Pearson Employee Reviews

Found 37 reviews matching the search See all 1,786 reviews
Ok company
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  North York, ON5 April 2018
This company is decent if you are going in to get experience and your foot in the door as a helpdesk role for example, however, there isn't much room to advance further unless higher-ups leave their positions. The work and life balance is also a challenge
Pros
the people
Cons
fluctuating hours
Not the best place
Help Desk Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2018
If your goal is to pay something off and you really need the money. Then go ahead. You will have to sacrifice your social life though. Highly stressful
Continually challenging
Sales and Editorial Representative (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS3 January 2018
An non traditional sales job where you work with the top minds in their field. Working in a challenging industry that shrinks every year, but is on the cusp of a seismic shift in practice. Great work life balance.
Productive and fun workplace with table tennis table
Sr. Application Engineer / Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON16 July 2017
Great people at all levels of the company - everyone is supportive of each other and has a great time together in accomplishing the task.

The Management team are highly Motivated which brings much positive energy in the whole team. This is the definition of what a team should be.

I have never come across such company who has all the great qualities of Culture, Management, Career Advancement.
Great learning experience and top notch managent
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON27 September 2017
Order picking ,loading new stock and quality control were just some of many warehouse attributes was carried out to make me quite an asset to Team and also the company .But also forklift certified and did receiving for Supply Chain Manage for a long time.
Productive and fun
Maintenance Electrician / Facilities Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK26 September 2017
this was a great place to work friendly staff great parties management looked out for you like family! The only downside is it is a dying industry so not much room for advancement.
Good workplace with emphasis on work-life balance
Media Developer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 September 2016
Pearson is my first foray outside of Adult Education which was emphasizing corporate programs. The organization as a whole is trying to move toward digital content as a delivery system for their mostly print-based assets. I've gained a lot of exposure into how Digital can work with Print in terms of production and gained valuable insight into that type of workflow. The transition is slow, but more personnel are embracing Digital mediums.
Pros
Summer hours
A relax place to work with some amazing people. Cross training into other departments allows for a diverse skill and knowledge.
Return Clerk (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON13 August 2013
I work on the day shift, 6:30am-3:00pm. My main job is a returns clerk. Customers return boxes of books, that is process through logpro for good stock or garbage. Through training and knowledge I could be assisting other departments such as receiving, packaging, picking, quality control, or helping on the raymond reach.
Pros
Great health benefits, Pension, Vacation.
Cons
Salary
Not the best but could be worse
Graduate Admissions Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto1 April 2014
I have been employed here for over 5 years. Company has been bought 3 times by various companies and with that came departmental/structural changes but mostly administrative.
As an admissions Advisor I interview and present to qualified prospects whom shown interest in our online Masters program. (We design online degree whom we partnerships with over 50 schools across the U.S)
Pros
free education .i.e. Graduate degree, good benefits
Cons
pay not so wonderful, management can be lackaisical, not challenging enough, minimum job advanacement
Great Hours, Alright Environment
Factory Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON8 July 2015
In my 7 week expereince at Pearson education, I largely enjoyed the people. Job security gets 3 stars as the factory will likely shut down within the next ten years (half of it shut down during my 7 week endeavour last year). Job culture gets 2 stars as most people who work there don't really seem to enjoy their line of work very much. It seemed like the culture promoted the "work for the weekend" mentality, which is not something I personally believe in.
Pros
Consistent hours
Cons
Repetitive work.
I have enjoyed my job at Pearson Canada
Packaging & Returns Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON18 March 2015
I sort through the orders to match up the loose picks with the bulk picks, Once this has been done, I then use the forklift to take the orders to the appropriate department. Once I have completed all of this, I then go to the department and help with packing the orders so they can be shipped out to the customers. I receive invoice into the system. I put skids of product back into rack locations.
I work with my Leader to ensure that everything gets done by the due dates.
I don't feel that my job is hard. I'm busy all day and the is what I enjoy about the job. I know when I go to work that I won't be sitting around doing nothing.
Pros
Short Commute to work
Cons
Pay rate not high enough
Belle entreprise
Directeur Marketing (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 December 2017
J'ai vécu de belles années chez Pearson. Les produits sont de grande qualité.
Pros
Équipe
Professional and confusing
Software Engineer / Escalation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 February 2015
This company has given me the impression that it does not know what it wants. Aside from all the technical quality it's people have, it does not make good choices. Management has been a real issue.

Probably the fact that this is a mega corporation with varying interests is the reason why they have made poor software choices. I don't think they're a successful software company.
very good and enjoyable experience
Edexcel examiner (Current Employee) –  on line18 July 2014
I have enjoyed working for Edexcel as an examiner the experience has been an eye opener as I have never worked with computer marking programs. I managed to apply my knowledge to evaluate students works in a fair way. The team I worked with was very supportive and were there to any questions I needed answering, despite us only working online
Pros
free lunch on training
Pearson Education
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Newmarket, ON3 December 2015
Laid back environment with great management. Enjoy working with co workers. The only downside is that business can be quite slow in off peak seasons. There was not much work. I enjoy the perks and the incentives of working at Pearson. Unfortunately there is not much room for advancement.
Pros
Free food
Cons
lack of advancement oppurtunities
Diverse and Flexible
SALESFORCE AUTOMATION ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2016
Pearson provides flexible place to work where you work with a diverse group of people and an understanding management team.

Each day would begin by doing the routine maintenance functions with regard to order issues from the CRM systems. From there you move on to individual requests from the CRM system users.

We had a great team in SFA Support and worked well together on resolving issues, routine maintenance, upgrade testing and territory re-alignments.

The hardest part of the job always seemed to be getting answers from the technical team in the U.S. There always seemed to be staff turnover and it was difficult to find the right person to ask.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to provide the right answers to the systems' users. Either resolving problems or providing training.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
occasional need to postpone vacation
Bbq's twice a year.
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON22 April 2015
I enjoyed all of my co-workers, love to read and learn new things.Dealing with some drivers was both good and bad.I got along with most management that I dealt with. I learned how to drive the equipment to move the product.
Pros
Hour lunch on pay days.
Cons
Working the doors in the winter.
WOrk and Fun
Technical Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Phillipines11 July 2016
We assist students and professors on their technical issues on their courses and subjects. We provide troubleshooting support to their issues, assist them to login to their accounts, and assist them on their course codes when they lost it.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Peason
Material Handler (Summer Student) (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON27 March 2017
Pearson Canada is no longer around. people have little use for books when you can ready everything online. It's kind of sad when you think about it..
Pros
was a good place to work
Cons
Can no longer work there
Sufficient Entry Level Position
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 October 2015
Pearson Online Learning Services is a sufficient entry level position.
I enjoy helping students change their lives through academia
I've learned that passion triumphs over politics .
Pros
colleagues
Cons
salary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pearson. Our community is ready to answer.