Pedalheads Bike Camp Employee Reviews

Outdoors teaching small classes how to ride bike/bike safety
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 January 2019
This job is great for those wanting to gain leadership experience and those who love working outdoors.
They provide training at the beginning before you start working. A typical day at work is teaching children about road safety and to ride bikes. I really enjoyed working with children and it gives you a huge satisfaction by the end of the week when they get to show parents what they learned over the week. The hardest part is that you have to be ready to be outdoors rain or shine. Staying hydrated and putting on sunscreen is a must.
The workplace culture is good, depending on whether you get along with your coworkers.
Management is good and easy to communicate if ever concerns or questions arise.

Overall, great experience and will keep you busy during the summer!
Pros
Working with children, gain leadership experience
Cons
Working outdoors rain or shine (even during extreme heat warnings)
It was an alright work place
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Unionville, ON19 August 2018
Honestly working there wasn't the best. They dont have a fair scheduling or respect for people that work there at all. they wouldn't tell you if you are doing something wrong and need to fix it they would just not schedule you. Its like they want you to fail as an employee. Overall the only thing I could say about them that was good was the kids, and just having fun with them. I was able to teach kids how to ride bikes. So when I have kids I can teach them how to ride bikes by myself.
Pros
money
Cons
no proper scheduling
Good summer job
BIKE INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 June 2018
I liked the environment and the job itself. The kids are great to work with as well as the other staff. The only downside was that the pay was not great nor were the hours.
Pedalheads Bike Camp Instructor
Camp Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 March 2018
Best job ever! It was so much fun outside teaching kids how to ride a bike. The smile on their face when they finally got to ride their bike without their training wheels was just so exciting. I made many new friends with the other instructors. Pedalheads is truly an amazing company and it was an amazing job. I was very happy to be part of their team and would recommend this job to all of my friends and family members.
fun place to work and learned lots
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC2 January 2018
I was able to learn a lot about managing people, working with children and people. It was an active job with lots of opportunity to learn new things and grow!
Pros
organized and fun
Cons
sometimes not as many hours as I would have liked
Amazing Program
Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 May 2016
Very good program, amazing people working there. Very nice people and the children were a pleasure to work with. Very inspirational work.
Outdoors with plenty of daily physical activity
Junior Instructor (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC21 June 2015
Great for someone who loves spending their summer outside biking and getting paid to do it! Plus, I heard the pay is well!
Pros
Only in the summer
Cons
Long hours in the summer heat
Pedalheads bike Camp
bike instructor (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, Calgary Alberta28 March 2014
I have worked their two years, a typical day starts at 9:30 you run your morning class, you have lunch, then work your second shift till 3 30.

I learned how to work with kids and bike skills. I absolutely loved my coworkers. The management however, is terrible. They hire young inexperienced kids who sit on their phones all day. They love to pick favourites and will let you know.They are unreliable and do no handle themselves in a professional manor.

Because of the little pay just above minimum wage, and the lack of hours five a day. Also they terrible job management is doing i recommend to not work here
Pros
The kids
Cons
Management is terrible