Pedalheads

Pedalheads Management reviews

Canada56 reviews

Clear

Not a bad summer job for students

I think your overall experience depends on the location and management, I was really lucky having a such an amazing team and manager. The downside of this job is that you’ll literally be working rain or shine( they basically never cancel camp and you’re expected to continue biking rain or shine), it was awful working outside in the rain or when there was an extreme heat warning( I even developed heat stroke one week). It was also slightly annoying that they provide you with 100% cotton shirts that you are required to wear everyday which are super unbreathable especially in extreme heat. It can also be challenging dealing with children as sometimes you would get children with extreme behavioural issues (which can be mentally and physically exhausting). Also be aware this is a super physically demanding job, as you will be expected to teach children biking skills and even at times depending on what skill level you have be expected to hold children while they learn to ride without training wheels which can be back breaking. Hours were also 100% dependant on the manager and it seemed like the same few people would get full time hours every week. As the summer goes on and there are less registrations be prepared to work as little as 3 hours a day or none at all.

Pros

Being outside, fun team, active camp, rewarding job

Cons

Long hours in the sun, little hours(variable), low pay, uncomfortable shirts, difficult children

Stressful environment

Company hires inexperienced teenagers and gives them minimal training. Spring break camps are awful, spending hours in downpour with only a lunch break. Felt anxious and unprepared for my job and the days were much too long.

Insights into Pedalheads

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks

Fun job but Bad management.

They hire a bunch of inexperienced teenagers and then don't train them. Management was not useful. They complain but don't offer help. The job itself was okay. If you like your co-workers, it can be okay.

Pros

something to do in the summer

Cons

long hours, no materials, low pay

Pretty good for a first job.

Long hours working in the heat. The best part was working with the kids however the management was not very good. Would recommend it for a high school job.

Pros

All the kids! Staff.

Cons

Bad management.

it was ok

pros: coworkers were around the same age as me making it more fun to bond over misery. some kids are really funny and it was an okay way to stay active instead of staying home during the summer.cons: training does not prepare you for the reality of the job at all. the funny thing is, at training they teach you everything BUT how to teach the kids. i was a last minute hire so i was only shadow trained. the first day is going to be very stressful and you might even cry if you get really bad kids. if you teach anything over level 2 it’s not that bad, but you’re left with the pressure of teaching kids how to bike by the end of the week. parents will expect a lot from u considering they pay about $500 a week for the camp, yet instructors are getting paid minimum wage (which i believe is absolutely cheap and capitalist of them considering the amount of work we do) kids are annoying so expect to be mentally and physically drained the the end of the week (especially your back)hours are not guaranteed at all. the same people were getting 40/weekmanagement to very last minute and disorganized, sent out schedules at like 10pm on a sunday. this year there was a heat wave but i was constantly pushed by my manager to get the kids on their bikes instead of taking a break. honestly i could go on about the cons, believe all the negative reviews you see. would only come back as a manager or supervisor.

Pros

coworkers made it fun SOMETIMES

Cons

physically and mentally draining. wanted to kms on the job

lots of work, little reward

corporate is a disorganized mess with very poor scheduling and communication processes. I received multiple training dates from my manager and the office which left me confused. Training itself does not even begin to prepare you for the reality of the job. Parents have high expectations and you are basically left to fend for yourself.

Pros

kids, coworkers

Cons

unpredictable schedules, long hours in the sun, intense pressure

Fun Place to work!

The role of a bike instructor is to teach kids from ages 4-10 years old how to ride a bike. Also, we encourage kids and teach them how to properly bike on the road and road safety. The coworkers are amazing and the management team also ensures that you are benefited and also safe within the location of the camp.

Fun Summer Job Working Outside

Great co-workers and management but some long days. Great job if you're looking for something casual but I wouldn't recommend if you're looking for a serious salary.

Great culture and a lot of fun

If you enjoy working with kids Pedalheads is an awesome spot to be. The staff are super nice to be around and the work is fun and easy-going. The management are very understanding about issues regarding being out in the sun too long and it is super easy to take time off in August if you want to do something else with your summer.

It was fun to work there and interact with interesting individuals.

I would answer emails about camp schedules and occasionally answer phone calls. If I was ever stuck or needed assistance, the management would help right away and teach us. Great learning experience.

Productive workplace with genuine workers who care about the work being done.

A difficult but rewarding job that ensures a renewed sense of community in the workplace. Working with children is most definitely not the easiest job in the world, nor is dealing with parents but having some hardworking employees made my job as management a lot more pleasant.

Cons

Outdoor work

The flexible schedule and outdoor work environment are a bonus, but as a whole the company is extremely disorganized.

I enjoyed some aspects of my job with pedalheads, but overall I found the upper management to be disorganized which made accomplishing anything difficult at times. Being able to work outside and with young people was very nice, but the lack of communication from the main office was hard to deal with.

Really fun coworkers

The schedule was really iffy, usually you found out from week to week with sometimes no work for the week, or sometimes full days. The management was always stressed and passed it onto the coworkers, but the best part was the coworkers. They rocked and helped us get through the day. Go for the coworkers and the kids.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Managers

Very fun environment helping children, rain or shine teaching so it does get hot but it's fun nonetheless

The people, CEO (which I met), program and organization is phenomenal. Though it starts at 11/hr, if you were to get your Coach's license and do it a few summers in a row, they pay gets much better. Though it gets very hot, there is always somewhere to fill your water bottle, classrooms at the sites to teach the kids other important safety tips, understanding management. I highly recommend for a stable,summer job.

Pros

Amazing environment, great for a resume, amazing people

Cons

Wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pedalheads. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement