Pedalheads

Pedalheads Culture reviews

Canada56 reviews

Clear

campkidinstructorsummerteachfunweekexperience

Awesome workplace for students— the ideal summer job!

I absolutely love working here, it’s a fun and supportive environment and the supervisors are great. You definitely have to enjoy working with kids though! A great way to get outdoors and gain money and experience as a student.

Pros

Outside, great staff, good hours, fun activities, theme days

Cons

Often very hard!

Best starter job

For a person just starting off their job experiences, Pedalheads offers an inviting culture of people with a fun and engaging attitude to have fun and enjoy their experience at a job.

Insights into Pedalheads

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks

Fun work environment with others

Each day consists of gathering your attendance sheet for the class you will be teaching. Preparation for each day is extremely crucial as you are teaching them a skill. The culture is all in all fantastic because you really bond with the people you work with and work around. The hardest part is most likely teaching a life skill but it is definitely rewarding seeing the kids ride a bike on their own.

Very fun

Super fun, and managers were awesome. Fellow co-workers were very helpful and positive. Great experience working with kids, and help you develop leadership skills.

Pros

Positive environment

Fun work place

Fun to work with friends in an environment that was relaxed. Working with the kids was very rewarding and working outside was a nice change from what I am used to.

Fun workplace with good staff members

Pedal Heads was a great place to work with mazing staff members! I grew a lot as a person at this job, learning how to work under pressure and excelling in what I did!

Nice place to work in the summer

Great place to work to gain experience and get a fair amount of money for working at a camp. The workplace culture was fun and there were lots of socials to be able to meet coworkers.

Pros

Pay

Cons

work can sometimes be hard with younger kids

Low pay for the effort you put in

Pedalheads was a mixed experience. I loved working with the kids and working outside in the summer but the pay is $12.95 an hour which is significantly under a fair salary for employees. Hours drop in August and positions to get the hours are competitive so it can feel stressful.

Pros

Working with kids, working outside, fun co-workers

Cons

pay, back-breaking if you aren't careful.

Easy fun job

I enjoy working outside and this provided me with that and it also gave me an active role which is something I really enjoy with respect to working. People were great and easy to work with,, made tons of friends. Fantastic manager and I got to work with kids which is always fun. Learned a lot about how to be a role model and a leader, and overall had a great experience.

Pros

Outside, Great atmosphere

Cons

low pay

Great place to work, few exceptions though

Great place to work! The hardest part of the job is dealing with the weather conditions. Limited support from staff, but will help you when you ask for help.

Pros

Working with kids

Cons

Have to deal with some extreme weather conditions (e.g. extreme heat)

Great way to spend the summer

Fantastic co-workers and environment. Great for people who love children!

Pros

days under the sun

Cons

days under the rain

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pedalheads. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement