Pedalheads

Pedalheads

Pedalheads Employee Review

Job enjoyment is based heavily on the campers and staff you work with

I worked at Pedalheads for 3 years and overall it is a good job if you’re the outgoing type and enjoy working with kids. In my experience, the company offers a ton of resources and support during your employment. All the staff I've encountered are super friendly and there is a bunch of opportunities during/outside of work to get close with your team. In years with a great team, I loved coming to work and found it very fun. The hours are usually really great but are given out based on your performance and staff availability (the better your performance, the more likely you are to get your preferred hours)The job is quite demanding and will require you to be energetic, patient and active all day. This is especially applicable if you work with the young campers who come in to learn how to ride without training wheels. There are a lot of expectations to fulfil. One thing I'd have to say is to be prepared to deal with difficult campers and parents, as well as work outside on your feet all day.

Pros

Good hours, friendly staff, fun and engaging job

Cons

Difficult campers and parents, working on your feet outside all day

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Stressful environment

Company hires inexperienced teenagers and gives them minimal training. Spring break camps are awful, spending hours in downpour with only a lunch break. Felt anxious and unprepared for my job and the days were much too long.
Same role

Requires high energy, fun outdoor job

Be prepared to create lesson plans each week. You are given game ideas but it’s ultimately up to each instructor how you want to conduct your lessons. It can be a really fun job and you’ll become close with coworkers. You’ll be tired at the end of each day but if you love kids and want to be in the sun it’s a good job.
Same role

Not a bad summer job for students

I think your overall experience depends on the location and management, I was really lucky having a such an amazing team and manager. The downside of this job is that you’ll literally be working rain or shine( they basically never cancel camp and you’re expected to continue biking rain or shine), it was awful working outside in the rain or when there was an extreme heat warning( I even developed heat stroke one week). It was also slightly annoying that they provide you with 100% cotton shirts that you are required to wear everyday which are super unbreathable especially in extreme heat. It can also be challenging dealing with children as sometimes you would get children with extreme behavioural issues (which can be mentally and physically exhausting). Also be aware this is a super physically demanding job, as you will be expected to teach children biking skills and even at times depending on what skill level you have be expected to hold children while they learn to ride without training wheels which can be back breaking. Hours were also 100% dependant on the manager and it seemed like the same few people would get full time hours every week. As the summer goes on and there are less registrations be prepared to work as little as 3 hours a day or none at all.

Pros

Being outside, fun team, active camp, rewarding job

Cons

Long hours in the sun, little hours(variable), low pay, uncomfortable shirts, difficult children

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pedalheads. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement
  • Pedalheads
  • Job enjoyment is based heavily on the campers and staff you work with