Payless ShoeSource

Payless ShoeSource Culture reviews

Canada417 reviews

Clear

Found 99 reviews matching the searchSee all 5,516 reviews

Business no longer exist. I wrote this review so Indeed would stop asking me to rate my experience every time I logged on

When it was in operation, it was a great place to work. Our store was lucky we had a great team and management was firm but fair and approachable. Too bad the company was unable to survive

Productive and Good Starting Job

The staff is super friendly and it is a great place for a starting job. Helped create good work habits. Management was great and very helpful in training

Insights into Payless ShoeSource

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job

learning environment

It was a great learning experience. the workplace culture was little competitive. the typical day at work would be greeting customers and helping them out.

Fun place but no longer in business

I loved working here, it was a great part time job. It was faced paced, but easy going. The customers were always happy and friendly. It is unfortunate that this place went bankrupt.

Lovely managers and co workers. Easy and fun but sad to see it close. The products were great and fair prices. I would work here again. Nothing bad to say about the company.

Unfortunately the company shut down now because of bankruptcy

I enjoyed working for Payless shoes. The team was enjoyable and friendly to work with and I like that it was a busy work pace. If the company were to open back up I would work for them again

Payless is no longer in Canada.

Payless is no longer in Canada. It was a great company to work for. It was very sad to see them leave. I love working with people and the team I had in every store I managed where amazing.

Awesome store managers, although not a lot of backup available when needed to support staff. Clients were the best part of the job. Great perks and benefits.

Great Place to Work

Great People and management team. Great place to work, never a boring day. Great if you love people. Training was provided. Payless closed in April

Productive and fun loving with my partner

It was a nice and good job to handle and salary was quite comfortable for me. I provided and learned to handle the customers with piece of information which they require.

leadership skills

At payless shoes i did a variety which made it interesting. Interacting with customers and new coworkers was fun as i enjoy meeting new people and learning from them.

Payless is a great place to work. I learned more about customer service and my manager was very understanding when it came to my school. She was very flexible so I never had a problem with her. The coworkers were amazing as well.

I loved it there...

It's really unfortunate that the company had to go down. The shoes were very affordable, and at the location I was working at, my coworkers were so much fun and I couldn't have asked for a better team. I love Payless and sad to see it go.

Bonne ambiance et belle accueille de presentation

Environnement de travail productif et agréable qu'on expérimente chez cet employeur on y rêve d'y retourner autant pour les clients que pour les employés franchement un standard exemplaire.

Pros

Bon esprit d'equipe

Positive, helpful environment

Greeting customers and solving their problems Learned to maintain a professional and positive attitude at all time Management was very understanding and genuine Workplace culture was very diverse and equal Hardest part of the job was maintaining a positive and professional attitude after being sworn at. Most enjoyable part was seeing my coworkers and sparking conversations with customers

Pros

positive customers

Cons

Negative customers

Productive, fun, great manager, and team driven

Going to work was great, I always new that I would have a good day. I enjoyed the team driven environment that always motivated people to do their very best.

Great team!

I love working at Payless! Management is very relatable and easy going. Achievable daily goals and great rewards. The staff is as close as a family. Was always excited to go to work.

So sad to see it go

It was truly a great place to work, the people i worked with were a delight. RIP payless you will be missed. Would have reccomend to anyone looking for a first time job.

Pros

Great work environment, super friendly

Cons

Dead

Super great to work there

Payless is a super fun upbeat place to work. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. The people who I worked with were super kind, as well as helpful. It has a great atmosphere.

Pros

Small amount of people to work with at a time

Cons

The store is closing

Good Company but closing

I loved working at Payless but I am now being laid off along with over 2,400 other employees across the country. The work enviroment was always great.

Pros

good customers

Cons

limited growth

OK place to work

When i was employed here there was not alot of hours available for staff, but it was an enjoyable place to work with alot of great co-workers. The job was easy and enjoyable.

Pros

Easy job

Cons

short hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Payless ShoeSource. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement