Pearson

Pearson Employee Reviews

employees are wonderful and very friendly. Always there to helpgreat place to work, if you live in Toronto and/or drive. They have bbq's and do fun things for the employees
It was great working at pearson. The team was wonderful. They were very helpful and I got to learn a lot by working there for just 4 months for my Coop.
No comments. Just a place to have apart time job. No guaranteed hours. The pay is also very less. The same routine without any growth. It can't benefit in your career.
See above. I enjoyed it. I worked without supervision and was respected for the experience that I had. I would work there again and recommend it to anyone.
Well run location of large global organization, very concious of bottom line especially in regard to budget, good employee communication and training.
I got the opportunity to learn a process that provides integrity in tests for certifications. The senior team members and site manager were patient while I gain knowledge and experience.
Pros
Parking is available a reasonable rate; the work week was about 12 hours
Cons
The pay rate was a little low I wish I had more hours.
A lot of pressure, HR not helpful with underperforming employees. Seems employees run the show and managers just sit around bickering between themselves
Many employees have left or let go. High turnover, no flexibility with breaks timed and lunch. Dialer system like call centre and absolutely no advancement Retirement plan is good
You have daily stand-ups in the morning. You are given tasks, you complete them by the deadline and you are given the freedom to do so however you wish. The team is great, company culture is spectacular, there is a small games room with table tennis, foosball, mini-basketball, and a Wii. Sometimes you get free lunches and there are occasional events such as a company walk-together. During the summer, the company offers special flex-hours. There are a lot of educational resources available to you to explore. Safety standards are great with occasional fire drills. Lots of potential for innovation held back by the company's organizational skills, or lack thereof. Work can be extremely boring sometimes.
Pros
Games room, free lunches, company events, educational resources, flex-hours
Cons
Boring, limited room for growth
A nice place to learn and improve technical knowledge, troubleshooting skills and different tools. A vast line of products and services provided in more than 47 countries.
This company has changed over the years and alot of people have left or been let go. The company is known for alot of short or long term leaves due to the work environment, alot of people aren't happy.
We have to follow some strict policies and procedures at Pearson. It is a relaxed place to work, with a small staff of only 5 people. Everyone works well together and it is a fun environment to work in. I have been with the company for about 5 years now, and other that the fact that winter time slows down so bad, it is a great place to work
Secure job but little room for vertical growth. Difficult market to operate in and sell in. Benefits are very good and work/life balance is also very good.
Have not worked here in several years so hope it is better than when I left. I can't give a current review. Most of the people I knew were also let go.
Many co-workers from associated departments were supportive and friendly. Benefits were good. However, salary was less than that of a brick and mortar school having similar roles. Parking available. Hours were standard 8, but they provide an hour lunch in addition to the 8 hours and two 15 minute breaks - bringing your day to a long 9.5 hrs long. They did not allow for many exceptions to hours or breaks at all. Promotions often went to those who were able to network the best, have personally relationships with management, especially upper management, despite lacking key traits of the roles they were promoted too. In some instances, friends hired friends to report directly under them. Also, after years of obvious friendships in and out of the workplace, when people were promoted, friends were not placed under new Directors or Managers. Nepotism, seemed common place. Sadly, they rarely promoted within unless the person is seen to be a "people pleaser" and have little to no life "obstacles" (i.e. family, children, medical issues). Many people who were qualified and loyal to the company did not get advancement as they should have. Training during fast-paced times like enrollment periods and course start left little time for training new hires or learning newly implemented methods or practices. Working here would be ideal for someone who may want to get experience in the field for a couple of years to be able to transition to a traditional college or university school role in administration, advising, or managing. Tuition reimbursement available for courses/programs - more...
Pros
Benefits, Parking, Short-term Experience
Cons
Long Hours, Promotions difficult to obtain, Culture Issues
It's a busy environment with constant work however the work can be fulfilling and fun. Management tries to keep the environment light and fun. It's a good place to start building your career.
The employees were very nice to work with and they had great benefits. Unfortunately, the culture was not very good. Management is not well suited for their position and does not understand people, which contributed to the negative culture.
Pros
Great Health Benefits
Cons
Culture Not Good
I have worked with Pearson for 4 years and I enjoy it very much. I was promoted to manager. I am looking for another part time job that works around my schedule
The Manager was helpful and work environment was very exciting. Everyone was engaged in the work somehow and we all had fun assisting and helping different professionals come in to take their exams
Pros
Nice atmostphere
Cons
Seasonal jon
If your goal is to pay something off and you really need the money. Then go ahead. You will have to sacrifice your social life though. Highly stressful
work as a test administrator was a bit repetitive and un-stimulating, but that does not reflect the company as a whole. The physical work environment was fine.
  1. Employee reviews