Peace River Hydro Partners
Happiness score is 44 out of 100

Working at Peace River Hydro Partners: Latest Peace River Hydro Partners Reviews

Canada108 reviews

campprojectsafetysitefoodpoorlongmoney

Bad management

Back stabbing managers and coworkers out to step on you on their way up. Never know when you're going to get the axe, and a bad culture of safety third

Very Poor Management

Job scope is interesting however management is the worst I've experienced in 20 years, I've watched them hire 100's and promise long term employment only to lay them off a month later because they were only hired to meet a target. Don't waste your time, its a miserable place, you'll be much happier. Your welcome.

Insights into Peace River Hydro Partners

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment

Bad toxic work place

Terrible management and toxic work place. No process lo g work hours without overtime. Mangers could not speak or understand English and were not able to explain assignments

Pros

Nice camp

Cons

Long hours without recognition

Interesting project, poor remuneration for salary positions.

Interesting project to be a part of, however, poor remuneration for salary positions -- no RRSP packages and lower than average salary for this type of position. Entry level and a good place to learn more about large civil projects but not the best place to learn the best environmental monitoring practices.

Unorganized and bureaucratic.

Most people are great to work with, knowledgeable about their discipline and wanting to execute at a high level. Having three companies filling senior management/executive team positions that all have separate interests and objectives in the project means constant power struggles and direction changes. When camp travel is occurring (COVID related), the camp and camp life are as best as possible.

Disappointed

They preach teamwork and safety and then offer no support. Management is so in love with themselves they have no idea how full of it they are. Disappointing considering how awesome the project could be.

Pros

Great project and people on the ground.

Cons

Poor management.

Ssdasd d d qd d

Nice and best home office work environment all over Canada, worked from home during Covid-19. Excellent Field Execution Team.Great team, work is tough but fun. The pay could be better. The work is seasonal, laid off in the winter.

Pros

Nice and best home office work environment all over Canada, worked from home during Covid-19. Excellent Field Execution Team. Great team, work is tough but fun. The pay could be better. The work is seasonal, laid off in the winter.

Run

No amount of money is worth the dysfunction and corruption of this type of organization. It’s tempting to be a bum in a seat an make a killing but to take no pride in what you do, who you work for, what you’re building, where you’re investing your time, being unable to utilize what you know, or learn anything new, learn from anyone you work for, it does something to a person after a while.

Pros

So much money

Cons

Unlimited cons

Highly recommend avoiding

Terrible environment absolutely no loyalty they cover up serious safety incidents the entire workplace is a disaster waiting to happen management personnel are totally under qualified

Pros

Pay ok

Cons

Everything else

A Huge Mess

This company takes care of their guys about as well as they take care of their machines. The pile of dead gear here is larger than I've ever seen. Management is an absolute Joke there's no safety to speak of which is clear right off the bat as there's no house keeping so most work sites look like pig sties.

Pros

the money is good

Cons

everything else

Diverse scope of work and labour intensive

Too many young bucks with no or little work experience just hanging out while a select few do the work. Management sees it but have tied hands on account of the union. The lazy ones take full advantage of not being able to get fired.Good work, VERY good pay, excellent camp and amazing people for the most part.

Pros

Amazing Camp, great staff

Cons

Too many Pilons with faces.

Good place to meet new friends

There is a very high turnover rate, one of the best place to meet new friends and hang out with them.

Pros

Great place to make new friends

Worked as a Concrete Mixer Truck Operator. It is seasonal but, the pay more than made up for that. Is a camp job but, all Covid-19 protocols are in place. Likely safest place in Canada. Atco runs the camp. I'm not fond of how it's run but, it's tolerable. Food is okay not hot but, hey you can't have it all, right?Worked with an amazing crew! We were a great team had each others back and pulled together to get things done. Best foreman and supervisors I've ever worked for. The project is winding down and am looking forward to going back for one last season. Schedule was 2 weeks in 1 week home which was great for me.

Pros

People, Pay, Schedule

Cons

Atco Camp. It's tolerable though

Some good n some baaaaad

Thought I'd be happy and rejoiceful to work together with them but after the first shift a wannabe supervisor trys to tell me about the way I would be fired from walking around checking out the plant and then he tells the other members of the GLEE CLUB and we'll I should not have to say anything more about this..right .if you want to be told that everything you do is wrong and whoever's way is right then fill your boots but don't say i didn't warn you.

Pros

Camp

Cons

No Maral

Batch plant CVC

I got lucky, for the most part concrete and the batch plant was out of sight out of mind. I've never met such an awesome crew to work with, there will be a lot of reviews here on how management and supervisors really don't know what they're doing.. But for us we had the best guys, if this project was any longer I would have stayed all the waystayed all the way to the end

Pros

The crew, my boss's of course the money

Cons

Flying, short family time

Very good pay!!

Great pay, awsome people to work with, although very much lacking in management and advancement opportunities. Long days but over time after 6 hrs a day!!

Pros

Pay, employees

Cons

Away from home, management.

stressful work place but excellent amenities

12 hours working period with day and night shifts rotation(two weeks on one week off), co-workers mostly friendly and collaboratively but managers just thinking of their salary and position do not care about technical specs. The restaurant and gym were perfect and dormitory as well. Actually it is like a revolving door, so many newcomers and a lot quitting!

Pros

perfect restaurant and clean dormitory

Cons

long working hours, low salary

Pay is decent

Go to work, collect your paycheck. Be prepared to move the same dirt 5 times. The job scope is neat. Watch out for your own safety and your brother and sisters back.

Pros

Crews, camp is clean

Cons

equipment is beaten.

High Turnover

If you like constant turnover this place is for you. The Project is interesting. However, unless you are from Spain or Korea you likely will not last long.

Pros

Money is ok.

Cons

Revolving Door

Very happy

This is by far the best team I have been a part of. Real construction people getting the job done. BS is at the minimum and the morale on-site is generally very good with a great group of people who have fun while working. These big jobs are always temporary but I would work for PRHP forever if I could, no reason to leave...other than the job completing and them not needing me anymore lol

Pros

Long Hours, great pay, great team members

Cons

um, there must be one.

Peace river hydro

My time with prhp Was very educational and exciting learned some new skills and met alot of interesting people I would love to give rehired by them I would love

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peace River Hydro Partners. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement