Pedalheads

Pedalheads

Pedalheads Employee Review

Stressful environment

Company hires inexperienced teenagers and gives them minimal training. Spring break camps are awful, spending hours in downpour with only a lunch break. Felt anxious and unprepared for my job and the days were much too long.

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Fun job but inconsistent hours

I think it is quite enjoyable teaching kids cause it is fulfilling. I also enjoy the fact that this job does not make you work weekends. Finally, the manager and coworkers are nice which is important for me. The only reason why my review is not a 4 or 5 out of 5 is that the hours are inconsistent which means you may only get 3 hours of work in a day instead of 6; moreover, you get minimum wage for a job a union would pay $5 more an hour for.
Same role

Stressful job in the summer heat with inexperienced managers

Workplace was extremely unfair and mostly everyone knew eachother already (except for me of course) so despite being an experienced instructor I was scheduled less than the people the supervisor and site leader knew. We had to force kids to stay on their bikes as much as possible even when the weather was above 30 degrees. Minimum wage does not do justice to the difficulty of this job. The two people in charge of us were a joke because they were only 19 and not much more experienced than us. In essence, the entire camp is basically run by teenagers without any training in pedagogy, teaching, etc. I would not recommend working here and instead would look for a camp leader job offered by a school district or by a city (typically unionized with good pay). There are opportunities for advancement but they are a lot less advantageous than other jobs of the same category, would not recommend either.
Same roleSame location

Awesome workplace for students— the ideal summer job!

I absolutely love working here, it’s a fun and supportive environment and the supervisors are great. You definitely have to enjoy working with kids though! A great way to get outdoors and gain money and experience as a student.

Pros

Outside, great staff, good hours, fun activities, theme days

Cons

Often very hard!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pedalheads. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement