Peavey Mart Employee Reviews

Fun and always something to learn.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan26 August 2018
My time there was very good. The staff members were very friendly and positive. The only downside was the Management. Sometimes not being professional to staff and customers, leaving the cashiers with upset customers. Luckily we were allowed to give 10-20% discounts and found myself giving discounts more often due to poor management. Luckily most of the time every problem could easily be overcome with a couple words exchanged and an apology, most of the time leaving the customer better then when the came up to the counter. Discounts were reasonable and environment was hard working.
Pros
Occasional free lunch, discount and 1 hour lunch breaks
Cons
Management.
I enjoyed working here. Great bunch of people to work with.
Receiver/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Lacombe, AB1 August 2018
A typical day of work was never really typical. That's what I really loved about it. It was never the same. At the time I was working there, we had trucks come every 4 business days. That meant in the days between then and the next truck, all pallets had to be received and put out into the store.
I learned how to be very quick and organized. While receiving everything on the pallets I also had to keep track of special orders and what was ordered so it didn't get put out into the store.
The manager was very patient and explained things very well. He was a lot of fun to work with and he helped me a lot.
I would have to say the hardest part of the job would be unloading the trucks so early in the morning, especially in the winter when it was so cold. It usually took at least half an hour to unload a truck.
The most enjoyable part of the job? Honestly, everything. I still miss that job.
Not very good
Stock person (Former Employee) –  Peace River, AB11 November 2018
It doesn’t have the best management, management was very rude and not understanding, was never paid on time and the company is very in organized with almost everything
Peavey mart is an ok place to work if you just out of high school.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Westlock, AB30 July 2018
Peavey Mart is an OK place to work if you just out of high school. or if you just looking for something to keep you busy, pass the time by. I would recommend Peavey Mart if you just need a part time job.
inconvenient hours and alot of work for the pay
Sales (Former Employee) –  Swan River, MB4 May 2018
Did everything you can think of in a retail store that wasn't management. Stocked shelves, cashier, worked in the outside section (yard) cleaning, helping customers, managing inventory, building equipment and products. I was the youngest and most fit so any lifting or planograms I would generally do. Trained new staff as well. Worked almost every weekend, was hard to get any time off and the manager was never at the store which led to major issues.
Pros
dealing with customer, physical work sometimes outside
Cons
No time off, weak pay, too much work for little pay
Friendly and fun place to work
Department Head (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB22 May 2018
I have been working at Peavey for almost 3 years and I overall enjoy my job. Employee's are friendly and fun to be around, they are growing as a company and a lot have changes have happened and continue to happen which I feel will make it a better place for employee's and shoppers.
Pros
every second weekend off
Cons
no steady shifts
The other staff were really nice to work with
Shipper / Receiver (Former Employee) –  Westlock, AB14 April 2018
As a hole the company needs to be better organized on planning there shipments of product to the stores. I learned that the receiver at this job is blamed for everything at this store and lot allowed to defend themselves other people are right even if they are wrong. the other staff are really nice people and can be very helpful.
Pros
one hour lunch and staff
Cons
management don't trust staff and the won't talk to the staff to find the other side of a story.
physical workplace
staff (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB2 August 2018
need to be able to lift heavy objects

Peavey Mart is a good place to work but do not expect the corporate office to be much help with most things. they are very busy people
Disliked working here
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB14 June 2018
I learned how to use there till and how to order products. Management was good for the most part, didn't like store front manager. Most enjoyable part of my day was talking to the customers
good first job!
Cashier, Customer Service, Cash-outs, Cleaning (Former Employee) –  High River, AB15 November 2017
Working here was great, my first job was Wal-Mart, but Peavey Mart was my second job and I loved it! I worked there for over a year and a half. its more of a farming store, so when I first started working there I think all the farmers hated me. as I got to know more about the store and the products we sold the more I felt like I liked my job and I could actually help customers without looking dumb. I actually ended up becoming friends with a lot of the customers outside of the store, and living in a small town you would see familiar faces around town.
Pros
good people, small buisness
Cons
unorganized
Very warm friendly enviroment, staff are very easy to get along with and management is excellent.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North Battleford, SK2 November 2017
Typically at a day at work I'm helping a lot of customers. That can range from as simple as locating a product to helping them load heavier products to their vehicle. Its a really friendly inviting atmosphere and most of the customers are pleasant. I've learned a lot about farm equipment and hardware that id never learned before. The hardest part of the job is the amount of products I have absolutely no knowledge about but its also been very informative when I learn about them. Management makes sure that I've been trained in the vital areas and that I'm comfortable with whatever I'm doing. most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the awesome coworkers.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB23 July 2017
-Steady hours
-Ability to work cash, or complete stock
-Convenient break rotation
-If you are having personal problems, there were many people there who were willing to listen
-the most enjoyable part of the job were the people i worked with, and the customers that came through the door. I loved working at the till because I was able to talk to everyone who came through
-Hardest part of the job were the irrate customers. Sometimes, no matter what you do, how hard you try to make them happy, it's never enough. It's all a part of working retail. You win some, you lose some.
Very negative atmosphere
Receiver / Laborer (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB2 December 2017
Most people here are very negative and like to gossip and create rumors. The manager is not trained as a manager and not equip to deal with bullies, he is also a bully himself.
Pros
Cons
everything
hate that place
Price checker (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC21 November 2017
anger, anxiety, and just all around hate that place wish it was never built the people and business suck, the prices are outrageous, the only good thing about that place is it's Canadian owned and operated
It depends
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kindersley, SK30 August 2017
As a company, they know their customers, and will take appropriate steps to satisfy what the customer is looking for.

At the time I worked there, I got bullied untill I walked out.
Pros
Classic example of adapting to customers needs
Cons
Lack of decent management.
I don't get treated well there
Full Time Hardware Dept. Lead (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 September 2016
Personally, i do not get treated well there. They don't really give you much training. It's basically them giving you to the other employees and you have to learn off of them. They dont have good time management. Understaffed. I love a lot of my co-workers. Management does not discipline the employees that need to be (Turns a blind eye) BUT Gets mad when the good workers ask for a day off or something happens when it was totally out of the employee's abilities.
Pros
Company provides alright Benefits
Cons
No Freedom, Not much social life, Not good Pay.
fast pace enviroment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC24 July 2015
I am always running and doing all the store needs, I have learned to deal with customers problems and making them happy and wanting to come back to the store. I have been doing the Assistant manager job for 2 years, I love working with almost all the employees, Everyday is a challenge at the store with different things that customers are looking for and problems. I love working there and helping the customers of what they need as well as helping the employees with day to day procedures.
Pros
I love the job and the customers that come into the store as well as co-workers
Cons
The Manager at the store
Fun atmosphere great people
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  red deer ab15 February 2015
The people of peavey mart feel like family! The atmosphere is better than a lot of other places and it is due to the fantastic people who are employed there. Obviously there are pros and cons but the pros outweigh the cons! The hardest part of the job would definitely be like any other retail, dealing with not so enjoyable customers!
Customers and staff were pleasant
Store clerck (Current Employee) –  Camrose AB17 October 2013
Peavey mart is a great place to work, the customers you meet are interesting and the people you work with are very nice. as a store clerk my job generally consisted of customer service and stocking with some heavy lifting and cleaning every once and a while.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Minimum pay
Was a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB1 May 2017
Peavey Mart was sold and now there is a new structure to the business that takes away from customer service and limits how the staff can deal with each other and with the customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peavey Mart. Our community is ready to answer.