PCL Energy Inc

PCL Energy Inc Employee Reviews

Canada239 reviews

safetyloacampforemanenergyflighttradesite

Productive and fun place to work

We worked long hours and had a bus ride into the jobsite which made our days long but the overtime pay was worth it. Good crews and good management made for a productive day

Alright

If you need a job they have them. Management can be hit or miss. Most foreman are easy to talk too. Some superintendent are like robots.............

Insights into PCL Energy Inc

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Support from manager

Not good

Managment plays games with employees. Wages increase substantially only for trades they can’t get, nobody else gets raise. Stressful work culture. If you don’t get along with super your days are numbered. Push extremely hard to get people to work every second of everyday, much like chinese labour or sweatshop.

Well oiled machine.

A great crew atmosphere, benefits were very good, safety was number one. They balanced the tasks very well and encouraged me to grow. I would gladly work with them again in the future.

Productive and fun place to work

Good company to work for. Lots of interesting things that I did. Fun place to work. Learn more about Pipe fitting. Everyday new challenges. Safety was good.

Very quality work

Very quality work Nice people good communication safety and tools equipment learn more and PCL Energy New HR good company I like it Work safe and quality

Cons

Work safe and quality

Worked in solar. Was a good experience.

Had to travel 3 hours every day. No LOA.Ended up staying at a campground for the duration of the job. Other than that great administration and management. Good overall experience.

Worked at Fort Hills year ago.

Big job, fast paced but pay was good. Camp job too, so good food and my boss was awesome.Man... I'd love another big camp job like that again. Plus they supplied the big tools and hard hat. I had to buy coveralls and work boots. The normal atmosphere.

Pros

Competitive pay

Cons

You're a paper cup. They use you and toss you

good place for work. good management

safety first is the culture at that company. I liked work there and the management is very competent and reliable. Any concerns are took in considerations

Awesome co-workers. Decent wage

Very large company but didn't feel like just a number. Co-workers were awesome and knowledgeable. Enjoyed my time there. Tos were always available. Management always pushed for more production even when material wasn't available. Wage was good and benefits were also decent. Would work for them again.

Pros

Decent pay Good co-workers

Cons

Management is very "clicky"

I enjoyed working for PCL at the Alpine Site

I really enjoyed working at the Alpine site managment was great and my fellow workers were also great, I left for a maintenance job up north, But if I'm looking for work in the future I would be most certain to give PCL a call.

Pros

N/a

Cons

N/a

Very productive but people come last

Recruiter falsely advertised that the job was 2-3 years when they only needed workers for 2 months. Doesn’t feel very honest from the start. They practice lay offs as a strategic tactic. They lack discipline at following their own safety and policies.

Pros

Free water

Cons

No one wearing masks

Management is excessively condescending and show poor leadership

One of the most poorly managed companies I have worked for. In field employees are treated as an inconvenient necessity and not as the people that keep the company viable. Quality workmanship is not only discouraged but is frowned upon. Work flow is something that does not seem to be part of the company. Continued employment is something that is only provided for the select few. In most cases work mates are good to work with however share a common concern about working conditions. As long as Government Policies continue to discourage development of projects and the numbers of workers out way the demand for them companies like PCL will continue to operate in such an oppressive manor.

Pros

Reasonable rates

Cons

No planning, X type management

Interesting and fun at work

I like this company, one of the best compant I been worked for, very professional management, and excellent behaviour of supervisors are good coordination to each co workers , appropriate salary and benifits given,

Productive and very nice environment

It was all in all very good except one of two in the supervision seems to be lil arrogant. They just wanna try to intervene too much into something that has nothing to do with them.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Some Idiots in in the supervision

productive and fun to work there

it was best job i ever had. i recommend other people work there. PCL take care of their employees good. some time there is little pressure but it is better than other places.

It is very good place to work with PCL

Been there for 1 month shut down job They look after them supporting and encouraging them to thrive. The working hours are flexible allowing you to take care of your family. balancing work-life / personal-life.It is a great place to work.

Worst company going.

They had a hire and fire mentality. The management team was terrible and unorganized. The jobs were always a mess and never completed ontime. The front line leadership wasn't trained or qualified. This is possibly the worst company anyone could work for. They would bring in new hires by the bus loads and new fired meeting them at the gate. There is no job security and the pay was terrible. Stay away from this company if you can.

Interesting work

Received work scope and completed work as required. Very safety oriented. Attended morning safety meeting. Work was interesting constant changing and very rewarding.

Large money hungry yes man company.

In PCL culture you are a number only. They employ supervisors and managers that put money and company first. They undercut other companies by being the lowest paid contractors on sites. They value a simple heart beat over experience, ability and respect. Not a company who values their employees because however bad they treat them there will be another line of people in the unemployment line they can go through. I wouldn't recommend ever working for this company.

Pros

Lots of safety gear

Cons

Everything else

Productivity,safety

It’s nice. Most of my co-workers are good and they give me support and assist in this kind of job..We are working always safety and doing well. And we always follow the safety rules.

Pros

In camp

Cons

Just 10 hrs. A day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PCL Energy Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement