Pedalheads

Pedalheads

Pedalheads Employee Review

Easy fun job

I enjoy working outside and this provided me with that and it also gave me an active role which is something I really enjoy with respect to working. People were great and easy to work with,, made tons of friends. Fantastic manager and I got to work with kids which is always fun. Learned a lot about how to be a role model and a leader, and overall had a great experience.

Pros

Outside, Great atmosphere

Cons

low pay

4.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Tiring job with minimum wage

A decent summer job for people who enjoy running in the sun, babysitting kids, getting tanned, creating games, getting dirty, and teaching. You will get at maximum 70% of the cleanness you could working a cashier or something. You will also be expected to prepare lesson plans in your free time. The experience large depends on what type of manager you get and the job location. Overall, this is a tiring job with minimum wage. Sort of glorified babysitting. I will not recommend to anyone who does not love the outdoors or kids like me.
Same role

Stressful environment

Company hires inexperienced teenagers and gives them minimal training. Spring break camps are awful, spending hours in downpour with only a lunch break. Felt anxious and unprepared for my job and the days were much too long.
Same roleSame location

Not a bad summer job for students

I think your overall experience depends on the location and management, I was really lucky having a such an amazing team and manager. The downside of this job is that you’ll literally be working rain or shine( they basically never cancel camp and you’re expected to continue biking rain or shine), it was awful working outside in the rain or when there was an extreme heat warning( I even developed heat stroke one week). It was also slightly annoying that they provide you with 100% cotton shirts that you are required to wear everyday which are super unbreathable especially in extreme heat. It can also be challenging dealing with children as sometimes you would get children with extreme behavioural issues (which can be mentally and physically exhausting). Also be aware this is a super physically demanding job, as you will be expected to teach children biking skills and even at times depending on what skill level you have be expected to hold children while they learn to ride without training wheels which can be back breaking. Hours were also 100% dependant on the manager and it seemed like the same few people would get full time hours every week. As the summer goes on and there are less registrations be prepared to work as little as 3 hours a day or none at all.

Pros

Being outside, fun team, active camp, rewarding job

Cons

Long hours in the sun, little hours(variable), low pay, uncomfortable shirts, difficult children

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pedalheads. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement