Peace River Hydro Partners

Peace River Hydro Partners Employee Reviews

Canada87 reviews
Wouldn't recommend
The pay was good. First time in a camp it seemed fine. My first time at a huge work site. I was thrown on machinery because they assumed I was trained at Earth Works. That's HR and the supervisors not communicating. I noticed alot of favoritism which I guess may be normal but others treated like dirt. The machinery is poorly maintained always breaking down. When I went to a different department on site RCC they actually treated people with respect and noticed there was always work to be done and people worked hard for them. The money is great, camps fine but I wouldn't recommend. I was really disappointed how I was treated at Earthworks but RCC let me finish off on a good note.
Peace river hydro
My time with prhp
Was very educational and exciting learned some new skills and met alot of interesting people I would love to give rehired by them

I would love
Got fired because the manager needed money to pay for his friends flights from Newfoundland.
PRHP managers did not work collaboratively together. There were too many little empires.
They hired experienced people, but wouldn’t listen to their Advil!
Pros
Good salary
Cons
No benefits, no job security, no salary raises for life of project.
Good place to get on full time. Good money great camp.
I like working there. I recpmmend others in the position to take that opporutunity to work there. Great camp great network of people to get to be contacts with.
If camp work fits into your life schedule then this is a great place to work. Awesome modern camp. Good foremen on most crews. Never rushed to do a job. Big project and site can get a bit confusing sometimes, but always get sorted out in the end. Great pay and good benefits. Equipment needs upgrade now.
Award winning Project
Great place to diversify skill set. Great group of people from all over the country. Construction Team is organize and diverse.

Workplace is safe and organize. Typical rotation schedule is 14 days on 7 days off.
Easy to work with other contractors
Everyone is on site to do the same job. Work happens at a decent pace but nobody is ever stressed to work unsafely. There are many opportunities and positions that need to be filled.
Pros
Nice camp on site
Cons
Secluded from family if not near site
Great company to work for
This company supports its field staff fully, materials and manpower readily available, and a very strong HR/LR department to support all staff, very good salaries.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Peace River Hydro Partners?
Never trust what the bosses tell you
Good wages and overtime. Terrible representation from CLAC union. Watch for drug addicts on site. Never speak out, Never teach your trade to others. Watch for back stabbers.
Could be better
The money is awesome. The camp looks awesome, but the food is horrible. The equipment is run into the ground. Management doesn't care about the staff.
Scary
Appreciate the opportunity for the experience. Not the safest place.

Great camp and accommodations, good flights.

Hesitant to return to the safety culture
Poor
👎🏻 Don’t do it. Insecure work , poorly managed, no safety recognition, poorly set up work site , not enough bathrooms , not enough room in lunch rooms, poor site conditions, no consideration for local hires , use of drug tests not limiting the use of legal cannibis .
An amazing opportunity
With over 30 years in Underground Mining I looked forward to the challenge of working on the tunnels for this large dam. As I have extensive knowledge and experience in difficult ground and water management I was able to apply these to this project.
I was proud of my team's ability to meet every milestone put before us.
It was not a great experience
Far to much turn over. Management is from a different country & they are used to doing things differently than in Canada.
Frustrated employees.

The moral is usually very low.
Good Company
Its was a fast pace work that demanded a good work effort. I thrived there. the foremen like my hard work effort and common sense. and abilties to pick up the task given to me
Busy work environment, great people on site. Have learned many new skills. Participated in onsite training. Several trades present which makes for busy & interesting interactions
relaxed setting
Was well received at this work site each rotation There was and still is lots of work to be done there. lots of oppertunity to advance on equipment. Would suggest this work site to all people looking for work
Pros
accomidations were provided
Cons
raid days no work
No good
They are ruthless. The money is good. But they are very miss-managed. The management has no idea what they are doing. They don't care about the workers.
Chaotic work environment
At the time the company was just starting up. It was a joint venture between 3 different companies which let to an unstable environment at the time. I am sure things have improved since I left a couple of years ago, but at the time of my employment, there was a lot of turnover in management which made it difficult to get into a rhythm.
bad
good money, but a moral killer, feels like a stay in a working jail. they say you can leav camp, but make it very difficult. food is ok for the first week, then you realize its horrible.
Pros
pay was ok
Cons
poor managment, and lack of any direction or talent.
Panic React Hope and Pray
This conglomerate company is poorly managed and seems to fight between disciplines for work areas. I have worked there for 3 years steady so difficult to complain in that regard. Panic React Hope and Pray
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peace River Hydro Partners. Our community is ready to answer.
2.5