Payless ShoeSource

Payless ShoeSource Management reviews

Canada417 reviews

Clear

Found 137 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,516 reviews

Business no longer exist. I wrote this review so Indeed would stop asking me to rate my experience every time I logged on

When it was in operation, it was a great place to work. Our store was lucky we had a great team and management was firm but fair and approachable. Too bad the company was unable to survive

My experience with Payless was that the management uses lower staff to do all the duties they don’t want to do. Things such as running shipment, presentation changes, sale changes, etc. Very micromanaged at this company. And no chance of advancing after almost 2 years without having to relocate. Not for a retail job! Also only received 30% discount which was less than customers discounts half the time.

Pros

Cons

Lots of work, no incentives, no benefits

Insights into Payless ShoeSource

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

Great place to learn.

Is great place to learn and improve customer service skills. Also, as part of the management team, you are going to have a hands on approach to everything.

It honestly was great to work there, unfortunately the manager refused written time off, co- owner was a snakey so they went bankrupt.

Saleswoman; organizing each item is in the right place/ on the floor, picking up any packaging from shoe boxes, speak with customers and reassure they leave happy with the best item for their needs, cashier, computer skills, restocking shelves properly with new product & scanning tags daily for proper sale postings, possessed key holder after passing 3month probation, neglected 6 weeks ahead note for time off Poor management I enjoyed everything but that^

Small retail store with relatively friendly staff

The work environment was mostly relaxed and fun, my coworkers were friendly and became like family. Problems with upper management and a failure to keep up with modern business practices caused the company to go bankrupt, so obviously would not recommend applying as they no longer exist.

Pros

relaxed environment, friendly coworkers, generous employee discounts

Cons

outdated policies, no online store, bad upper management.

Productive and Good Starting Job

The staff is super friendly and it is a great place for a starting job. Helped create good work habits. Management was great and very helpful in training

The work was pretty much straight forward. However the management team was poor

Working at Payless was difficult at times because of bad management. My manager was unprofessional and I didn’t feel part of the team. I actually requested a transfer out of that particular location.

Pros

Customer service skills

Cons

Bad management

Stressful

overall it's a stressful environment, often understaffed to offset the busiest times of the day, You can't schedule employees for a 3 hour or split shift every day. You have to be on your toes and often the workload is extreme.

Great Place to Work

Great People and management team. Great place to work, never a boring day. Great if you love people. Training was provided. Payless closed in April

Great culture and great fellow associates

Great place to have come up through the ranks to learn all about retail management. Only reason for leaving Payless Shoesource was that the company filed for bankruptcy earlier this year .I'm sure l would still be employed with them if bankruptcy had not happened. Thank you.

Payless was the best job i ever had

Loved working at payless. I was very disappointed when they closed. Management was very good. Our dl was very fair and she expected great sales and customer service. She treated her staff with respect and she got that respect back. We had a dedicated, hardworking staff.

Was good

Until they’re closed down They were a very good company good management until they went in bankruptcy’s I like working at Payless it was busy in the Christmas we work a lot of hoursI have no complain about anything

Fun fast-paced environment stressing excellent customer service

A fun, fast-paced environment building great customer service in selling mens, woman's and childrens shoes and accessories. Management was very supportive in growth within the company and in store training.

Worst. Place. Ever.

They're all closed down. I think this speaks for itself. Terrible management. Horrible teenagers you have to try to wrangle to work. Garbage pay. Dont ever ask for help, that's apparently considered a sign of weakness and unreliability.

The company is closed it doesnt matter

It was a great place to work because of the fellow employees. Unfortunately that doesn't matter because the company is now closed due to bankruptcy so this review is pointless

Productive and fun place to work.

Lots of work. Always keeps you busy which I liked. You meet a lot of new people and there is room to grow. Upper Management is great and works with your availability.

Pros

discount

Cons

Payless is out of business...

I don't think anyone can apply here anyway since the company closed down throughout Canada. My manager was awful... she yelled at me in front of customers all the time and told me off for things that weren't even my fault (more than two other people confirmed I wasn't at fault with these things). She quit right before the store closed anyway... but terrible work experience.

Cons

It was a fun company to work for

Payless Shoe Source was a great company to work for, management noticed associates potential and promotions were bases on that. I worked for this company for 16 years, since arriving in Canada, I began my career as a Sales Associate and became a Multi Store Leader, created a great relationship with all, from sales associates, Assistant Managers, group Leaders, District Leaders, it was and still is very sad to know this company declared bankruptcy.

Strict, racist management. Rendered the atmosphere dark and tense. Would not recommend. Does not encourage to work harder - instead criticizes you.

Bonne ambiance et belle accueille de presentation

Environnement de travail productif et agréable qu'on expérimente chez cet employeur on y rêve d'y retourner autant pour les clients que pour les employés franchement un standard exemplaire.

Pros

Bon esprit d'equipe

bad hours

the management was constantly changing and the environment never got any better. you get over worked and sometimes never get breaks. other times i wouldnt get shifts for months. it wasnt the best experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payless ShoeSource. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement