by them self is the best feeling in the world! If you don't mind a little back pain from bending over all day to hold up the little bikes, definitely would recommend this job.
Pros
Excellent environment, fun, working with kids, and teaching.
Cons
Back pain