Pedalheads

Pedalheads

Pedalheads Employee Review

Best starter job

For a person just starting off their job experiences, Pedalheads offers an inviting culture of people with a fun and engaging attitude to have fun and enjoy their experience at a job.

5.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Not a bad summer job for students

I think your overall experience depends on the location and management, I was really lucky having a such an amazing team and manager. The downside of this job is that you’ll literally be working rain or shine( they basically never cancel camp and you’re expected to continue biking rain or shine), it was awful working outside in the rain or when there was an extreme heat warning( I even developed heat stroke one week). It was also slightly annoying that they provide you with 100% cotton shirts that you are required to wear everyday which are super unbreathable especially in extreme heat. It can also be challenging dealing with children as sometimes you would get children with extreme behavioural issues (which can be mentally and physically exhausting). Also be aware this is a super physically demanding job, as you will be expected to teach children biking skills and even at times depending on what skill level you have be expected to hold children while they learn to ride without training wheels which can be back breaking. Hours were also 100% dependant on the manager and it seemed like the same few people would get full time hours every week. As the summer goes on and there are less registrations be prepared to work as little as 3 hours a day or none at all.

Pros

Being outside, fun team, active camp, rewarding job

Cons

Long hours in the sun, little hours(variable), low pay, uncomfortable shirts, difficult children
Same role

Job enjoyment is based heavily on the campers and staff you work with

I worked at Pedalheads for 3 years and overall it is a good job if you’re the outgoing type and enjoy working with kids. In my experience, the company offers a ton of resources and support during your employment. All the staff I've encountered are super friendly and there is a bunch of opportunities during/outside of work to get close with your team. In years with a great team, I loved coming to work and found it very fun. The hours are usually really great but are given out based on your performance and staff availability (the better your performance, the more likely you are to get your preferred hours)The job is quite demanding and will require you to be energetic, patient and active all day. This is especially applicable if you work with the young campers who come in to learn how to ride without training wheels. There are a lot of expectations to fulfil. One thing I'd have to say is to be prepared to deal with difficult campers and parents, as well as work outside on your feet all day.

Pros

Good hours, friendly staff, fun and engaging job

Cons

Difficult campers and parents, working on your feet outside all day
Same role

If you love kids, you will love this job

I personally love this job and I have returned for three consecutive years. The people are always great and this job is fun and challenging at the same time. Some weeks will be more tough than others, as your kids change every week as well as the level sometimes, so there is always something to learn.

Pros

Supportive environment

Cons

Lower pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pedalheads. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement