Pedalheads

Pedalheads

Pedalheads Employee Review

Tiring job with minimum wage

A decent summer job for people who enjoy running in the sun, babysitting kids, getting tanned, creating games, getting dirty, and teaching. You will get at maximum 70% of the cleanness you could working a cashier or something. You will also be expected to prepare lesson plans in your free time. The experience large depends on what type of manager you get and the job location. Overall, this is a tiring job with minimum wage. Sort of glorified babysitting. I will not recommend to anyone who does not love the outdoors or kids like me.

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Fun job but inconsistent hours

I think it is quite enjoyable teaching kids cause it is fulfilling. I also enjoy the fact that this job does not make you work weekends. Finally, the manager and coworkers are nice which is important for me. The only reason why my review is not a 4 or 5 out of 5 is that the hours are inconsistent which means you may only get 3 hours of work in a day instead of 6; moreover, you get minimum wage for a job a union would pay $5 more an hour for.
Same role

Stressful job in the summer heat with inexperienced managers

Workplace was extremely unfair and mostly everyone knew eachother already (except for me of course) so despite being an experienced instructor I was scheduled less than the people the supervisor and site leader knew. We had to force kids to stay on their bikes as much as possible even when the weather was above 30 degrees. Minimum wage does not do justice to the difficulty of this job. The two people in charge of us were a joke because they were only 19 and not much more experienced than us. In essence, the entire camp is basically run by teenagers without any training in pedagogy, teaching, etc. I would not recommend working here and instead would look for a camp leader job offered by a school district or by a city (typically unionized with good pay). There are opportunities for advancement but they are a lot less advantageous than other jobs of the same category, would not recommend either.
Same roleSame location

Poor organisation and management

The schedules are often messy and only the same people get hours while others are left aside for most of the summer. 40 hour weeks were only guaranteed to the same people every time, and the rest often got low hours. Did not give the promised COVID bonus, no referral bonus, got paid minimum wage, which is around 1$ lower than advertised, none of the promised benefits were given. Working with kids is fun but also extremely exhausting mentally and physically, so getting paid minimum wage for it is very disappointing. I do no recommend working here for anyone that's expecting a consistent hours and pay.

Pros

Older kids are fun to work with

Cons

Unfair hours, poor scheduling

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pedalheads. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Pedalheads with

• Pedalheads
  • Tiring job with minimum wage