Pedalheads

Pedalheads Employee Reviews for Camp Counselor

Camp Counselor8 reviews
Canada8 reviews

Fun workplace for kids

The friends I've made that have turned into family, the kids I have been able to watch grow up from kids, to teenagers and even high school graduates. The beautiful landscape we are blessed to be able to work on, no other day camp in Houston like ours. the fieldtrips we would take with our age groups that allowed us to bond and grow even closer with our campers.

Fun working with kids

Good summer job if you enjoy working with kids. The people you get to work with are amazing. Being out in the sun all day on very hot days with minimal shade is the only thing I didn’t like.

Pros

Working with kids, people

Cons

Outside in the hot sun all day

Insights into Pedalheads

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Pretty good for a first job.

Long hours working in the heat. The best part was working with the kids however the management was not very good. Would recommend it for a high school job.

Pros

All the kids! Staff.

Cons

Bad management.

Fun Summer Job Working Outside

Great co-workers and management but some long days. Great job if you're looking for something casual but I wouldn't recommend if you're looking for a serious salary.

Fun workplace with good staff members

Pedal Heads was a great place to work with mazing staff members! I grew a lot as a person at this job, learning how to work under pressure and excelling in what I did!

Fun but disorganized

Decent place to work; all employees are young and get along well but that also means the on-site supervision may be inexperienced. Skill placements were not always accurate and as a new instructor, it could be difficult to create a lesson plan for a group that had a vast spectrum of skill levels.

Really fun coworkers

The schedule was really iffy, usually you found out from week to week with sometimes no work for the week, or sometimes full days. The management was always stressed and passed it onto the coworkers, but the best part was the coworkers. They rocked and helped us get through the day. Go for the coworkers and the kids.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Managers

Very fun environment helping children, rain or shine teaching so it does get hot but it's fun nonetheless

The people, CEO (which I met), program and organization is phenomenal. Though it starts at 11/hr, if you were to get your Coach's license and do it a few summers in a row, they pay gets much better. Though it gets very hot, there is always somewhere to fill your water bottle, classrooms at the sites to teach the kids other important safety tips, understanding management. I highly recommend for a stable,summer job.

Pros

Amazing environment, great for a resume, amazing people

Cons

Wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pedalheads. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement