Pedalheads

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Fast paced and dynamic workplace with great team interaction.

Working at Atlantis Programs and Pedalheads can provide an exceptional summer work experience with great opportunities for teamwork collaboration in a fast paced environment. The ability to work with children allows for a certain amount of self directed activity and programming which helps develop leadership and independence for counsellors and staff of all ages.

Fun job but Bad management.

They hire a bunch of inexperienced teenagers and then don't train them. Management was not useful. They complain but don't offer help. The job itself was okay. If you like your co-workers, it can be okay.

Pros

something to do in the summer

Cons

long hours, no materials, low pay

Pretty good for a first job.

Long hours working in the heat. The best part was working with the kids however the management was not very good. Would recommend it for a high school job.

Pros

All the kids! Staff.

Cons

Bad management.

it was ok

pros: coworkers were around the same age as me making it more fun to bond over misery. some kids are really funny and it was an okay way to stay active instead of staying home during the summer.cons: training does not prepare you for the reality of the job at all. the funny thing is, at training they teach you everything BUT how to teach the kids. i was a last minute hire so i was only shadow trained. the first day is going to be very stressful and you might even cry if you get really bad kids. if you teach anything over level 2 it’s not that bad, but you’re left with the pressure of teaching kids how to bike by the end of the week. parents will expect a lot from u considering they pay about $500 a week for the camp, yet instructors are getting paid minimum wage (which i believe is absolutely cheap and capitalist of them considering the amount of work we do) kids are annoying so expect to be mentally and physically drained the the end of the week (especially your back)hours are not guaranteed at all. the same people were getting 40/weekmanagement to very last minute and disorganized, sent out schedules at like 10pm on a sunday. this year there was a heat wave but i was constantly pushed by my manager to get the kids on their bikes instead of taking a break. honestly i could go on about the cons, believe all the negative reviews you see. would only come back as a manager or supervisor.

Pros

coworkers made it fun SOMETIMES

Cons

physically and mentally draining. wanted to kms on the job

lots of work, little reward

corporate is a disorganized mess with very poor scheduling and communication processes. I received multiple training dates from my manager and the office which left me confused. Training itself does not even begin to prepare you for the reality of the job. Parents have high expectations and you are basically left to fend for yourself.

Pros

kids, coworkers

Cons

unpredictable schedules, long hours in the sun, intense pressure

Fun Place to work!

The role of a bike instructor is to teach kids from ages 4-10 years old how to ride a bike. Also, we encourage kids and teach them how to properly bike on the road and road safety. The coworkers are amazing and the management team also ensures that you are benefited and also safe within the location of the camp.

Fun workplace with good staff members

Pedal Heads was a great place to work with mazing staff members! I grew a lot as a person at this job, learning how to work under pressure and excelling in what I did!

Nice place to work in the summer

Great place to work to gain experience and get a fair amount of money for working at a camp. The workplace culture was fun and there were lots of socials to be able to meet coworkers.

Pros

Pay

Cons

work can sometimes be hard with younger kids

We love it here is apparently the camp motto...LOL

Great summer job for students returning to school in the fall that want to enjoy a summer in the outdoor. Moreover, they almost always give you a raise if you get re-hired the following year. and the supervisors and managers are usually staff that started as instructors.

Cons

Very physically and mentally demanding, Biking, rain or shine

Job was an excellent environment to apply myself and advance my skills

At pedal heads bike camp i was constantly placed in a position which required the application of critical thinking and problem solving skills.

Pros

Day time work

Cons

Working in the sun, rain or shine

Very fun environment helping children, rain or shine teaching so it does get hot but it's fun nonetheless

The people, CEO (which I met), program and organization is phenomenal. Though it starts at 11/hr, if you were to get your Coach's license and do it a few summers in a row, they pay gets much better. Though it gets very hot, there is always somewhere to fill your water bottle, classrooms at the sites to teach the kids other important safety tips, understanding management. I highly recommend for a stable,summer job.

Pros

Amazing environment, great for a resume, amazing people

Cons

Wage

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pedalheads. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement