Pedalheads

Pedalheads

Pedalheads Employee Review

Really fun coworkers

The schedule was really iffy, usually you found out from week to week with sometimes no work for the week, or sometimes full days. The management was always stressed and passed it onto the coworkers, but the best part was the coworkers. They rocked and helped us get through the day. Go for the coworkers and the kids.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Managers

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Fun workplace for kids

The friends I've made that have turned into family, the kids I have been able to watch grow up from kids, to teenagers and even high school graduates. The beautiful landscape we are blessed to be able to work on, no other day camp in Houston like ours. the fieldtrips we would take with our age groups that allowed us to bond and grow even closer with our campers.
Same role

Fun working with kids

Good summer job if you enjoy working with kids. The people you get to work with are amazing. Being out in the sun all day on very hot days with minimal shade is the only thing I didn’t like.

Pros

Working with kids, people

Cons

Outside in the hot sun all day
Same location

Not a bad summer job for students

I think your overall experience depends on the location and management, I was really lucky having a such an amazing team and manager. The downside of this job is that you’ll literally be working rain or shine( they basically never cancel camp and you’re expected to continue biking rain or shine), it was awful working outside in the rain or when there was an extreme heat warning( I even developed heat stroke one week). It was also slightly annoying that they provide you with 100% cotton shirts that you are required to wear everyday which are super unbreathable especially in extreme heat. It can also be challenging dealing with children as sometimes you would get children with extreme behavioural issues (which can be mentally and physically exhausting). Also be aware this is a super physically demanding job, as you will be expected to teach children biking skills and even at times depending on what skill level you have be expected to hold children while they learn to ride without training wheels which can be back breaking. Hours were also 100% dependant on the manager and it seemed like the same few people would get full time hours every week. As the summer goes on and there are less registrations be prepared to work as little as 3 hours a day or none at all.

Pros

Being outside, fun team, active camp, rewarding job

Cons

Long hours in the sun, little hours(variable), low pay, uncomfortable shirts, difficult children

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pedalheads. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement