Peace River Hydro Partners
Happiness score is 49 out of 100

Peace River Hydro Partners Employee Reviews

Great pay, awsome people to work with, although very much lacking in management and advancement opportunities. Long days but over time after 6 hrs a day!!
Pros
Pay, employees
Cons
Away from home, management.
Too many young bucks with no or little work experience just hanging out while a select few do the work. Management sees it but have tied hands on account of the union. The lazy ones take full advantage of not being able to get fired.Good work, VERY good pay, excellent camp and amazing people for the most part.
Pros
Amazing Camp, great staff
Cons
Too many Pilons with faces.
If you're not a part of their clique your head is on a chopping block at all times. You're behind a barbed wire fence it feels like a penitentiary. If you're not friends with management you get the ax.
Poor on all fronts Treated badly from management Toxic work environment Mass confusion on all levels Major favouritism Unbelievably poorly maintained equipment Absolute joke all around, don’t waste your time here if you have other options
Pros
Flights paid, nice camp
Cons
Toxic and poorly managed, camp food is bad
There is a very high turnover rate, one of the best place to meet new friends and hang out with them.
Pros
Great place to make new friends
Worked as a Concrete Mixer Truck Operator. It is seasonal but, the pay more than made up for that. Is a camp job but, all Covid-19 protocols are in place. Likely safest place in Canada. Atco runs the camp. I'm not fond of how it's run but, it's tolerable. Food is okay not hot but, hey you can't have it all, right?Worked with an amazing crew! We were a great team had each others back and pulled together to get things done. Best foreman and supervisors I've ever worked for. The project is winding down and am looking forward to going back for one last season. Schedule was 2 weeks in 1 week home which was great for me.
Pros
People, Pay, Schedule
Cons
Atco Camp. It's tolerable though
Thought I'd be happy and rejoiceful to work together with them but after the first shift a wannabe supervisor trys to tell me about the way I would be fired from walking around checking out the plant and then he tells the other members of the GLEE CLUB and we'll I should not have to say anything more about this..right .if you want to be told that everything you do is wrong and whoever's way is right then fill your boots but don't say i didn't warn you.
Pros
Camp
Cons
No Maral
I got lucky, for the most part concrete and the batch plant was out of sight out of mind. I've never met such an awesome crew to work with, there will be a lot of reviews here on how management and supervisors really don't know what they're doing.. But for us we had the best guys, if this project was any longer I would have stayed all the waystayed all the way to the end
Pros
The crew, my boss's of course the money
Cons
Flying, short family time
12 hours working period with day and night shifts rotation(two weeks on one week off), co-workers mostly friendly and collaboratively but managers just thinking of their salary and position do not care about technical specs. The restaurant and gym were perfect and dormitory as well. Actually it is like a revolving door, so many newcomers and a lot quitting!
Pros
perfect restaurant and clean dormitory
Cons
long working hours, low salary
Go to work, collect your paycheck. Be prepared to move the same dirt 5 times. The job scope is neat. Watch out for your own safety and your brother and sisters back.
Pros
Crews, camp is clean
Cons
equipment is beaten.
If you like constant turnover this place is for you. The Project is interesting. However, unless you are from Spain or Korea you likely will not last long.
Pros
Money is ok.
Cons
Revolving Door
This is by far the best team I have been a part of. Real construction people getting the job done. BS is at the minimum and the morale on-site is generally very good with a great group of people who have fun while working. These big jobs are always temporary but I would work for PRHP forever if I could, no reason to leave...other than the job completing and them not needing me anymore lol
Pros
Long Hours, great pay, great team members
Cons
um, there must be one.
My time with prhp Was very educational and exciting learned some new skills and met alot of interesting people I would love to give rehired by them I would love
PRHP managers did not work collaboratively together. There were too many little empires. They hired experienced people, but wouldn’t listen to their Advil!
Pros
Good salary
Cons
No benefits, no job security, no salary raises for life of project.
I like working there. I recpmmend others in the position to take that opporutunity to work there. Great camp great network of people to get to be contacts with.
If camp work fits into your life schedule then this is a great place to work. Awesome modern camp. Good foremen on most crews. Never rushed to do a job. Big project and site can get a bit confusing sometimes, but always get sorted out in the end. Great pay and good benefits. Equipment needs upgrade now.
Great place to diversify skill set. Great group of people from all over the country. Construction Team is organize and diverse. Workplace is safe and organize. Typical rotation schedule is 14 days on 7 days off.
Everyone is on site to do the same job. Work happens at a decent pace but nobody is ever stressed to work unsafely. There are many opportunities and positions that need to be filled.
Pros
Nice camp on site
Cons
Secluded from family if not near site
This company supports its field staff fully, materials and manpower readily available, and a very strong HR/LR department to support all staff, very good salaries.
The pay was good. First time in a camp it seemed fine. My first time at a huge work site. I was thrown on machinery because they assumed I was trained at Earth Works. That's HR and the supervisors not communicating. I noticed alot of favoritism which I guess may be normal but others treated like dirt. The machinery is poorly maintained always breaking down. When I went to a different department on site RCC they actually treated people with respect and noticed there was always work to be done and people worked hard for them. The money is great, camps fine but I wouldn't recommend. I was really disappointed how I was treated at Earthworks but RCC let me finish off on a good note.
Good wages and overtime. Terrible representation from CLAC union. Watch for drug addicts on site. Never speak out, Never teach your trade to others. Watch for back stabbers.