PCL Industrial Management Inc Employee Reviews

great employer - enjoyed my time there
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 April 2018
great employer - enjoyed my time there
worked on a variety of industrial sites
exposed to heavy construction
excellent safety culture
opportunity for employee ownership
Upbeat environment with room to expand your wings
HSE Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Redwater, AB13 March 2018
Early mornings and the occasional late nights are common. Getting to know the trade workers and contractors is a big bonus. I learned that you do not know everything working at an Industrial plant. Everyday, there is something new that you did not know before. Our management and the client (owner of plant) are very approachable and easy to talk to. They have an amazing relationship with their contractors.
The hardest part of the job is obviously the early mornings and the work/life management. With some time, it is easy to get used to.
The most enjoyable part of the job is just being out there, talking to the trades. Getting to know everyone including workers, subcontractors, superintendents and management.
Pros
Building relationships, recognition
Cons
PCL not what you'd expect
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 March 2018
PCL is currently going through some changes and needs to re-evaluate their organizational needs.

Hopefully, they will overcome these obstacles in the near future.
Nice people , good company culture
HSE Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 February 2018
It was a nice place to work, good company culture, the big projects provides opportunity to learn. Small projects gives a lot of independence to practice what you have learnt .
Great Outlook and Culture
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Western Canada9 February 2018
Alike many others I was loyal to PCL as an employer for many reasons including the culture, diversity and benefits however not maintaining projects as promised has created a downturn in employment for many. PCL as a whole was great although management tactics and family/friend cliques within that have been established many years ago will eventually lead PCL into its next venture without the qualified staff. Without projects this company will have to make changes throughout the organization to keep up with the rest of the industry and I wish nothing but the best for the stakeholders.
Pros
5yr gold pin
Cons
leadership and mentoring
Very happy with PCL
Project Coordinator - Project history (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 January 2018
PCL would still hold my loyalty and dedication should they have project work enough to have kept me employed. There is very little about PCL which I disapproved of.
Pros
Wonderful working atmosphere
Cons
No current work available
Great Place to Work!
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 January 2018
Great place to work with lots of opportunities for advancement and they really take care of their employees. Annual reviews, awesome Christmas parties. It’s great here.
Pros
Advancement, morale is great
Good Training for staff
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 November 2017
I enjoyed working for PCL. I was treated good, and they invested a lot of time into developing my skills. Employee owned company as well, so you get shares every year
Not the best place
HSE Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB31 October 2017
PCL is not the best place to work - the want you to commit to them and give up your life but as soon as you need to spend family time to have a better work life balance, they disown you.
Productive work place,work a lot of great people,great company to work for.
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 October 2017
My time at PCL was truly one of the best work based experiences i've ever had.The management team were very help full to employee. Provides a great working atmosphere long with excellent perks.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Constant stress

Want to know more about PCL Industrial Management Inc?

Ask a question
Good Work Atmosphere
SENIOR SCHEDULER (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 October 2017
Employee ownership promotes a positive work atmosphere, working together towards the success of the company.
Company recognizes exceptional performance.
Good overtime opportunities.
Pros
Employee ownership
Positive and Professional atmosphere
Instrumentation Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Redwater, AB13 September 2017
Company helps you succeed and the best thing is they are willing to help as much as possible.
It's been 5 years and the experience I have received is going to stay with me forever.
Great experience overall
Project Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 May 2017
The hardest part of the job is working there but the most enjoyable part of the job is being there. There is no easy going at work place but you can make it enjoyable as long as you put the work into workplace.
Project construction work
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Redwater, AB9 May 2017
Worked there until the job was finished. Good safety Culture. Management was unorganized. I enjoyed working for them for the most part. Constantly looking over your shoulder and worried about getting Laid-off
Pros
good safety program
Cons
Construction work
payroll admin
Payroll Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 March 2017
-large company with a great workplace culture & involved in the many great charities.
-typical day: payroll was run weekly, every Monday was spend checking reports, Wed was filing, thurs & fri : entering timesheets, etc
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
policy of not giving job references
All in all, not a bad place to work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB5 January 2017
The work was fast paced and mostly enjoyable. When I first started, the company was 5 stars, but as the older managers left it seemed to change for the worst. As with a lot of companies during a boom, people were promoted too quickly and a lack of experience at the top became evident. The company seemed to hire an extreme amount of personnel at head office and became very top heavy. My co-workers were generally good people, as were the building trades workers I dealt with. As with any camp job, family life suffers and if you are not happy with the camp situation it can be a miserable existence.

All in all, not a bad place to work. If your direct supervisor and co-workers are good then the job is good. Same as anywhere else.
Pros
Great projects and interesting work
Cons
Cutbacks in hrs, camp conditions, and drop in morale.
Great Job with Chance of Advancement
Document Controller (Current Employee) –  Redwater, AB31 March 2016
Working for PCL is a great experience and I am lucky to be here. I am currently in a entry position and am just looking for another job to work after I'm off work on site.
Pros
Benefits, Advancement Opportunity, Over Time, Great People
Cons
Long Hours
People are awesome
Materials Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kearl Lake, AB20 January 2016
I would rate this place ok, some of the managment were ok but some were not. Their are a lot of family members here. Family comes first. PCL - People Come Last.
Pros
Lots of talking
Cons
When its busy you do get over time
Productive workplace
Quality/Turnover Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vanscoy, SK9 November 2015
fast-pace environment, co-workers were great, very cooperative, and supportive, meeting people from all over the world, enjoyed the free breakfasts and lunches that were catered every now and again, delivery of cookies and donuts.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Intelligent and capable management team
HSE Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB20 October 2015
Enjoyed the solution providers approach to challenges, and the accountability that was shared throughout the CMT. The Management team and Superintendents were a pleasure to work with both professionally and personally. Overall a positive management environment, several improvements could be made to consistency, document control and hiring process to ensure and maintain the level of experienced personnel required.
Pros
Diverse team, Supportive Senior Management Team
Cons
Student/ inexperienced team, poor work ethic