PBS Systems Employee Reviews

Don't care about employees, highly unprofessional
Service Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 March 2019
Along with everyone else favoritism and family hires create poor management. Do not care about their employees and aren't willing to provide support. Could not care about helping new employees succeed. Very unprofessional. Lots of drug use at work trips.
Pros
Free cookies once a month
Cons
Everything esle
NOT a place to grow
Service Support (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2019
If you want to learn and grow, this is not a place for you. As mentioned by other employees, this is a family owned business. Regular employees are not as important as they should be. Family & friends always comes first, even they have no skills/experience. It's a place if you are just looking for a pay cheque, it's NOT a place if you are looking to learn and grow.
Pros
Stable haours
Cons
No Growth
one of the worst comany in mankind
Accounting support (Current Employee) –  Milton18 March 2019
This is the worst company you can work for.
Cons: bad pay
Bad mangers
Horrible work life balance
Travel without pay
Family owned could care less about emloyees and could care less about working employees.
They take 5 dollars from your pay and do not even provide lunch
you can wear any attire you want no professional work clothes
Avoid this company at all cost

Pros : free parking
PBS Systems Milton
Service Support (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON5 February 2019
Family own and operated. Promotions and 'great' reviews goes to their family and friends. Regular employees stay where they started, even after 3-5 years. What I know about their main office, Calgary, is actually worse than our Milton office. I am not planning to stay any longer, I am looking for a better place.
Pros
Regular paycheque
Cons
Read my reviews
Better than I had Imagined!
PBS Staff (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 December 2018
I have been working at PBS Systems full-time (More than a year).

The pay is decent and there are many opportunities for advancement. If you work hard, you will be recognized. The company is growing at such a rapid pace and new faces are always coming in but if you're doing a good job, the word spreads. You get what you sow. No one here is too shy to let your accomplishments go unnoticed!

Depending on your position in the company, I won't argue that you won't have a harder time climbing the corporate ladder than others but it is definitely possible. The ones who complain and hate their job don't make it up there for obvious reasons.
Pros
Periodic staff lunches, and cookie day on the last Wednesday of every month. Decent benefits, onsite gym, full communal kitchen, and free parking, Food truck comes by every day before lunch, the building is located close to a variety of food/coffee chains and restaurants.
Cons
some people come to work with a negative attitude, some employees think primarily about what PBS can do for them and seldom the other way around
Great place to work and grow!
Communications (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 December 2018
I'm so grateful to be working for a company that provides its staff with great opportunities! PBS truly values its employees and fosters a great team spirit. Things like cookie days, staff lunches and similar team events contribute to a strong, positive workplace culture.

As an employee at PBS, you are encouraged to get involved and share your ideas. I feel like I am an integral part of the company and I feel supported as a person, professionally and personally.

I am also confident that this company will continue to make strides in the software and auto industry.
Pros
Company culture, benefits and work/life balance
Fast growing company with lots of opportunity
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 December 2018
All departments are team focused, PBS emphasizes team work. I've learnt so many skills with PBS, from time management to customer relations. A typical day can range from project management to software testing. Mix in cookie days, birthday lunches and catered meals it is a lot of fun. The Stampede BBQ is a highlight. The culture here is very professional but laid back at the same time. The most enjoyable part of my job are the staff and customers I work with. I've made some amazing long term friends and contacts. The hardest part of my job would be large events. I'm not very social so I've had to learn new skills to excel at our conferences. Some events with existing customers are now second nature to me but I am still learning how to maneuver and network in unfamiliar territory. I have been here 5 years and I'd recommend it to anyone with a strong work ethic.
Pros
Bonuses are excelent
PBS Review
Technical Service Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 June 2018
NO growth, family owned. Family and their friends always get away with whatever they please. Promotions were given to their family/friends and high turn over. I won't recommend this place.
Pros
Fulltime regular hours
Cons
Too much favoritism to their own family and friends.
Stressful pressure tank
Software Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 June 2018
For any pay raises there is a certification required for all levels to aquire any pay raises. With software constantly changing, certifications are constantly requiring updates or the certification pay will be removed. Constant pressure tank with people constantly looking over your shoulder and critisizing you and your work.
Certifications are constantly reviewed for them to remove the certification pay.
Pros
Birthday celebrations each month and fresh fruit one day a week provided
Cons
constant review and passing tests to recertify to keep pay raises or loose the pay
Terrible Company
Service Support (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 April 2018
Words can't describe this place. Runs by family and friends. Regular employees has no value. Very high turn overs. No chance for advancements as promotions are ONLY given to family/friends.
Pros
Cons
Read my review abouve
Great company!
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 February 2018
I worked for them for years in their support center in roles of increasing responsibility. They were fantastic! I left for personal reasons only and would recommend them to anyone.
Poor and underpaid job
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 February 2018
Absolutely pathetic company, takes advantages of employees. Family run, favoritism of course goes to their family friend. Managers are high school dropouts and mostly family/friends. Do yourself a favor, get a proper job elsewhere!
Pros
Free Cookies!
Cons
Way underpaid for what you are require to do
Dead End
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 February 2018
A Dead End job. Management is as bad as they can be. Family run business, managers are all family friends, relative. No management skills what so ever. No room to grow, all promotions are given to kissers or family/friends.
Pros
Regulary hours
Cons
Rad comments above
Mediocre Company
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 December 2017
Worked there for about a year. Poorly run company, no room for growth. People join new and since they are family/friends, gets promoted. Regular employee stays where they started......
Pros
Free Cookies
Cons
Stay Away
Looks nice.. ...from the outside
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2017
Management would rather hire family than skilled employees.
The job you apply for will not be the work they actually give you.
Management has horrible communication but blames it on staff instead of themselves.
Management team is filled out by family members hiring family members.
Tonnes of incestuous interactions between employees.

Bumped into another former employee who informed me they are leaving in droves. People who have been there for years and have a steady job are jumping ship.. I think that says everything you need to know..
Pros
A cookie once a month
Nepotism at its finest
Client Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgsry11 July 2017
Cons: Over promising/under deliver by management
PBS is a classic example of a family owned business that happened to become successful but wasn't able to keep up with technology or keeping the place staffed without hiring cousins/nieces/nephews to run a company in a industry they know nothing about. They try to advertise "free travel" as part of the benefit to work here, you are not going to glamourous locations, and the per diem is so low, and hours so long you will barely scrape by to make minimum wage.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Management over promises/under delivers consistently
Look elsewhere
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 June 2017
Willing to put up with and get blamed for managements mistakes, be overwhelmed constantly, work with a lot of incompetent people and get terrible raises? This is the place for you. Lousy communication, Atrocious management, Poor organization, Uneducated managers, unskillful hires, poor direction and with software releases.
Cons
everything
Look Elsewhere
Client Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary22 June 2017
No work/life balance. Lots of travelling for a very very low pay. High turn-over. Family owned, no room for growth. If you can suck up to them, you can go somewhere, otherwise, stay on the same role as long as you are with the company. New hires are clueless as training in non-existence.
Pros
Cons
There are much better option out there!!
its a place
Programmer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 July 2015
Mom and pop operation where most of management isn't their due to talent but to family ties. Staff works hard but isn't paid enough to make them love their job
Amazing
Ontario Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario4 September 2012
I worked as a Regional Sales Manager for three years. This company is so so amazing. The management team works with their people and total work life balance. Totally wished I never left.
Pros
work life balance