Pedalheads

Canada56 reviews

Clear
3.1Pay & benefits

campkidinstructorsummerteachfunweekexperience

Requires high energy, fun outdoor job

Be prepared to create lesson plans each week. You are given game ideas but it’s ultimately up to each instructor how you want to conduct your lessons. It can be a really fun job and you’ll become close with coworkers. You’ll be tired at the end of each day but if you love kids and want to be in the sun it’s a good job.

Fun job but Bad management.

They hire a bunch of inexperienced teenagers and then don't train them. Management was not useful. They complain but don't offer help. The job itself was okay. If you like your co-workers, it can be okay.

Pros

something to do in the summer

Cons

long hours, no materials, low pay

Insights into Pedalheads

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks

Fun working with kids

Good summer job if you enjoy working with kids. The people you get to work with are amazing. Being out in the sun all day on very hot days with minimal shade is the only thing I didn’t like.

Pros

Working with kids, people

Cons

Outside in the hot sun all day

Not a bad summer job for students

I think your overall experience depends on the location and management, I was really lucky having a such an amazing team and manager. The downside of this job is that you’ll literally be working rain or shine( they basically never cancel camp and you’re expected to continue biking rain or shine), it was awful working outside in the rain or when there was an extreme heat warning( I even developed heat stroke one week). It was also slightly annoying that they provide you with 100% cotton shirts that you are required to wear everyday which are super unbreathable especially in extreme heat. It can also be challenging dealing with children as sometimes you would get children with extreme behavioural issues (which can be mentally and physically exhausting). Also be aware this is a super physically demanding job, as you will be expected to teach children biking skills and even at times depending on what skill level you have be expected to hold children while they learn to ride without training wheels which can be back breaking. Hours were also 100% dependant on the manager and it seemed like the same few people would get full time hours every week. As the summer goes on and there are less registrations be prepared to work as little as 3 hours a day or none at all.

Pros

Being outside, fun team, active camp, rewarding job

Cons

Long hours in the sun, little hours(variable), low pay, uncomfortable shirts, difficult children

Pretty good for a first job.

Long hours working in the heat. The best part was working with the kids however the management was not very good. Would recommend it for a high school job.

Pros

All the kids! Staff.

Cons

Bad management.

lots of work, little reward

corporate is a disorganized mess with very poor scheduling and communication processes. I received multiple training dates from my manager and the office which left me confused. Training itself does not even begin to prepare you for the reality of the job. Parents have high expectations and you are basically left to fend for yourself.

Pros

kids, coworkers

Cons

unpredictable schedules, long hours in the sun, intense pressure

Best starter job

For a person just starting off their job experiences, Pedalheads offers an inviting culture of people with a fun and engaging attitude to have fun and enjoy their experience at a job.

No Hours and Bad Location

Location was not adequate for the activities we were asked to do with the kids and their bikes Did not fulfill their 40hrs/week as promised and no one was working by mid-summer

Fun place to work (if you like a fast pace and working with children)

If you can handle the demands of children and the stress that may or may not come along with it (changes day by day) then this job would be a great job for you and would leave you feeling fulfilled.

Very fun

Super fun, and managers were awesome. Fellow co-workers were very helpful and positive. Great experience working with kids, and help you develop leadership skills.

Pros

Positive environment

Fun work place

Fun to work with friends in an environment that was relaxed. Working with the kids was very rewarding and working outside was a nice change from what I am used to.

Amazing place to work

Working with kids laughing and having fun all day and being outside with your bicycle. Can be tough some days or with a camper than doesn't want to participate but do your best this can be your best summer.

Pros

Great people, Bright sunny days, being out in nature, memorable

Cons

can drain a lot of your energy, but the smiles and hugs you get from the kids make it worth it.

Fun workplace but gave bad hours

Every day I would arrive about half an hour early to set up drills and prepare for the sign in of my students. After they had signed in we would play games and run through drills to better my students' skills. Halfway through the class we had lunch and then back to more drills and games. Depending on the level you may take the kids on a road ride in the afternoon. To end the class kids parents would come to sign them out. Then as an instructor, depending on the week and how many kids signed up there was an afternoon class. The weeks where there wasn't an afternoon class it sucked because of the low hours. Overall a great experience and a fun workplace.

Pros

Lots of fun

Cons

Bad hours

average minimum wage job

about what you would expect, great working environment, supervisors are very friendly and helpful and other instructors are willing to adapt. However limited breaks when working a full week

Pros

time outside biking

Cons

limited to no off time during work week

Fun workplace with awesome co-workers and manager.

Through this job, I better improved my interpersonal communication skills with my co-workers as well as the parents of my students. I really enjoyed meeting new people as well as seeing the skills and potential in my students grow throughout their week at the camp.

Pros

amazing co-workers and students

Cons

long hours in the sun

Really fun atmosphere to learn how to work with kids!

I really enjoyed it. The mornings were often the best because when afternoon rolled around, it was really hot in the summer. Hardest part of the job was bending over for hours trying to teach kids how to balance.

Super fun work environment, and relaxed setting

Absolutely loved working there, such a great experience. Fantastic environment, warm and cozy. Such a pleasure working there and meeting new individuals every week. Co-workers are fun and kind! The feeling you get when you teach your first kid to ride all by them self is the best feeling in the world! If you don't mind a little back pain from bending over all day to hold up the little bikes, definitely would recommend this job.

Pros

Excellent environment, fun, working with kids, and teaching.

Cons

Back pain

Great way to spend the summer

Fantastic co-workers and environment. Great for people who love children!

Pros

days under the sun

Cons

days under the rain

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pedalheads. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement