Pedalheads

Pedalheads Employee Reviews in Vancouver, BC

Vancouver, BC7 reviews

Awesome workplace for students— the ideal summer job!

I absolutely love working here, it’s a fun and supportive environment and the supervisors are great. You definitely have to enjoy working with kids though! A great way to get outdoors and gain money and experience as a student.

Pros

Outside, great staff, good hours, fun activities, theme days

Cons

Often very hard!

Stressful environment

Company hires inexperienced teenagers and gives them minimal training. Spring break camps are awful, spending hours in downpour with only a lunch break. Felt anxious and unprepared for my job and the days were much too long.

Insights into Pedalheads

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks

Great Environment for Students and Staff

This workplace is extremely enjoyable for those who enjoy to work with children, bike, and teach. The satisfaction of successfully teaching skills is very rewarding and I would highly recommend it.

It was fun to work there and interact with interesting individuals.

I would answer emails about camp schedules and occasionally answer phone calls. If I was ever stuck or needed assistance, the management would help right away and teach us. Great learning experience.

Productive workplace with genuine workers who care about the work being done.

A difficult but rewarding job that ensures a renewed sense of community in the workplace. Working with children is most definitely not the easiest job in the world, nor is dealing with parents but having some hardworking employees made my job as management a lot more pleasant.

Cons

Outdoor work

The flexible schedule and outdoor work environment are a bonus, but as a whole the company is extremely disorganized.

I enjoyed some aspects of my job with pedalheads, but overall I found the upper management to be disorganized which made accomplishing anything difficult at times. Being able to work outside and with young people was very nice, but the lack of communication from the main office was hard to deal with.

Really fun atmosphere to learn how to work with kids!

I really enjoyed it. The mornings were often the best because when afternoon rolled around, it was really hot in the summer. Hardest part of the job was bending over for hours trying to teach kids how to balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pedalheads. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement