Pedalheads

Canada56 reviews

Clear
3.1Pay & benefits

campkidinstructorsummerteachfunweekexperience

Good as a first-job experience

You gain experience, it's pretty fun, pay is low and only increases by 0.5$ with year so I'd say it's best as a first-job experience

Pros

collaboration, fun, coworkers

Cons

pay, accommodation

Stressful environment

Company hires inexperienced teenagers and gives them minimal training. Spring break camps are awful, spending hours in downpour with only a lunch break. Felt anxious and unprepared for my job and the days were much too long.

Insights into Pedalheads

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks

Fun job but Bad management.

They hire a bunch of inexperienced teenagers and then don't train them. Management was not useful. They complain but don't offer help. The job itself was okay. If you like your co-workers, it can be okay.

Pros

something to do in the summer

Cons

long hours, no materials, low pay

Summer Camps For Experience

The bike camps are fun and you usually have good co-workers. Theme days are fun. However you are excepted to do a lot (teach, watch kids, make lesson plans, before/ after care, set up games, report cards, DEAL WITH THE PROBLEM CHILD, etc.) And you only get paid minimum wage. Don't work here If your looking to make money. You'll be losing money, as you have to pay for: first aid, a bike, bike gear & a background check + (gas if you drive). If your looking for a summer job for experience in managing kids or seeing if you want to teach, this is good experience. Also if you're older than 20 you'll feel really awkward, as all the 16 to 18 year old's ask why you're there and call you old .

Pros

theme day, experience, treat days, good kids

Cons

the hard kids, lots of work, low pay, losing money, old age embarrassment

Poor organisation and management

The schedules are often messy and only the same people get hours while others are left aside for most of the summer. 40 hour weeks were only guaranteed to the same people every time, and the rest often got low hours. Did not give the promised COVID bonus, no referral bonus, got paid minimum wage, which is around 1$ lower than advertised, none of the promised benefits were given. Working with kids is fun but also extremely exhausting mentally and physically, so getting paid minimum wage for it is very disappointing. I do no recommend working here for anyone that's expecting a consistent hours and pay.

Pros

Older kids are fun to work with

Cons

Unfair hours, poor scheduling

Fun and relaxed work environment

Working at Pedal heads was a great working experience, I never felt that I 'had' to go into work. It was always very stress free and often found myself having a good time.

Fun Summer Job Working Outside

Great co-workers and management but some long days. Great job if you're looking for something casual but I wouldn't recommend if you're looking for a serious salary.

Terrible Hours

I would ask to get better hours and my manager would say there are not any available time slots for it and then gives it to someone else. She was super unorganized too

Low pay for the effort you put in

Pedalheads was a mixed experience. I loved working with the kids and working outside in the summer but the pay is $12.95 an hour which is significantly under a fair salary for employees. Hours drop in August and positions to get the hours are competitive so it can feel stressful.

Pros

Working with kids, working outside, fun co-workers

Cons

pay, back-breaking if you aren't careful.

We love it here is apparently the camp motto...LOL

Great summer job for students returning to school in the fall that want to enjoy a summer in the outdoor. Moreover, they almost always give you a raise if you get re-hired the following year. and the supervisors and managers are usually staff that started as instructors.

Cons

Very physically and mentally demanding, Biking, rain or shine

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pedalheads. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement