Pedalheads

Pedalheads Employee Reviews in Calgary, AB

Calgary, AB9 reviews

Not a bad summer job for students

I think your overall experience depends on the location and management, I was really lucky having a such an amazing team and manager. The downside of this job is that you’ll literally be working rain or shine( they basically never cancel camp and you’re expected to continue biking rain or shine), it was awful working outside in the rain or when there was an extreme heat warning( I even developed heat stroke one week). It was also slightly annoying that they provide you with 100% cotton shirts that you are required to wear everyday which are super unbreathable especially in extreme heat. It can also be challenging dealing with children as sometimes you would get children with extreme behavioural issues (which can be mentally and physically exhausting). Also be aware this is a super physically demanding job, as you will be expected to teach children biking skills and even at times depending on what skill level you have be expected to hold children while they learn to ride without training wheels which can be back breaking. Hours were also 100% dependant on the manager and it seemed like the same few people would get full time hours every week. As the summer goes on and there are less registrations be prepared to work as little as 3 hours a day or none at all.

Pros

Being outside, fun team, active camp, rewarding job

Cons

Long hours in the sun, little hours(variable), low pay, uncomfortable shirts, difficult children

Fun place to work (if you like a fast pace and working with children)

If you can handle the demands of children and the stress that may or may not come along with it (changes day by day) then this job would be a great job for you and would leave you feeling fulfilled.

Insights into Pedalheads

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Inclusive work environment
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks

Fun Summer Job Working Outside

Great co-workers and management but some long days. Great job if you're looking for something casual but I wouldn't recommend if you're looking for a serious salary.

Very fun

Super fun, and managers were awesome. Fellow co-workers were very helpful and positive. Great experience working with kids, and help you develop leadership skills.

Pros

Positive environment

Fun work place

Fun to work with friends in an environment that was relaxed. Working with the kids was very rewarding and working outside was a nice change from what I am used to.

average minimum wage job

about what you would expect, great working environment, supervisors are very friendly and helpful and other instructors are willing to adapt. However limited breaks when working a full week

Pros

time outside biking

Cons

limited to no off time during work week

Fun and enjoyable!

I have heard mixed reviews about Pedalheads and I believe it really varies from site to site. I was thrown into it with little direction and had to come up with ideas on my own and learn from other instructors who had been there years before. Once you get a hang of things, this job is a blast!

Easy fun job

I enjoy working outside and this provided me with that and it also gave me an active role which is something I really enjoy with respect to working. People were great and easy to work with,, made tons of friends. Fantastic manager and I got to work with kids which is always fun. Learned a lot about how to be a role model and a leader, and overall had a great experience.

Pros

Outside, Great atmosphere

Cons

low pay

Really fun coworkers

The schedule was really iffy, usually you found out from week to week with sometimes no work for the week, or sometimes full days. The management was always stressed and passed it onto the coworkers, but the best part was the coworkers. They rocked and helped us get through the day. Go for the coworkers and the kids.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Managers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pedalheads. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement