PCM Employee Reviews

Canada35 reviews
Management is awesome ,supervisor keep you learning , co-workers are nice ,tu good the opportunity to be part of lot of good projects,unfortunately, none with salary increase
In Canada, Acrodex was a company with more than 35 years of experience.
It has good benefits, like vacations, health, short and long-term disabilities, bereavement, pay-off, life and disability insurances, ...

The company had many areas where you can develop your career.

They paid training as certifications.
Was a decent place to work, most of the people were very friendly and were easy to get along with.
They were recently bought out so not sure how that will effect the atmosphere there.
Pretty good place to start your IT career in my opinion. Work life balance is good here since management was pretty relaxed. Learned a lot during my time here. Training and communication could use some improvement though but overall I enjoyed working here.
Most days I get into the office early to make sure everything is ready for our first patients. That includes walking the doctor through his schedule and looking through the office scheduling system to check for any changes. I do a similar task at the end of the day, responding to any messages in our scheduling system and walking the doctor through the plan for the next day. My duties include assisting patients, both in person and on the phone. I schedule their appointments and help address any issues. Many of our patients call with concerns that I can deal with immediately. The pattern is similar most days of the week, though I also lead a weekly staff training seminar on a variety of topics, ranging from effective communication with patients to new health protocols. I volunteered for that responsibility as a way to improve my leadership and presentation skills.
Good for entry level sales roles - strong sales readiness focus. Strategically struggles due to frequent acquisitions. Recently acquired by Insight Canada.
I said enough above, I was employed there almost 9yrs and was fired with a downsizing. I also took them to normes de travail, where it was determined after their investigstion and court that PCM was quilty of harassment, I am not permitted to speak of this.
Great Team of technicians, Amazing managers and team leads, plenty of study materials to develop your skills, You turn to anybody and they are ready to help. Great fun place to work.
Pros
Great managements and staffs, Life and work balance
Cons
Pay
PCM is an ok place to work at, especially for newbies trying to get a start in IT. Work culture is fine, but training is not structured. Also depending on your role you could get very busy. Pay is significantly less than industry renumeration
Pros
1 hour break
Cons
Management seems to be focused on results only.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at PCM?
wonderful place to work. great benefits and multiple locations convenient for you to choose a location close to you. would recommend this strongly to those applying
The worst company i have ever worked with, i joined the company and online training was provided with no access to any accounts and internal websites.
My manager used to work on old system and in was put into new system and there were only 7 account in new system and they did not had much work to do on new system.

They do Mass firing if you don't meet sales requirements.

very low salary and treated like slaves.

Advise: if you dont have any experience in sales they will still hire you and in a month if you don't meet their expectations they will fire you

better do a store job then working at PCM
Cons
worst management
A job where you can create the income that you desire with hard work and determination. Everyone is helpful and the job is fast paced and enjoyable. Lots of perks and fun :)
Enjoyed working at PCM. Large motivated sales team. Positive business attitude within a structured and rewarding team environment.

Lots of training,contests and incentives.
Pros
Lots of foods and prizes
Cons
Relocating team member workstations - which I kind of enjoyed so it really was not a con in my case.
It's a fast growing company with ample of opportunity to grow and make money. The team out here is just awesome everyone is willing to help and make a difference to what they do for PCM Canada.

Strongly believes in Work and Life balance.
Pros
Great Management team
Cons
It's not for everyone, it's only for people who are willing to put in efforts.
Its a good company to start with. As you gain experience you start feeling that you are not paid as per the industry standards. But its very good job environment.
Pros
Very good people to work with, very flexible management.
Cons
Salary is not as per the industry standards.
This is one of the worst experiences I have had. Extremely low pay and they cover it up saying there the only company that offers a pension. Good luck getting permanent.
Top management and there entourage is ruthless, undermining and cutthroat. I'm unsure how anyone with any kind of morals or ethics works for PCM. Again why does the #City of Calgary have a contract with PCM.
Pros
Cons
Tons
I worked here for several years and other than the clients themselves was never treated well. I ran a dozen projects and served about 20 clients over my time there, but had to fight for resources and even a decent salary. Management does not listen. Senior management is outdated and disconnected. They hire 80's style managers, not leaders. All the good ones leave for better pay and better roles. It's a sweat shop, hiring the lowest paid wherever possible, not the best skilled. many under-skilled untrained laborers doing shoddy work. Frustrating. 'Fairness' 'appreciation' are words they simply don't have in their vocabulary.
Pros
It's a job with decent benefits.
Cons
Bad pay, no support, terrible management
If you have decent work experience and planning to work for PCM Canada then don't. Your resume will lose value if you put PCM Canada in it. They pay few cents over minimum wage and make you work like a donkey. Especially Calgary branch is run by a very very and very cheap management and they even laid off bunch off employed during the holidays for 2 weeks so that they didn't have to pay them stats pay. They used to be called Acrodex and using that name Acordex is even more dangerous for your IT Career. If you work in fast food you will earn more than this company. Not only they pay way below the market , they hire technicians with zero skills. PCM' Canada's official language is grade 5 English!! You will hear non-english speaking coworkers talking in their native language with the management !!! Work for this company if you have been without a job for a very long time or you want to have some kind of experience in your resume . Again if you are experienced then you are destroying your IT career by joining this company!!
Pros
These is no Pros about working in this company.
Cons
Fast food worker will earn more than you!
The people at PCM are nice and its a good team environment, and the people care about each other
Sadly there are no windows in the workplace except for senior management.
Pros
People
Cons
Lack of focus on market offerings
Formerly known as Acrodex. A lot of turnover rate for the group at coc. Hourly wage is below industry standards, majority goes back to PCM and not employees. When it comes to wage increase, don’t expect too much. Only upside were the benefits and co-workers make coming into work enjoyable. Great place to gain experience for juniors but don’t expect to be promoted unless you know the lead/manager. Manager of the group at coc..... I’ll keep those comments to myself.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Wage/Manager
PROS: high level understanding of tech. Coworkers are good. Making sales at this place despite everything very wrong with this company is a testament to your brilliance. If you even make a single sale here you will be soaring somewhere else. There are some great and talented people that work here but are stifled by others who are beyond incompetent at what they do.

Cons:

Where to start? Training is trash. The instructor has no inside sales experience for resellers but is training you. That’s like a hospital admin teaching a surgeon how to operate. Just because you work in the industry does not make you qualified to train.

Leadership is lacking. An organization can’t have competent leadership if all there willingly to do is follow what CDW achieved decades go.

Culture is good among the sales rep and terrible everywhere else. Management has an inferiority complex and does not like it if you have a different perspective on how to run YOUR business. The high turnover rate has less to do with sales being tough and more with how employees are treated here. Instant messages are monitored daily. All of top preforms hate the company. Many of them are new to the country and are stuck working for this kinda company in the interim. Nothing about this sales force is sustainable.