Peace River Hydro Partners

Peace River Hydro Partners Employee Reviews for Office Worker

Office Worker3 reviews
Canada3 reviews

Unhealthy work environment

I will start off by saying I loved my job at PRHP. I genuinely cared about the people who worked there and it was a very sad time for me when I realized that I needed to quit. I did not quit my job, I did not quit the long hours, the stress or my coworkers, I quit my manager and what PRHP stands for. The disrespect that is shown to workers especially during layoffs is absolutely disgusting and not something I could be a part of. Is there gossip? Absolutely, you don't have 1300 people working and not have rumors going around, doesn't mean you have to take part. Are all mangers bad? Absolutely not, there are a lot of amazing, smart, caring people on the management team. Everyone has different experiences and it wouldn't make sense to turn down a job if you are looking just because of the poor reviews. However, I would strongly suggest thinking twice before you say yes to a toxic environment like PRHP.

Pros

Met some amazing people

Cons

Lack of respect

Fast paced environment with excellent learning opportunities

Just like every other indeed user I read the reviews and was initially put off from applying to positions. However, the desire to work on the largest project in BC outweighed the fears inspired by the reviews from past employees. After working here for a couple months I can honestly say that I cannot even begin to think why people would write such negative reviews It is sad to think that their misplaced anger almost prevented me from applying to what is now the best job I have ever had! I love working at Peace River Hydro Parners. The management team consists of the most amazingly brilliant minds I have come across. It truly is an honour and an privilege to work with, and learn from them. All I can say is don’t let yourself be influenced by others’ opinions, good or bad. Rather take the opportunity to make up your own mind!

Pros

Great camp, productive work environment, positive organizational culture, career growth, learning opportunities

Cons

Long Days

Mismanaged and no job security.

I was fortunate to have two great co-workers, but it never relieved the stress of not knowing day to day if a person still had a job. The common joke across the company was "I made it through the gate so I have a job for another day". Moral dropped everyday due to the high turnover rate.

Pros

Great co-workers and the wage was good.

Cons

No stability

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peace River Hydro Partners. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement