Pedalheads

Canada56 reviews

Clear
3.6Job security & advancement

campkidinstructorsummerteachfunweekexperience

If you love kids, you will love this job

I personally love this job and I have returned for three consecutive years. The people are always great and this job is fun and challenging at the same time. Some weeks will be more tough than others, as your kids change every week as well as the level sometimes, so there is always something to learn.

Pros

Supportive environment

Cons

Lower pay

Fun place to volunteer.

It was a great experience for me. I feel like I gained valuable skills like leadership and teamwork that I will be able to use in my future place of work.

Insights into Pedalheads

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks

Best starter job

For a person just starting off their job experiences, Pedalheads offers an inviting culture of people with a fun and engaging attitude to have fun and enjoy their experience at a job.

No Hours and Bad Location

Location was not adequate for the activities we were asked to do with the kids and their bikes Did not fulfill their 40hrs/week as promised and no one was working by mid-summer

Fun and relaxed work environment

Working at Pedal heads was a great working experience, I never felt that I 'had' to go into work. It was always very stress free and often found myself having a good time.

Fun workplace with good staff members

Pedal Heads was a great place to work with mazing staff members! I grew a lot as a person at this job, learning how to work under pressure and excelling in what I did!

Fun and enjoyable!

I have heard mixed reviews about Pedalheads and I believe it really varies from site to site. I was thrown into it with little direction and had to come up with ideas on my own and learn from other instructors who had been there years before. Once you get a hang of things, this job is a blast!

We love it here is apparently the camp motto...LOL

Great summer job for students returning to school in the fall that want to enjoy a summer in the outdoor. Moreover, they almost always give you a raise if you get re-hired the following year. and the supervisors and managers are usually staff that started as instructors.

Cons

Very physically and mentally demanding, Biking, rain or shine

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pedalheads. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement