Peace River Hydro Partners logo
Peace River Hydro Partners

Peace River Hydro Partners Employee Reviews

Very good pay!!

Great pay, awsome people to work with, although very much lacking in management and advancement opportunities. Long days but over time after 6 hrs a day!!

Pros

Pay, employees

Cons

Away from home, management.

Highly recommend avoiding

Terrible environment absolutely no loyalty they cover up serious safety incidents the entire workplace is a disaster waiting to happen management personnel are totally under qualified

Pros

Pay ok

Cons

Everything else

A Huge Mess

This company takes care of their guys about as well as they take care of their machines. The pile of dead gear here is larger than I've ever seen. Management is an absolute Joke there's no safety to speak of which is clear right off the bat as there's no house keeping so most work sites look like pig sties.

Pros

the money is good

Cons

everything else

Diverse scope of work and labour intensive

Too many young bucks with no or little work experience just hanging out while a select few do the work. Management sees it but have tied hands on account of the union. The lazy ones take full advantage of not being able to get fired.Good work, VERY good pay, excellent camp and amazing people for the most part.

Pros

Amazing Camp, great staff

Cons

Too many Pilons with faces.

Good place to meet new friends

There is a very high turnover rate, one of the best place to meet new friends and hang out with them.

Pros

Great place to make new friends

Worked as a Concrete Mixer Truck Operator. It is seasonal but, the pay more than made up for that. Is a camp job but, all Covid-19 protocols are in place. Likely safest place in Canada. Atco runs the camp. I'm not fond of how it's run but, it's tolerable. Food is okay not hot but, hey you can't have it all, right?Worked with an amazing crew! We were a great team had each others back and pulled together to get things done. Best foreman and supervisors I've ever worked for. The project is winding down and am looking forward to going back for one last season. Schedule was 2 weeks in 1 week home which was great for me.

Pros

People, Pay, Schedule

Cons

Atco Camp. It's tolerable though

Some good n some baaaaad

Thought I'd be happy and rejoiceful to work together with them but after the first shift a wannabe supervisor trys to tell me about the way I would be fired from walking around checking out the plant and then he tells the other members of the GLEE CLUB and we'll I should not have to say anything more about this..right .if you want to be told that everything you do is wrong and whoever's way is right then fill your boots but don't say i didn't warn you.

Pros

Camp

Cons

No Maral

Batch plant CVC

I got lucky, for the most part concrete and the batch plant was out of sight out of mind. I've never met such an awesome crew to work with, there will be a lot of reviews here on how management and supervisors really don't know what they're doing.. But for us we had the best guys, if this project was any longer I would have stayed all the waystayed all the way to the end

Pros

The crew, my boss's of course the money

Cons

Flying, short family time

stressful work place but excellent amenities

12 hours working period with day and night shifts rotation(two weeks on one week off), co-workers mostly friendly and collaboratively but managers just thinking of their salary and position do not care about technical specs. The restaurant and gym were perfect and dormitory as well. Actually it is like a revolving door, so many newcomers and a lot quitting!

Pros

perfect restaurant and clean dormitory

Cons

long working hours, low salary

Pay is decent

Go to work, collect your paycheck. Be prepared to move the same dirt 5 times. The job scope is neat. Watch out for your own safety and your brother and sisters back.

Pros

Crews, camp is clean

Cons

equipment is beaten.

Jobs at Peace River Hydro Partners

See more jobs

High Turnover

If you like constant turnover this place is for you. The Project is interesting. However, unless you are from Spain or Korea you likely will not last long.

Pros

Money is ok.

Cons

Revolving Door

Very happy

This is by far the best team I have been a part of. Real construction people getting the job done. BS is at the minimum and the morale on-site is generally very good with a great group of people who have fun while working. These big jobs are always temporary but I would work for PRHP forever if I could, no reason to leave...other than the job completing and them not needing me anymore lol

Pros

Long Hours, great pay, great team members

Cons

um, there must be one.

Peace river hydro

My time with prhp Was very educational and exciting learned some new skills and met alot of interesting people I would love to give rehired by them I would love

Got fired because the manager needed money to pay for his friends flights from Newfoundland.

PRHP managers did not work collaboratively together. There were too many little empires. They hired experienced people, but wouldn’t listen to their Advil!

Pros

Good salary

Cons

No benefits, no job security, no salary raises for life of project.

Good place to get on full time. Good money great camp.

I like working there. I recpmmend others in the position to take that opporutunity to work there. Great camp great network of people to get to be contacts with.

If camp work fits into your life schedule then this is a great place to work. Awesome modern camp. Good foremen on most crews. Never rushed to do a job. Big project and site can get a bit confusing sometimes, but always get sorted out in the end. Great pay and good benefits. Equipment needs upgrade now.

Award winning Project

Great place to diversify skill set. Great group of people from all over the country. Construction Team is organize and diverse. Workplace is safe and organize. Typical rotation schedule is 14 days on 7 days off.

Easy to work with other contractors

Everyone is on site to do the same job. Work happens at a decent pace but nobody is ever stressed to work unsafely. There are many opportunities and positions that need to be filled.

Pros

Nice camp on site

Cons

Secluded from family if not near site

Great company to work for

This company supports its field staff fully, materials and manpower readily available, and a very strong HR/LR department to support all staff, very good salaries.

Wouldn't recommend

The pay was good. First time in a camp it seemed fine. My first time at a huge work site. I was thrown on machinery because they assumed I was trained at Earth Works. That's HR and the supervisors not communicating. I noticed alot of favoritism which I guess may be normal but others treated like dirt. The machinery is poorly maintained always breaking down. When I went to a different department on site RCC they actually treated people with respect and noticed there was always work to be done and people worked hard for them. The money is great, camps fine but I wouldn't recommend. I was really disappointed how I was treated at Earthworks but RCC let me finish off on a good note.

Never trust what the bosses tell you

Good wages and overtime. Terrible representation from CLAC union. Watch for drug addicts on site. Never speak out, Never teach your trade to others. Watch for back stabbers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peace River Hydro Partners. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5