Peavey Mart Employee Reviews

Friendly and fun place to work
Department Head (Current Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB22 May 2018
I have been working at Peavey for almost 3 years and I overall enjoy my job. Employee's are friendly and fun to be around, they are growing as a company and a lot have changes have happened and continue to happen which I feel will make it a better place for employee's and shoppers.
Pros
every second weekend off
Cons
no steady shifts
inconvenient hours and alot of work for the pay
Sales (Former Employee) –  Swan River, MB4 May 2018
Did everything you can think of in a retail store that wasn't management. Stocked shelves, cashier, worked in the outside section (yard) cleaning, helping customers, managing inventory, building equipment and products. I was the youngest and most fit so any lifting or planograms I would generally do. Trained new staff as well. Worked almost every weekend, was hard to get any time off and the manager was never at the store which led to major issues.
Pros
dealing with customer, physical work sometimes outside
Cons
No time off, weak pay, too much work for little pay
The other staff were really nice to work with
Shipper / Receiver (Former Employee) –  Westlock, AB14 April 2018
As a hole the company needs to be better organized on planning there shipments of product to the stores. I learned that the receiver at this job is blamed for everything at this store and lot allowed to defend themselves other people are right even if they are wrong. the other staff are really nice people and can be very helpful.
Pros
one hour lunch and staff
Cons
management don't trust staff and the won't talk to the staff to find the other side of a story.
Very negative atmosphere
Receiver / Laborer (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB2 December 2017
Most people here are very negative and like to gossip and create rumors. The manager is not trained as a manager and not equip to deal with bullies, he is also a bully himself.
Pros
Cons
everything
hate that place
Price checker (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC21 November 2017
anger, anxiety, and just all around hate that place wish it was never built the people and business suck, the prices are outrageous, the only good thing about that place is it's Canadian owned and operated
good first job!
Cashier, Customer Service, Cash-outs, Cleaning (Former Employee) –  High River, AB15 November 2017
Working here was great, my first job was Wal-Mart, but Peavey Mart was my second job and I loved it! I worked there for over a year and a half. its more of a farming store, so when I first started working there I think all the farmers hated me. as I got to know more about the store and the products we sold the more I felt like I liked my job and I could actually help customers without looking dumb. I actually ended up becoming friends with a lot of the customers outside of the store, and living in a small town you would see familiar faces around town.
Pros
good people, small buisness
Cons
unorganized
Very warm friendly enviroment, staff are very easy to get along with and management is excellent.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North Battleford, SK2 November 2017
Typically at a day at work I'm helping a lot of customers. That can range from as simple as locating a product to helping them load heavier products to their vehicle. Its a really friendly inviting atmosphere and most of the customers are pleasant. I've learned a lot about farm equipment and hardware that id never learned before. The hardest part of the job is the amount of products I have absolutely no knowledge about but its also been very informative when I learn about them. Management makes sure that I've been trained in the vital areas and that I'm comfortable with whatever I'm doing. most enjoyable part of the job is definitely the awesome coworkers.
It depends
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kindersley, SK30 August 2017
As a company, they know their customers, and will take appropriate steps to satisfy what the customer is looking for.

At the time I worked there, I got bullied untill I walked out.
Pros
Classic example of adapting to customers needs
Cons
Lack of decent management.
Productive workplace
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB23 July 2017
-Steady hours
-Ability to work cash, or complete stock
-Convenient break rotation
-If you are having personal problems, there were many people there who were willing to listen
-the most enjoyable part of the job were the people i worked with, and the customers that came through the door. I loved working at the till because I was able to talk to everyone who came through
-Hardest part of the job were the irrate customers. Sometimes, no matter what you do, how hard you try to make them happy, it's never enough. It's all a part of working retail. You win some, you lose some.
Was a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB1 May 2017
Peavey Mart was sold and now there is a new structure to the business that takes away from customer service and limits how the staff can deal with each other and with the customers.

Want to know more about Peavey Mart?

Ask a question
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK6 April 2017
Good workplace to be in, fun and productive environment. Manegment is understanding and flexiable with scheduling. Endless learning and a fast workplace
Not bad for retail
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB24 March 2017
Very down to earth atmosphere, The benefits are there. the discount isnt that bad. Very casual workplace. Very flexible with your own personal schedule.
Pros
Travel opportunity
Cons
meh, its retail
alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB5 March 2017
good atmosphere and good co workers. Management was alright. enjoyed going into and helping the people. Always something to do and keep busy, never a boring dull day.
Great company, great store and staff Winnipeg
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB28 October 2016
If you want to work for a great company and store , winnipeg has it all , growing store in winnipeg and great staff and manager .
A new store will have it's quirks
Supervisor, Cashier, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC26 October 2016
As I said being a new store we've gone through some ups and downs, management issues (that have been corrected I should add)
some stocking problems, but all in all for being a retail job it is a very nice place to work!
Employee relations
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Westlock, AB17 October 2016
Had fun with fellow employees. Management had some room for improvement. Learned how to work as a Cash room Supervisor, also worked in the backroom as a receiver.
Pros
Bonus program when goals are met
I don't get treated well there
Full Time Hardware Dept. Lead (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 September 2016
Personally, i do not get treated well there. They don't really give you much training. It's basically them giving you to the other employees and you have to learn off of them. They dont have good time management. Understaffed. I love a lot of my co-workers. Management does not discipline the employees that need to be (Turns a blind eye) BUT Gets mad when the good workers ask for a day off or something happens when it was totally out of the employee's abilities.
Pros
Company provides alright Benefits
Cons
No Freedom, Not much social life, Not good Pay.
I enjoyed working with the staff
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Westlock, AB21 September 2015
Do to lack of work I was laid off. Had that not happened, I would have been still working there. I enjoyed working with the staff and I enjoyed the type of work that I did.
fast pace enviroment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Dawson Creek, BC24 July 2015
I am always running and doing all the store needs, I have learned to deal with customers problems and making them happy and wanting to come back to the store. I have been doing the Assistant manager job for 2 years, I love working with almost all the employees, Everyday is a challenge at the store with different things that customers are looking for and problems. I love working there and helping the customers of what they need as well as helping the employees with day to day procedures.
Pros
I love the job and the customers that come into the store as well as co-workers
Cons
The Manager at the store
Productive and Fun Family
Full Time Clothing Lead (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB1 July 2015
In the short time that I worked at Peavey Mart, I was able to sustain a very comfortable atmosphere, Family like, with all employees. It was a fun, challenging place to work, and I miss each and every employee dearly. I learned to work without the aid of a planogram, which in most larger, older retail stores is implemented on the floor in each department, but at Peavey Mart, there is no planograms as such and you are to use your skills to figure it all out. The hardest part of the job was to not be able to order my own product. This was reverse to all my teachings in retail prior, as we always ordered some if not all of our product. At Peavey Mart it went according to what the computer said we sold, and then we were replenished, but the challenge was in trying to support Customer Service, when I could not reorder exactly the size and style of what the customer required, so it enable me to lean on other stores that would have that product and wait a possible 2 week period to receive it. The most enjoyable part of this job and any job is the employees that work there and the atmosphere!!!
Pros
Freedom on floor
Cons
Shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peavey Mart. Our community is ready to answer.